Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

replaced the knock sensor on the EJ25 took me long enough.. the SOHC motor was far faster to change it out.

Yea, some things are harder, and some are easier with the ej25... knock is a little harder, but there's more access when getting to torque converter bolts.

I washed, cay barred, waxed, and installed HIDs into my projectors yesterday.

Yea, some things are harder, and some are easier with the ej25... knock is a little harder, but there's more access when getting to torque converter bolts.

I washed, cay barred, waxed, and installed HIDs into my projectors yesterday.

I was like %^$^$(& then the knock sensor bolt fell down next to the hole.. lucky I had a 10 inch long screwdriver and I pushed the bolt out from the side of the motor until I could reach it.

I was going to wash the car today but we are having thunderstorms tonight.. maybe Friday..

A lot! I have a '93 Impreza L that I bought new. Now has 150K. So here's what I've done recently:

New tires, brakes, 4 new struts, alignment, oil change, wiper blades, gas door, packed shifter linkage with lithium grease, (it was rattling), new battery and wiring harness, replaced temperature knob rack & pinion, installed new stereo (Sony with USB outlet), Rf wheel bearing and new clutch in '09. Detailed inside and out yesterday. Gonna replace the antennae today (bent), touch up paint chips, and get the engine cleaned.

Feels good...

I told my girlfriend how much I spent last week and she said "That's a car payment right there." I said yep-that I don't have to make next month.

today i started my subaru loyale gl 10 and noticed that my temp gauge was rising showing the engine was nearly overheating so i changed the radiator cap since the old one was worn out. after driving the car the temperature gauge rose slightly above the cold mark and didnt rise any further :)the engine was very cool.

Doing some resealing on my engine.

Was running a bit low on oil pressure and needed some other seals, so I pulled the engine out (ea82T) and took it down to block and heads still together.

The gear on the oil pump had split and the metal band on the back had fallen off and wore a hole through the pump :eek::eek::eek:. Got another one coming on Thursday so no biggey.

Also wanted to stop my power steering from leaking all over the place and took it out, took the reservoir off to change the o-ring out.

Noticed that there seemed to be lots of signs of leaking from the front bearing seal area, sourced a bearing for it locally and took the shaft out to get the bearing off. Notice a seal behind the bearing---- and it was missing parts of the inner lip......:confused: Part number on it is NOK ae 0816f.... yeah right.... try to find one of those. Crosses over to a honda part number (91215PHR003) for 2004 insight manual transmission shifter seal.... No one locally has one of those or any other seal that is the right size (18x30x7) was looking on several pages and thought that the oil pump seal looked real close to the right size and since I had one already to the pump reseal I pulled it out and checked it. It is 18x30x9 hmmmmmm....... the back looks like it might compress a little so give it a shot. Will have to let you all know if it all works like it is supposed to (i.e. no weird sounds or leaks) but this seems like a really good solution for the power steering pump leaks.

Hush

Doing some resealing on my engine.

Was running a bit low on oil pressure and needed some other seals, so I pulled the engine out (ea82T) and took it down to block and heads still together.

The gear on the oil pump had split and the metal band on the back had fallen off and wore a hole through the pump :eek::eek::eek:. Got another one coming on Thursday so no biggey.

Also wanted to stop my power steering from leaking all over the place and took it out, took the reservoir off to change the o-ring out.

Noticed that there seemed to be lots of signs of leaking from the front bearing seal area, sourced a bearing for it locally and took the shaft out to get the bearing off. Notice a seal behind the bearing---- and it was missing parts of the inner lip......:confused: Part number on it is NOK ae 0816f.... yeah right.... try to find one of those. Crosses over to a honda part number (91215PHR003) for 2004 insight manual transmission shifter seal.... No one locally has one of those or any other seal that is the right size (18x30x7) was looking on several pages and thought that the oil pump seal looked real close to the right size and since I had one already to the pump reseal I pulled it out and checked it. It is 18x30x9 hmmmmmm....... the back looks like it might compress a little so give it a shot. Will have to let you all know if it all works like it is supposed to (i.e. no weird sounds or leaks) but this seems like a really good solution for the power steering pump leaks.

Hush

The Honda number crosses over to a Napa number NOS 7012 that is listed as a power steering pump seal. It should be available, good luck.

I was like %^$^$(& then the knock sensor bolt fell down next to the hole.. lucky I had a 10 inch long screwdriver and I pushed the bolt out from the side of the motor until I could reach it.

I was going to wash the car today but we are having thunderstorms tonight.. maybe Friday..

One of those telescopic magnet things FTW!! With an alloy engine makes it really easy to grab dropped bolts under the mani.

After I drove 440 miles across the state to my parent's in Newport, the day after I got there, driving about a mile on low speed roads, my car puked. I knew the timing belt broke instantly, and I was SO very happy the belt didn't snap somewhere in the desert. Pulled my car home with the Brat and replaced the T belts and ditched the covers. I bought a kit right after I got the car, I was just waiting for them to go. I got 30,000 miles on the car before they went.

If anyone wants them, I have the outer covers for the far sides that aren't broken.

Before I left I installed some 55W driving lights in the grill. It looks like daylight with them on. And my headlight bulbs were from 1995, so I bought new ones, makes a world of difference. Also a couple round tractor flood lights, rear facing on the top of the hatch, where the spoiler mounts used to be.

Wired an amp while I was at it. And replaced the passenger window motor, with time to spare before the summer. Last summer wasn't great with one working window and no working AC, now all my windows work and I have an R34a conversion kit.

*edit*

Also, I nabbed a set of GL-10 seats out of the junkyard, dark blue with the height adjust and adjustable headrests. And headrests on the rear seats, which is the main reason I wanted them. Besides the fact that they look better and are more comfortable than my old ones.

th_downsized_0326010248a.jpg

Edited by Ryuko91
I forgot things.

did just a little bit of stuff today not much..

changed the fluid in the rear diff and cleaned it as best as I could (how did it get caked?)

IMAG0329-1.jpg

IMAG0336-1.jpg

I was debating about doing it but I drained fluid out of a bad tranny and put new in ya know gear oil is not cheap :-/

I knew it was not going to be pretty.. but in 2 weeks I should have a replacement.

IMAG0339-1.jpg

IMAG0340-1.jpg

Sanded and painted my belt cover flat black and it came out pretty good.

IMAG0346-1.jpg

sanded wiper arms so they look better now.

IMAG0347-1.jpg

I was debating about doing it but I drained fluid out of a bad tranny and put new in ya know gear oil is not cheap :-/

I knew it was not going to be pretty.. but in 2 weeks I should have a replacement.

Yikes, those are some ugly looking chunks. I just changed my tranny oil yesterday, and I was half expecting to see something similar. But luckily it was pretty clean! :banana: Hopefully it'll start shifting better - I can still feel it grinding a bit going into third.

Yikes, those are some ugly looking chunks. I just changed my tranny oil yesterday, and I was half expecting to see something similar. But luckily it was pretty clean! :banana: Hopefully it'll start shifting better - I can still feel it grinding a bit going into third.

well I knew it had tranny problems when I got it I'm just waiting for the replacement one before I take this one out and open it up.

car right now has no 5th gear.

Rear Outback struts (Silver POR-15 coated and painted over black)

Rear brake rotors

Rear brake pads

Rear brake calipers

Scraped off previous owner's crappy bumber stickers

Installed rear cargo net

Just ordered new parking brake shoes and hardware, crank position sensor and knock sensor. Going to finish the job once parts arrive and put the front Outback struts in then as well.

Rear Outback struts (Silver POR-15 coated and painted over black)

Rear brake rotors

Rear brake pads

Rear brake calipers

Scraped off previous owner's crappy bumber stickers

Installed rear cargo net

Just ordered new parking brake shoes and hardware, crank position sensor and knock sensor. Going to finish the job once parts arrive and put the front Outback struts in then as well.

To add this Jboy's post, Pictures to go along with it.

Alliance013.jpg

Alliance015.jpg

Alliance019.jpg

Alliance026.jpg

Alliance027.jpg

Alliance028.jpg

Alliance029.jpg

Alliance030.jpg

Alliance032.jpg

Alliance036.jpg

nope. its not the smoothest ever, like not a waxed feel but its not really textured. it's just enough texture that water beads up on it. I have had good luck with this exact paint in the past but I painted it inside a garage. I painted this in 0-10mph winds. took about 4 hours with tape off and prep sanding. Cost : about 44.95. including tax, tape and can-gun. if you don't use a can gun, your finger will get a blister lol.

I think I may sand down, and roll on thinned rustoleum satin black to see if it gets rid of the streaks on roof and hood...