Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

@Subynut Oh come on, you didn't want your car to sound like the BRAT ;):brow:

I don't blame you. I'm probably going deaf from the thing anyway.

Haven't done much aside from drive it, look at it, spray it with a hose and abuse it :-/

Twitch

The exhaust sounded awesome when I had just the magnaflow muffler, but the drone was awful! That's why I added a glass pack to cut down on the volume. Being the wagon is the daily driver, road trip car, and anything else I take it on, I wanted the exhaust to be a little more civil. [hijack] My F350, THAT makes a racket! But the V10 sounds so awesome with those true duals! [/hijack]

CIMG0330_zpsda0ee9bf.jpg

That :dead:

Did that to itself while driving. I was wondering what all that clatter was under the hood.

I'll have any carnage pictures in the morning, I'm so done right now I don't want to even look at it.

Twitch

Holy wow! Valve cover grew legs!

I had that happen once on my EA82. Valve cover nuts were loose to point of falling off. First thought was some jerk was messing with me - its happened before around here.:(

A sore reminder to re-torque all fasteners regularly & use Locktite. Especially before a long trip.

I had that happen once on my EA82. Valve cover nuts were loose to point of falling off. First thought was some jerk was messing with me - its happened before around here.:(

A sore reminder to re-torque all fasteners regularly & use Locktite. Especially before a long trip.

This is why i snug my valve covers every time I change my oil.

I truly don't understand how this has happened. I've never had Valve cover bolts loose torque once tightened (I even use Anti-sleeze on the bolts) Four vehicles - Zero problems with Valve covers.

I checked mine for shiz, (Still tight after 10,000) :-p

Well, this motor has at least 270,000 miles on it and its been rather abused (extended periods at 4k or above) and for some reason since the mudpit at WCSS, I've been losing bolts left and right :-/

And they all have been baffling. Lost a tranny detent bolt and now my valve cover bolts. I'm going to go through and tighten everything. Next thing I'll lose will be a headbolt :-/

Twitch

put the car on jack stands today for a drive shaft inspection as I lifted the rear a little, wanted to make sure all the clearances were met and nothing was binding. then I saw this transverse link bushing, a friend likely over torqued it after thinking he needed to remove it for a stuck axle nut situation.... its been a few months and the amount of grease coming out has increased alot. I'm worried its going to dry up after all the grease falls out. any comments or advice appreciated. I know this isn't really a summer problem but once weather gets into this isn't it eventually going to cease and or cause problems.

side note if anyone else needs one quick localy I think a junk yard is your best bet as these are nearly $100 and dealer only as far as I can find.

58741_10152165995890372_599312638_n.jpg

Edited by bluedotsnow

i was trying to get one through HTI but he never emailed me back so i just built this one

HTi and SJR are kinda in it together I guess. PM Scott In Bellingham on here. He makes the same bumpers, and I think he came up with the design first.

I have the SJR rear bumper. (Gonna make changes to it soon)

added a redneck facebook to my car, i think i want bigger antennea though (dont we all:D). also changed out the old decrepit front struts for some.....less decrepit ones. front end sits way lower now booo. stiffer tho, and the struts were "made in england" and are blue.....que?

When I installed the UEL headers, I had to remove the sandwich adapter because the filter was resting on the exhaust pipe. So, to get my oil temp and pressure gauges working again, I drilled and re-tapped the spare oil galley plug and installed the oil temp sensor in the rear galley hole. I then re-tapped the galley plug on the front galley port and added a T to the line and put the idiot light sensor and the pressure gauge feed there.

So far, I have noticed no difference in pressure, but the temps climb sooner than they did before. I expect the temp to be a little higher since the sensor was on the output of the oil filter and since it was hanging down in the cooler breeze, I imagine the oil temp was lower. Now that I am reading the rear galley port, it will be interesting to see what they do out on the highway when I go to Subiefest.

added a redneck facebook to my car, i think i want bigger antennea though (dont we all:D). also changed out the old decrepit front struts for some.....less decrepit ones. front end sits way lower now booo. stiffer tho, and the struts were "made in england" and are blue.....que?

What...?