Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Today I am continuing my, one wheel at a time project... Just mounted the wheel back on Ned, I didnt think the difference was soo..... hmm intense.. lol. Itll be even more intense when I get access to a wire wheel and can grind down the lugs and paint them :) Im thinking white (to stand out on the black) or possibly red (again, to stand out on the black)

Before/After:

beforeandafter.jpg

Ned with wheel mounted:

After.jpg

Word those are pretty sick! what kinda clear coat did you use?

-Nomad

Edited by Nomad_Brad
forgot to sign my name.

Im not laughing at you, I promise that, I just think its funny that coolant is kinda a yellowish green color and you referred to the car as "pissing" all over the place.

Glad its up and running though, definitely wont be as fast as the 2.5 is, but hey, its more reliable :banana: congrats!

The 2.5 wasn't very fast when I had it :D

Well... That be the case...

I had fun the other day, my insider at Carr Subaru (brother) got a 2004 Forester XT with the STI package, and brought it back to the house to show me...

Ugh, that beast is... wow.

Bratman on here has an 04 FXT. Tons of mods, puts down well over 300hp.

FAST!

Next time you're at the gas station, look at the price of expensive gas... Take 10mpg off your gas mileage... Do the math.... And you won't want a turbo anymore

I respectfully disagree, Turbo's are surprisingly efficient in stock form, I have gotten up to 29mpg with my (stock) WRX which is far better then the other cars that I have owned, the only downfall is that you have to buy higher octane fuel. Anyway, 92_rugby_subie those wheels look sick! Keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

Well, I wouldnt use it as a daily driver... I cant afford that gas.

I can stomp ricers in my 1.8L carbed EA82. Its got a weber, but its taken Eclipses and ALMOST a lancer.

It beats my friends EA82T... But thats cuz hes got monster tires on it. :headbang:

Would it beat my slow 2.2 swap :grin:

I respectfully disagree, Turbo's are surprisingly efficient in stock form, I have gotten up to 29mpg with my (stock) WRX which is far better then the other cars that I have owned, the only downfall is that you have to buy higher octane fuel. Anyway, 92_rugby_subie those wheels look sick! Keep up the good work!

I've seen many of older people 50+ putting in 87 in the turbo subies

(not that I would do that....)

I know a friend who is a subaru tech says they have seen a lot with valve issues I think he said melting or something like that.

it can be with high combustion pressures(fault of the turbo). Pressure equals heat and heat equals ur fuel ingniting before your spark plug gets the chance. which i might add is veryyyy bad. Google pstion detonation. pretty gnarly stuff. Correct me if im wrong on anything plz :D