Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Made bumpers for my FWD GL today. They came out awesome :brow:

9-1.jpg

4-8.jpg

Those came out really nice! Nice job. You must have a tube bender and the right bits to cut the fish mouths (is that what they're called) for the top and bottom tub. Very jealous of your shop setup, or access to shop setup.

It isn't

I didn't think so. The stock one actually takes in air from in the fender, so it's colder than that will get. And that looks easier to hydrolock. And I don't think the panel filter is any sort of restriction to an EA... But so many people do those cone filter things with the shiny intake pipe so I thought there might be something to it I didn't get...

Those came out really nice! Nice job. You must have a tube bender and the right bits to cut the fish mouths (is that what they're called) for the top and bottom tub. Very jealous of your shop setup, or access to shop setup.

Thanks! I wish I had a tubing notcher, I used a grinder, and had to weld some pretty awful gaps :drunk: We do however have a tubing bender. It's ancient, but it works awesome. It's a crush bender so not the best for high flow applications, but worked out awesome for this. And I love our shop I'm there all weekend every weekend ( I'm at school during the weeks so I have the need to work on my cars during the weekends)

Discovered a bunch of issues in the front passenger side of the car. Whoever did the axle swap really buggered up the reinstall.

Axle nut was loose

Swaybar end bushing was gone

Lower ball joint was totally thrashed

Brake line was twisted

Tie rod was hand tight at best.

So I tightened everything up, replaced the lower BJ, fabbed a new swaybar bushing, untwisted the brake line, and drove it another 100 or so miles today .:drunk:

able to breathe in more air, i need to prevent the engine heat from being sucked in.

being cotton can breather better, and its not trying breathe threw a tiny hole & paper filter.

Cotton covered in oil which at a minimum messes with the MAF while at the same time letting in more dirt. The OEM filter is capable of moving over 400 CFM of air - far more air than any EA, ER, or non-turbo EJ will ever need. Personally, if I was to put a cone filter on, I would get one of the non-oiled filters with the pre-filter. That way it does not mess with the MAF while adding extra available air for the cam and exhaust upgrades.:D

I'm currently working on removing the pig rich points on the PandaWagon, I get them at full throttle in the upper power band and I think it has to do with the cobbled together intake I have on it. My mileage also drops by an average of 5 MPG when I go from 75MPH to 80MPH, but that's when I noticed the AFR guage sitting just in the rich area. If I punch it at that RPM (~4K) I leave in a cloud of soot. Would be fine if it was a diesel or turbocharged, but this is a N/A gas, not a good sign.:eek: All because the intake does not match the engine and ECU tune.

The cone filter I currently am using (the next size up from the one you have), is full in about 7000 miles, I last cleaned it right after I returned from WCSS and the muddy water that flowed out of it was insane! Then I had to clean the MAF and the entire intake tubing from all the dust the filter missed. Wasn't too impressed with that filter, I will be going back to a paper panel filter as soon as I figure out my air box puzzle.

Edited by subynut
spelling

New Timing kit

New alternator and power steering belt

New AC belt

New trailer hitch

New trailer hitch wiring harness (works great)

Running out of things that need attention.:drunk:

Its call "WAX" that could really use some attention, and clear up those headlights for pete sake!

Picked up a 94 Legacy GT wagon. Drove it home.

Drained ATF, refilled

Full oil and filter change

Fixed the broken tab on the turn lens with a piece of ice cream bucket for the strap.

Taking down notes on various normal oddities, such as burned out dash lights in the 80mph upper, and the 1rpm section, and the D indicator in the center dash, also burned out are the cruise and defrost backlights at night.

Radio works, have yet to check the CD functionality, its a stock 94GT showing 46k on the odo......:brow:

Its dark blue metallic.

going to have a list of things to take care of, but at least the back wiper works, as does the rear gate release handle.

Was surprised to see the power window light was actually lit.

More info later.

Picked up a 94 Legacy GT wagon. Drove it home.

Drained ATF, refilled

Full oil and filter change

Fixed the broken tab on the turn lens with a piece of ice cream bucket for the strap.

Taking down notes on various normal oddities, such as burned out dash lights in the 80mph upper, and the 1rpm section, and the D indicator in the center dash, also burned out are the cruise and defrost backlights at night.

Radio works, have yet to check the CD functionality, its a stock 94GT showing 46k on the odo......:brow:

Its dark blue metallic.

going to have a list of things to take care of, but at least the back wiper works, as does the rear gate release handle.

Was surprised to see the power window light was actually lit.

More info later.

That sounds like a fun project!! Pics :D

You can scoff at waxing your car, but it does help to protect the paint. Especially in the winter with lots of road grit. The PO of my car said he waxed it at least once a month, even through the winter. And it really does show. 240k miles in maine, and the paint is still pretty damn good!

Just spent about 45 minutes pulling manual belts, a working clock, and all trim pieces out of 3 different cars at the junk yard, to convert the Loyale to manual belts since the autos are picky about when they want to work. Debating on the roof rack and rear spoiler since I don't really want to drill into my roof/hatch.

$30 for all of it.

Then I snagged a nice Clarion head unit and 6 1/2" speakers for another $50. If I'm going to be in this car for 70 minutes every day, I need a properly working stereo and not blown out speakers.

Fanagled a cup holder in... It's not perfect, but it's good enough.