Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Heart transplant was a success and the patient is resting comfortably. Here is the heart just after being brought to life...

BTW does anyone know if there is an oil pressure sender for the 85 turbo that isn't for a dummy light?

Edited by vagen

Should have a plug that takes a 10mm allen to remove right next to the dummy light one. screw your old one into that hole.

I left the "dummy" one in there to hookup to a bright rump roast red 10mm LED that I am installing in the dash to hit me right in the eyes, should I not be paying attention if I were to lose oil pressure.:lol::lol:

What happened to your other hatch lid?

Had to fix the Auto Door locks on the Legacy today, turns out the prong for the door locks which is part of the connector assy on the door wiring harness had broken off at some point (Probably when I swapped doors) so I had to splice the two wires together and now everything works and is happy! Also has to replace the 20amp fuse for the Power mirrors, guess the wires growned-out after it got ripped off during the crash.

The other hatch was suffering from two problems. Number one aftermarket spoilerosis this resulted in many holes. Second bloat the wiper assembly and counter weight are not made of air (they're heavy). This DL hatch is by far the lightest version it has no wiper or counterweight.

Edited by vagen

Just Changed the Engine Oil...

I Used to Run my EA82 Subie with 20W~50 but I Tried this time 15W~40 that I Had from my Wife's Kia...

and the Engine sounds Smoother! ... Quieter!

I Like it! :banana:

Lets see How it Performs...

Kind Regards.

Keep me posted amigo! I've been recommended 15w-40 but haven't tried it yet.

Finally got proper working brakes on Son's '88 GL10 Wagon yesterday. MC went bad, swapped in anotheer one I had here, but couldn't get any of the bleeders to break loose due to rust.

Been hitting them with a spray of Yield for the past few weeks, and finally got them all freed yesterday. Even got the adjusters to work on the rears by spraying them dowm also.

Kinda moot now, as this here Wagon is soon to be put out to pasture. To many electrical issues with it, and the underside of it is to the point of not safe anymore.

I don't get it, I go to Subiefest and 2 Subarus die within 12 hours of my departure:

02 Outback (Bonnie) made a loud "clunk" then stalled twice, mom says, when she was driving it.

87 Wagon (Barry) decided his clutch was done and would go no more.

I looked at Bonnie and I saw nothing visibly broke, test drove her and no funny sounds or vibratons. Will continue diagnosis...

Barry has been due for a clutch for quite some time and he finally decided he had enough. So, I pushed Operation PandaWagon back to the back burner and will takle Operation Barry Power Up while I have the engine out for the clutch replacement someware between sleep and work.:eek:

I don't get it, I go to Subiefest and 2 Subarus die within 12 hours of my departure:

02 Outback (Bonnie) made a loud "clunk" then stalled twice, mom says, when she was driving it.

87 Wagon (Barry) decided his clutch was done and would go no more.

I looked at Bonnie and I saw nothing visibly broke, test drove her and no funny sounds or vibratons. Will continue diagnosis...

Barry has been due for a clutch for quite some time and he finally decided he had enough. So, I pushed Operation PandaWagon back to the back burner and will takle Operation Barry Power Up while I have the engine out for the clutch replacement someware between sleep and work.:eek:

So right now Operation PandaWagon is relegated to Operation Sad PandaWagon?

Also, I made an oil separator/catch can out of a prego jar (prototype) and installed it between my driver's side pcv vent and the pcv valve. No oil caught yet, which probably means I've been driving like a nice boy....

So right now Operation PandaWagon is relegated to Operation Sad PandaWagon?

Also, I made an oil separator/catch can out of a prego jar (prototype) and installed it between my driver's side pcv vent and the pcv valve. No oil caught yet, which probably means I've been driving like a nice boy....

Yes, exactly! :(

Been driving Bonnie, but no funny clunks. Weird.... I guess she just does not like Mom.:eek: