Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Pulled the engine out of my 95 legecy and R&R'd all the oil seals, resealed the oil separator cover, new water pump and thermo, timing kit, oil pressure sender, inner pass side timing cover. Got the engine back in and it wouldn't run for SH(#. I'd start it up and it would run rough (missing) for a few seconds and then die. CEL was on and would start flashing if I tried to rev it up. Turns out that water had pooled around the spark plugs when I hosed off the top of the engine to clean off all the oil from the leaking Oil PS.....Ooops. Runs great now but I forgot to shift the timing tension plunger to the left before I pulled the pin. And I maybe should have replaced the driver side HLA's but the tick really isn't that bad.

Replaced a nasty vacuum line on my GMC Jimmy with leftover good lines pulled from the Brat during its Dgevification. Troubleshooting the non starting Jimmy led to a bad distro rotor. Works now, and got me to check the Brat distro, which needed some help as well. Both running better than before ^^

Heater/AC wont start after I installed my radio.. tapped into a keyed 12v but it shouldnt have knocked it out. No fan (any setting) or any heat/ac activity from the engine bay either. Time for more sleuthing :)

Bed is being sanded for some bed liner as a rust preventative. Old owner did the undercarraige so no worries there at least.

Working on a 2nd Brat or 1st Loyale, have a friend converted to get either but nothing cheap enough yet. His wife hates both, but he has her conviced on a Outback at least, so one way or another theres another Soob on the way ^^

Took the foz off roading in the snow :rolleyes: Some Jerkov in a 80's F-150 attempted to make a left turn from the right lane, right in front of me, I honked and chose the ditch vs. his p.o.s. STEEL truck that probably wasn't insured anyways. Lucky a nice guy in a jeep pulled me out. Refused to take cash, said he was out pulling people out for 3 days just for fun :headbang: I wish I could do that!

IMG_20110204_102746.jpg

IMG_20110204_102703.jpg

IMG_20110204_102735.jpg

Luckily the FOZ is ok.

heh I've pulled people out as well with my legacy but I think he was saying he wished he could pull people out for 3 days just for fun lol. Well I haven't done anything to my 90 legacy yet (besides clutch and timing kit) but I got hit by a drunk driver last night and now need to replace pretty much all the passenger side rear quarter + the bumper he ran off on foot and i think they ended up getting him but have to wait for a week for my insurance to get the police report, the good thing is I do have unisured/underinsured property and medical coverage so if it ends up being bad with him and no insurance I can do that though it's a $500 deductable. Other than that bad news I do plan on lifting it with some outback struts and springs and putting some 16" steelies on it from a forester or outback.

Edited by Goobysoobs

I cleaned up the pcv system on the 86 Brat, The T coming from the pcv valve to the left valve cover/air cleaner was completly cloged up with 25 years of nasty carbon. the hoses were almost completil clogged too. also changed the fuel filter before the fuel pump

Lemme rephrase that, I wish I could have stayed home from work and pulled people out for 3 days... lol! and I have NEW Cooper tires on it, but they are passenger all seasons. no use getting I pikes or blizzaks down here. unless the world freezes over. ;)

Also, the snow isn't what got me, Its hard to tell from the photos but my roof line was about level with the road, it was a decently steep embankment. This is texas btw, it snowed over mud, the snow stayed put but the ground underneath wouldn't freeze. It tried like hell though, but only slid sideways.

Makes me REALLY wish I had the cash to put A/T's on the GL, it's got a wench but the tires on it are :Flame: Toast

Edited by Ricearu

Love my snow tires. I'm addicted, I couldn't run another winter without them.

But then, I live in Maine... I drive on roads that are impassible without snow tires and 4wd/awd in some conditions. My driveway is one of them...

Got the engine in my GT ready to pull, everything disconnected (pretty much). Didn't have it in me tonight, so I'll get a fresh start at it tomorrow.

When I warm up a bit I'm going back out to get the timing belt on the ej22 swap engine.

I can't wait to have it running!

Today I am continuing my, one wheel at a time project... Just mounted the wheel back on Ned, I didnt think the difference was soo..... hmm intense.. lol. Itll be even more intense when I get access to a wire wheel and can grind down the lugs and paint them :) Im thinking white (to stand out on the black) or possibly red (again, to stand out on the black)

Before/After:

beforeandafter.jpg

Ned with wheel mounted:

After.jpg