Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Also swapped my 1000 cold cranking amp battery from the taurus into the soob. Just curious if this is a bad thing. To have a way powerfull battery in a car that might not need one that large. IT has 850 cranking amps when the old battery had half of that.

Nope. Should be just fine.

Glass-pack on the Outback today. It sounds alright, I just wanted to hear the engine instead of having to glance at the tac ever so often.

Yep, I'll agree with that. These EJs are uber quiet with a good muffler, needless to say that had to come off of mine cause it was too quiet. :-p

Also swapped my 1000 cold cranking amp battery from the taurus into the soob. Just curious if this is a bad thing. To have a way powerfull battery in a car that might not need one that large. IT has 850 cranking amps when the old battery had half of that.

Only if the battery is weak or ever needs more than a top off. But that's not a real big one, so I think you're ok.

Today I checked my oil and priced out 5 general grabbers for the GL.

Only if the battery is weak or ever needs more than a top off. But that's not a real big one, so I think you're ok.

Today I checked my oil and priced out 5 general grabbers for the GL.

i priced out grabbers a few months ago. the price at discounttiredirect.com was higher than tirerack.com, but i called them up and asked about them about beating their price. not only did he beat it, but for the same price i got 4 replacement certificates with the purchase (Kickin myself i didnt get a 5th wheel.. hope i dont need a spare! LOL!)

at the time it was like $445 shipped from tirerack, got them from discount with the certificates for like $435. of course, i have a HF tire mounter so mounting wasnt a problem my guy on the corner can balance the tires for $5/ea.

Awesome. Are there downsides?

I have never had any issues with this, some worry rocks or sticks might get in there and snap a belt, but I have never had that issue, nor has anyone else who swears by Coverless.

You could just remove the front covers and leave the rear, it will kinda protect the belt a little more with still allowing easy and quick access to the.

On some cars its not a good idea, but the EA82s love it. I believe with EJ25s you want the covers because if you wreck the belt... youre probably going to be replacing the engine soon..

I have Ned coverless, well Rick did, but I dont need covers.

Today, I boosted Neds pride... I went through parking structures setting off car alarm... not on purpose... at first. I was trying to be good..

Sister had her baby tonight at 1006pm (Valentines Baby) :banana:

Sadly, Im flustered... I had to maneuver around a car accident and right as I was going by, the lady opened her car door and I had to swerve a little, and just barely scraped my wheel... It would be the one I already sanded and painted, so now I gotta redo it... I was so mad...

Just curious if this is a bad thing. To have a way powerfull battery in a car that might not need one that large.

you can put an overrated battery in there, because the starter will only draw what it needs. You can't "overcurrent" a starter. the one in my car now has 750 cca :headbang: It will run my system with subs for hours and still start.

you can put an overrated battery in there, because the starter will only draw what it needs. You can't "overcurrent" a starter. the one in my car now has 750 cca :headbang: It will run my system with subs for hours and still start.

But my thought on it is, getting a battery that is huge compared to whats in it, would put a strain on the Charging system. Its only a 60amp alt.

After I did the lift on my girls loyale. We broke a axle in the rear when the tire came off the ground. Did it twice so now I have lowered the rear diff 1.5". By the way I did a 2" lift in front and a 3" lift in rear. I made new holes for mustash bar and a couple plates for the front part of the rear diff. I probably could just run the new holes in mustash bar. It made the driveline straight again but I wasnt sure about the diff not being level.

Heres some pics.

5452676786_38b2ee00b9_m.jpg

5452673192_c102e3061f_m.jpg

5452058389_b3d137a8bf_m.jpg

5452054889_150dd9963b_m.jpg

What have I done to my Subaru lately?

Well... yesterday I bought it (81 GL wagon)

Today... I towed it to the shop in a snowstorm

Tomorrow I hope to find a distributor and finally drive it!

Gonna take me a while to catch up to y'all.

YEEEHAAA!

Welcome! And get stuck in!

Stuff done over the last few weeks:

Cleaned and fitted mag wheels

sourced spare mag and relocated spare to the trunk

Replaced drivers door hinge

Replaced right front light cluster and trim

Replaced left front ball joint.

Replaced right DOJ boot

Reconditioned and fitted steering rack

Ripped out all the interior carpets

Ripped out all the speakers and fitted new door trims

Raised the steering wheel column

and a load of other stuff I can't remember.

All in all she has had a seriously good birthday!

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg