Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru #11

Yup... add another notch to the headpost, here's the 11th Subaru for me :)

100_0011.sized.jpg

not the SVX, the RX :) This is actually RallyRuss's old RX. I bought it from his cousin today. Its a great little car, runs like a top and is 99.9% straight. Just a few minor dings, no rust or real scratch's. It will be replacing my Legacy as my daily driver and so far no real mods planned out. I will be replacing the rims asap, and I have a lead on a small I/C for it as well.

Im impressed with the handling, but it seems to be slow. That comming from my EJ22T though, so its what I expected. The speedo is alittle off, and the diff light keeps flickering, but other than that everything is operational.

You can also hear the turbo alot more than on my legacy, but that might be cause the exhaust isn't near as loud.

You can view more pix here: http://www.thawa.net/gallery/brians-rx

:)

-Brian

Russ ripped out the A/C. I know i'll be regretting that when summer comes back. The inside is real good too, just 2 tears on the drivers seat. There's no stereo, so right now im in the process of installing the Kenwood from my legacy. But i find myself fabricating a dash plate, and so far its still not deep enough to fit the standard DIN stereo :(

Ed... those rims would look great on my car, but i cant afford them. I have a set of 15" pug alloys lined up that will be going on the car, but that probably wont be for a few weeks after i get a paycheck or two.

-Brian

The SS is beat up, and looks like crap. Nobody can argue the RX is one of the sexiest subaru's made. I also have a few friends interested in the SS parts. The EJ22T will be going to a friend who will be converting his 91 L Sedan to EJ22T. And the 5spd will be going to a turbo wagon owner I know of.

This RX hardly needs any work at all. The SS on the otherhand needs new steering, suspension. Not to mention all the window seals on the SS leak as well making for a very noisy ride.

The RX will also help keep me out of trouble... since it doesnt go nearly as fast :)

-Brian

:(:banghead:

damit I miss that little ride. well good luck with it brian. treat it well or I will come repo it.;)

naw its yours now so beat it up all you want. it likes the abuse.

yeah the car could really use a good intercooler set up. I had plans for a FMIC. but I cant go crazy on too many cars at once. my fleet has other non subes as well that need attention too.

I will argue about it being the sexiest Soob. If I park my 89 XT6 next to my 89 RX, you can see what I mean. And white just isnt sexy. Now black.....thats naughty :brow:

Nice car Brian.

Mmmmm naughty Subaru, naughty:D I have to agree with you Rob, it is very naughty looking even though my g/f thinks its CUTE!

There's no stereo, so right now im in the process of installing the Kenwood from my legacy. But i find myself fabricating a dash plate, and so far its still not deep enough to fit the standard DIN stereo :(

-Brian

If it's anything like my old 87 gl-10, there are afew metal brackets in the back that get in the way. I ended up using a hack saw and cutting them enough to bend them out of the way. They are only the mounting brackets for the original stereo...

But then again, I could be totally wrong as I've never actually seen the inside of an RX...

Anyway, Good luck with the install and the new car. I've got three, but Give it time, and I'll soon catch you..:D

Nice ride. Too bad you're not gonna shove that ej22t into it. . . :brow:

Says who?? It was something i was thinking of doing. Searched the BYB board all last night for people who have done EJ20 swaps, but couldnt find anyone. Even tho i know there's a handful of people over there swapping EJ's into their RX's.

I got the stereo in, wired it all just to find there were no speakers in the doors. Luckily i had some 5.5" 150watt 3 way speakers from my Wagon. They fit perfectly in the doors. I have a pair of 3way 8x6 that I need to put somewhere as well, and i think i'll find a small sub box for the rear as well.

-Brian

I got the stereo in, wired it all just to find there were no speakers in the doors. Luckily i had some 5.5" 150watt 3 way speakers from my Wagon. They fit perfectly in the doors. I have a pair of 3way 8x6 that I need to put somewhere as well, and i think i'll find a small sub box for the rear as well.

-Brian

RICER!!!!!1111!!!!!!!! I kid I kid looks good wish mine was that nice