Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I drove my Subaru, and spotted this one!

0125112032.jpg

Awesome!

That's the "Second Gen Leone" Official Ski Team Car, you can see the Ad on the Post Nº 710 of this Thread... (where also you can find the Ad for the First Gen Leone Ski Team Car, and the Third Gen Leone, -a.k.a: Loyale- Ski Team Car.)

I Guess who owns it Now...

Awesome!

That's the "Second Gen Leone" Official Ski Team Car, you can see the Ad on the Post Nº 710 of this Thread... (where also you can find the Ad for the First Gen Leone Ski Team Car, and the Third Gen Leone, -a.k.a: Loyale- Ski Team Car.)

I Guess who owns it Now...

Cool! I miss the one I had... I talked with a guy high up in the US Ski Team association, and there were hundreds of the ski team cars that providd to them. most of the time the decals were removed before they were sold off, but not all of them....

Its stock. May leave this color and just repaint it to match (has some spots that need some work and paint seems to be fading on hood)

Peugeot 15 inch wheels on 195/60/15 just put on today :) - need to get them actually painted, but having the tread on these tires is REALLY good since the other ones (for sale forum) had very bad tread on front right tire.

On my drive home the other day, I found the temp gauge wandering around on my blue 87 wagon.

Found the fans were not doing their job. Rewired the fans and put them on their own circuit - happy fans now!

Having CEL issues on the same car - CEL on while sitting at the stop light, touch throttle and CEL goes off. Check for codes after drive - nothing. Car sometimes bogs badly at part throttle with no CEL and no codes. Stupid heat cooked 20 year old EFI....:banghead:

I pulled my engine out tonight and put it on a stand. All went pretty smooth. Now I need to tear into the ea82t and see what is causing it to not turn over. I'm concerned because of the 5 years it sat and prob rusted up the rings. So if anyone has an ea82t longblock in the southern Oregon area give me a holler! I'll prob be needing one.

Crank or cam broke in the brat today. the part were the distributor connects. completely broke off. stuck a screw driver down there and it moves around.

Im looking for a new engine so the brat will never die!

I guess after I do the engine swap Ill put the broken engine up for sale/trade if anybody wants to fix it. its out of my skill level to fix it.

SJ

Removed stock turbo exhaust (Stock midpipe and axle back) from the blue green 94SS

removed fart can 3" exhaust (midpipe and axle back are one welded unit) from the maroon 94SS

Swapped them from one car to the other, and reinstalled. Both on frozen ice/frozen concrete driveway.

Its nice working on rust free cars. No broken bolts, nothing comes apart hard.

After all is said and done, wonder if i should have had the blue green inspected before I made it the loud one. :banghead:

Hope salvage rebuilt inspection does not care about exhaust stuffs:banghead:

Same day also removed 2 doors and tilt from a 78 Firechicken had to add that in, it was a long cold day.

Started the day with a drive in the BAJA to go get some groceries. Tested out the newly installed tweeter kit.

Started the BRAT first time in about 1month and 3 weeks. It was happy to get some gas flowing thru the weber.

Edited by bheinen74

Today I Did a Complete Engine Tune-up on a Friend's Loyale EA82... Not my Subie but Still is "Subiework"... :-p ...

Also I Found More Subaru Prototypes and Special Models' Pictures on my Research, and Posted Pics on This Thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53434&page=96

Like the "Subaru Tortoise" (Turtle) ... :cool: ...

10018io1.jpg?t=1296458965