Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Uh oh, yea, hes hard on it lol

I run mid in my car, but then again its generally hot down here and that makes her wanna det when I drive hard so I use midgrade im my ea82. I have beat a civic in my gl, but not much else. I outran a NPR box truck :clap: lol. My gl is slow as dirt with the tires i have now which are 26" diameter overall.

oh and yes, he will blow it up driving like he stole it on 87

Edited by Ricearu

Well darn. I used to shift my Subarus at like 2300 rpms except for 5th I just ran as fast as I needed to, but then Rick taught me to drive like I stole it since they love to high rev... I dont wanna blow up Ned haaha

If it's an ej25.... Be nice to it. The rods will like you better.

If it isn't... rev it up!! I usually shift around 2.5 to 3k in the GL. But shifting it at 5k isn't going to hurt a thing. Hell, hold it there for hours and you probably won't hurt it.

Well darn. I used to shift my Subarus at like 2300 rpms except for 5th I just ran as fast as I needed to, but then Rick taught me to drive like I stole it since they love to high rev... I dont wanna blow up Ned haaha

I have drove my car like I stole it since i got it 3 years ago. its the only way to keep with traffic. You should be fine, I just like the results of mid grade in my car. In the winter month of texas, (yes I said month lol) I use "regular" because the weather makes it happier. Your friend with the EA82T just may destroy a piston running "regular" grade gasoline (while flogging). Once you get to a certain point, the computer can no longer "richen" out the detonation.

I keep jamming my fingers as I go to close the door, haha

-Nomad

I know, its kinda a habit. I like how these feel while closing the door though, More natural movement.

One happy Subaru owner!

0211112025.jpg

0211112036a.jpg

0211112037.jpg

Funny it all started in 2006, like this!

24019750001_large.jpg

24019750007_large.jpg

24019750004_large.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

Yesterday, Ned went into the Mud against a Nissan Pathfinder. Came out even, did everything the Pathfinder did and didnt break anything. Drove the GL-10 turbo around in there too (took it lightly because, well its an EA82T) and then drove Ned home, and he felt alot more... squirrly so I took him to Les Schwab thinking, well I broke him :( but nope, 3 mechanics there took 1 hour and went through everything and say hes just fine... Clean bill of... health?

NedMud.jpg

Went after the slow oil leak in the Brat. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, pulled the oil pump off and replaced the gasket, however it is still leaking. So I will need either a new one or rebuild this one so I stop leaving a puddle where ever I park it. Luckily a rebuild kit is under $4 from Rockauto. However the screws holding the two parts of the pump together are notoriously hard to get out without stripping the heads.... Decisions decisions...

Went after the slow oil leak in the Brat. Replaced the valve cover gaskets, pulled the oil pump off and replaced the gasket, however it is still leaking. So I will need either a new one or rebuild this one so I stop leaving a puddle where ever I park it. Luckily a rebuild kit is under $4 from Rockauto. However the screws holding the two parts of the pump together are notoriously hard to get out without stripping the heads.... Decisions decisions...

Use one of these. Honda rotor screws are notorious for the same thing and these haven't failed me yet. I paid $25 for mine at sears but they have them at harbor freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

Sent 4 pug aluminum 14inch wheels to Grand Junction, CO today. Good luck with your lift and the wheels jessie.

Also swapped my 1000 cold cranking amp battery from the taurus into the soob. Just curious if this is a bad thing. To have a way powerfull battery in a car that might not need one that large. IT has 850 cranking amps when the old battery had half of that.

Edited by The Dude Abides