Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sure glad I had an old 4WD Subaru today!

This mournings commute was just sick. Woke up to it raining and below 20 degrees.... felt like a typical winter mourning in Iowa rather than Minneosta (and I can say that cuz I'm from Iowa! :lol: ) Get outside and my KIA Rio looks like a glazed pastery. So I leave the door open and navigate it back 10 feet to to let the Subaru out!

Busted the old poopenwagen into 4Hi and took off. Not even a slip or slid taking off on solid glare ice. Behold the power of cheese... I mean 4WD :-p Took 2 hours to make my 25 minute communte. Only got into 3rd gear twice the whole way. There was only one close call coming down a hill. Good thing I had plenty of space cuz I was sliiiiiiding while jokeying the brakes and clutch to actualy try and STOP.

Can't wait for lunch break :brow:

...now if we'd just get some damn snow....

Wow and I was bitchin about +20 in SLC :rolleyes:

Over the years my wife has always felt safest in our old Subie on bad weather days.

The vehicles somehow inspire confidence and security in those who drive them :headbang:

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I'c class both as Snowmobiles

We just got dumped on 24+ inches snow and lots of ice to top it all off and my soob eats it up like dessert. I get wheels spinning:grin: thru the corners at eveery occasion. Funny thing I prefer my 87 turbo wagon over my buddys 2001 RS. My wagon steps out and tucks itself back in much more polite then the RS. I think it has to do with one being 2wd/4wd and the other being "all wheel drive". It just seems more "user-friendly".

yea, the ice in mpls even made the news up in duluth. i think they said there were like 800 accidents or something [most minor].

is that possible? 800 accidents in the metro area? maybe i heard it wrong...

anyway, would rather have snow than ice, thats for sure.

800 accidents is what happen here in Los Angeles whenever it RAINS. People just don't seem to get the fact that when the road is wet there is less traction.

Good luck weathering the cold and keep warm.

Oh... here is a some I wrote a while ago concerning Soobs

Sung the tune "let is snow"

The weather outside is frightful

But my Subaru's delightful

And since all 4 wheels do go,

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

It doesn't show signs of stopping

and my cylinders are hopping.

The lights on the snow do glow..

Let it snow let is snow, let it snow

When others car come in sight

Stuck, with their egos all torn...

We'll shake our heads at their plight

then drive by and lean on the horn...

Inside my tires are drying

And I start to go french frying

and if my head gaskets don't blow.....

Let it snow,

Let it snow

Let it snow, let it snow let it snow.......

Great song, s'ko! I like it!:clap:

Boy, do I miss those drives to and from school in Idaho. I may have only driven in 2-3 storms, but it was a blast! Here in AZ, the only snow I see in on the mountains and they got the roads closed cause the big SUV idiots keep sliding off the mountain! :banghead:

hehe.... I got part of a song started....

To the Jingle bells tune:

Jingle Bells,

Honda smells,

Volvo lost the race!

Scouts stole all the snow

and now the Fords are sayin HEY!

Sloshin through the snow,

in a 4 by Soob today,

o're the hills we go,

sloshing all the way!

Driftin left an' right,

Freakin' SUVs all night,

What fun it is to slide an' sing this Suby song tonight! OH!

Ok, I'm done now.

[quote= :brow:

...now if we'd just get some damn snow....Hey, IT'S OVER HERE!! Lets see last Monday we got 10" off Lake Erie, about 4" melted, Sunday we got 12" so that leaves about 18" and just heard the report for t'mro, how about another 8-10" temps in the low 20's, nothings melting now. This is GREAT took the BAJA out to lead the plows Sunday afternoon (didn't want to get the BRAT or the 2.5RS dirty) JUST KIDDING HHAAHHAAHHAA. or is that HO! HO! HO! Gary in Cleveland, Ohio

Yup. It's fun to be out mixing it up w/ plow trucks and jeeps in my Sube!

:grin: Ihave to apologize to everybody, When I left for work this morn it was 17 and cloudy. I just got back from lunch and it's 35 and sunny. WHAT IS GOING ON! Wait, someone said that before. Anyway, a little sun sure does a number on our snow around here. I think we're down to about 4-5". Still can't wait for t'o'm'ro!!!! Gary