Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How long have you owned your EA81 / EA82?

my parents bought my 1985 new before I was born - they were living in florida, and my mom did not have a car with A/C while she was pregnant with me - they had a friend who had a subaru and that's what got them interested in it - she went to the 5-speed D/R 4WD from a 1972 Datsun 510 station wagon with a four-on-the-floor

the day they bought it, the dealership had a promotion where anyone who bought a new car that day got two free roundtrip tickets to London, so in a way, that car has taken them across the big pond :)

I still have all the paperwork, dealer sticker & all at home in a file

86 GL, Bought brand new by my mom. According to my dad, she's such a good haggler that as they pulled away from the dealership you could see the salesman and manager just standing there shaking their heads looking defeated. From what I understand she got the Sube for almost the same as the dealership buys them, no joke.

Well, the White Loyale 1985 EA82 we got it since brand new, in May 1985, so far has been almost 21 years and it got over 225,000 Miles in it. (It came Running Highways and Bad Roads from California) We have Traveled Too many pretty and Bad Roads with It, To all central america countries, even Panama; so Our Family think about it as a "Brother" not only as a Car...

The Yellow Loyale is Another Story...

One week!
And you have clocked up 97 posts in 9 days? I thought I was addicted!

I've had my ute 13 months now. It has given my more then my fair share of problems, but it still goes with little effort in fixing it.. Its the best car I have ever owned (and its the only one!)

89 Brumby

http://www.OffroadingSubarus.com

I bought my first subaru wagon an 86' EA82 GL D/R 5spd. in late 94'. Its been totaled once and sold it once, each time i bought it back a year later so i've owned it a total of about 10 yrs. Now its lifted.

I bought an EA82 wagon an 89' DL 5spd. S/R owned for 8 mos. Sold it to my dad.

I just bought an EA81 wagon 84' 4spd. D/R for a daily drive and ocassional mudhole runner. 2 months and goeing.

20 years in the family on my 86 GL wagon. I was 3 years old when my mom bought the car. it was the first car I drove. When I was 8 years old, I would go rally the sooby down the driveway when it would rain. Got that thing covered in mud quite a few times before I got my license