Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK people, lets see those bumpers......

monstaru

heres my bumper before I added D ring shackles to the front of it with 3/4" blocks.

Bumper is a piece of L channel about 3/16 thick.It is held to the car with some C channel thick wall 2" c Channel.Bumper mounts go into the car 22" with 3 7/16 bolts on each side holding it on.

It held up until I got my car stuck in some cement like mud up to bumper.the recovery effort bent the bumper itself and bent a channel support.not to mention, it pulled the bumper a little less than 1/2 an inch further forward in the body(tore the sheetmetal a little)

DSCF0188.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looks good jeff

mudpit1.jpg

mudpit5.jpg

front i made, the rear i think monstaru made years back for a EA81 and i cut off the mounts, rewelded them then plated the frame and bolted it all the way through. been used more then a few times to yank hard on F150's that get stuck in ditches.

• 2 weeks later...

2 x 2 in square tubing. with the push bar following the lines of the head lights. Big bolts and washers that go all the way through the body via the stock mounting holes. D-rings tripple pass welded...I know, that you know, that I know, these suckers hold :grin: Skid plate bolted to the bumper then bolts to the tranny cross member.

Rear same but used angle iron to make a bracket to tie into the stock hole locations. And then made a bracket that has a plate welded to the bottom of it (flat bar side by side then a plate on the top) which ties into the tie down holes.

Front:

P7190027.jpg

P7190029.jpg

Rear:

P7190030.jpg

P7190031.jpg

P7190032.jpg

P7190033.jpg