Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello!! I`m current Subaru owner(junkie) and a former Tech.

Hey everyone. I live in Central PA. I just decided to join your community. I`ve been here for about a month or so and decided to join and maybe participate a little. I have a 89 Gl 4wd 5-speed D/R wagon with a bad engine and a 92 loyale sedan, 5-speed 4wd ,push button(push button sucks, I know!!!!).

Welcome to the forum 91Pylons. I see from your profile you a reformed, oops-just kidding, a former Subaru tech. Get ready for a lot of questions. Formally trained factory techs are a big help. There are a good number very sharp and helpful amatures here also, as you may have noticed. Hope you enjoy the site.

Hi,

Welcome to the board. Let's see if I can get things rollin' with a challenge, since you used to be a tech.

I have an 86 D\R 5-speed, Weberized (EA-82), 3" lift Ozified wagon. Without nitrous, blower, or twin intercooled turbos, how can I squeeze about 200 streetable HP from the 1800 cc engine? Also, I'd like to do it for under $1500. Any suggestions?

:lol:

Just kidding!

Welcome to the board!

HbL

Welcome to the board. Is Condrin still a franchised dealer? I used to go by there alot back in the day. I was a local to your area at one time.... I lived in Everett (bedford county)

Once again welcome and get ready for the questions......

Matt

• 1 year later...
Hey everyone. I live in Central PA. I just decided to join your community. I`ve been here for about a month or so and decided to join and maybe participate a little. I have a 89 Gl 4wd 5-speed D/R wagon with a bad engine and a 92 loyale sedan, 5-speed 4wd ,push button(push button sucks, I know!!!!).
hello,are you looking for a 1.8 L engine or maybe a short block

just replaced blown motor in 88 justy 4wd gl,mechanic apparently has vaccum & fuel lines to carb all @##@$ up, fuel pump wont come on with ignition key, thought pump was bad, put 12v directly to pump & it works but gas pours out of carb at every orfice.any idea where i can find a good overhead view of 1.2 l engine with air cleaner removed to figure whats hooked up wrong? seems like there's 3 fuel lines coming into carb & i didnt see it get dissassembled. Has using an engine from an auto trans to replace 5-speed motor complicated things even more ? Any source for vaccum diagrams? I hhave 2 different Chilton manuals that are no help..

You newer folks need to pay attention to the dates on the posts that you find when searching. This has been happening alot in the last month as new members join. Its great you are learning to use the Search function, but I think anything over 6 months is :horse: