Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Updated Their JDM Website

http://www.subaru.co.jp/index.html

Looks like Subaru has updated their site to include the MY06 Impreza. Tons of pictures and information on the site. I'll throw out some of the most interesting stuff.

It looks like they are changing the DCCD quite a bit. It looks like they are going to be using a torsen mechanical center differential instead of the current model's electromechanical LSD. Torque split has been evened to roughly 41F/49R from the current 35F/65R. There is also a new sensor that measures the inputs from the steering wheel. The JDM EJ20 is now making 310 ft-lbs of torque.

Short Movie

http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/spe...special_1m.html

w1_01.jpg

s1_s.jpg

w1_01.jpg

top.jpg

Engine Specs

Factory Dyno

(Remember this is from the EJ20)

New Kenwood HU with slightly updated JDM seats.

photo01.jpg

Undercarriage (doubt we'll see this type of armor though)

top.jpg

Rear wing with aerodynamics illustration

p4.jpg

top.jpg

New V-Limited Lip with aftermarket rims

sti050ex6.jpg

Guest shadow

I'd say this is pretty new gen related, I also left a redirect in OT. Come on this has been there for awhile and NO COMMENTS?????? I would think this would spark all kinds of discussion, I dunno. :P

I guess maybe it looks good :)

Guest shadow

I added a link to this thread and a picture on the home page, I'd say it's deserving. So what does everyone think, initial impressions?

id rock that out, i do like the mini spoiler that redirects the air flow, that looks kinda sweet. ive heard that the under carrage plastic bits might actually make it over hear when they bring it to us, its not actually armor, but its there for aerodynamics.

i think im liking it more every time i see new pics of it.

I agree with Andyjo, that center grill is not appealing to me. I like the grills on the '05 wrx a lot more. This whole new grill setup (B9 Tribeca [extremly ugly IMO], '06 wrx, etc.) does not look good at all on these cars. I do like the new aerodynamic ideas and the torque split seems more logical than that of the '05. Just my $0.02

Wow, I just looked at a bunch of pictures with the new grille and I didn't notice the grille until someone pointed it out. The grille looks fine. I like how the hoodscoop looks like it sorta lines up with the center grille portion, rather than just sticking up five inches out of the middle of a flat hood like the old ones seemed to.

I really like all that underbody plastic. They should make that as an extra-cost accessory for the Impreza and Legacy.

I do not at all like the latest fad in station wagon C pillars. It's trying to imitate a sedan. Also, that little bump on the tailgate that imitates a trunk is a pet peeve of mine. I want a wagon that makes no apologies about the fact that it's a wagon.

The rear wiper on the sedan is also pretty cool. I don't know if it's cost-effective, but hey, since when is an STi supposed to be cost-effective?

All in all, it's not too bad. It's definately cooler than a Mustang. I hope it works out for them.

If I can remember correctly the

J-spec 2004/2005 Impreza STI only had 261 HP and 252 lb/tq out of the 2.0 twin scroll

USA spec 2004/2005 STI had 300 HP / 300 lb/tq

The new 2006 J-Spec has 276 HP and 311 lb/tq

a jump of 5.7% HP and 23.4% lb/tq

I figure that we again will be getting the 2.5 instead of the 2.0 and if we get these increases in power we might be looking at

2006 USA spec STI 317 hp and 370 lb/tq

I personally think it might be closer to 325 HP give or take 5 hp and 350 lb/tq give or take 10 lb/tq.

MY GUESS 325 HP 350 LB/TQ 0-60 4.2 sec 1/4 12.9 sec flat

All this with a more aerodynamic body and the new DCCD, better handleing. I just hope we get the twin scroll turbo also.

The styling isnt that bad, I like the new lights they look like my 05 LGT's

ALL IN ALL This will be a very fast V8 KILLER leaving retarded mustang owners quivering in their elementry school dream cars. HEHE:grin:

and the normal impreza, (not WRX) looks just like that dam Saab/WRX crossover

the saab isn't a wrx crossover... it's a wrx with the luxuries of a saab... as far as i know, it was designed almost entirely by subaru and then saab added their options and badges.

the saab isn't a wrx crossover... it's a wrx with the luxuries of a saab... as far as i know, it was designed almost entirely by subaru and then saab added their options and badges.

Thats exactly what happened, except that subaru designed the WHOLE car and saab just tacked on a new front bumper and leather seats.

did anyone notice that it said 2WD-5MT??? and 1.5L?????

Ew! I thought when Sube went AWD in the US they went AWD everywhere. Oh well, at least they have the option to upgrade.

I love the new Impreza look, I think the new grill was done WAY better on this car than the Tribeca (sp?). They BETTER do it as well or better on the Legacy when they change in a few years or I'll be pissed.

andy

I agree with Andyjo, that center grill is not appealing to me. I like the grills on the '05 wrx a lot more. This whole new grill setup (B9 Tribeca [extremly ugly IMO], '06 wrx, etc.) does not look good at all on these cars. I do like the new aerodynamic ideas and the torque split seems more logical than that of the '05. Just my $0.02

I am a fan of the WRX and STi look for the center grill, but I don't think that the new center grill is all that bad. It reminds me of the front nose cone that BMW Williams used at the beginning of the F1 season in 2004. Just my opinion.

http://www.amobile.ru/f1/2004/presentations/img/williams1.jpg