Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do the Wave.....

mcbrat

wavy-side.jpg

bentdoor.jpg

a little off-roading today....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=838

slippery, steep side hills, trees, poor gearing don't mix well :)

final straw for my clutch

busted the oil sender unit off (need better skid plate yet)

numerous dents on both sides

both mirrors busted...

CV boot shredded....

Winch got a good workout.

bentdoor.jpg

That'll push right out. lol If you keep it up, it'll be as pretty as Ken's in no time. :brow:

*That would be me who got the call yesterday afternoon from a very excited Mick who had a pretty gnarly story to tell about his adventures. *

in narrow spots use the clutch and 4lo to get through not throttle!!!! try a toilet plunger and see if it will pull the dents out.

clutch started slipping before any of this happened, and it was in 4 low the whole time.... this was just trying to get back to the top. there was no trail. we were making it as we went....

normally I take the Brat on a trailer, but didn't this time.... so I was lucky to be able to drive it home....

I'm going to be fixing up a mechanical oil pressure gauge now too....

I made a little right angle fitting for my sender (Home Depot brass NPT fitting - couple dollars), and got a 24" braided steel line to remotely locate the sender on the firewall.... gained about 1.5" over the stock senders hang-down. Used a slightly modified coil bracket to mount it to the engine bay on the jack side with a bit of rubber for vibration... this also had the unseen benefit of not having the wire for the Autometer sender run over and down the side of the block. Remember to ground to sender housing if you are going electric....

GD

I made a little right angle fitting for my sender (Home Depot brass NPT fitting - couple dollars), and got a 24" braided steel line to remotely locate the sender on the firewall.... gained about 1.5" over the stock senders hang-down. Used a slightly modified coil bracket to mount it to the engine bay on the jack side with a bit of rubber for vibration... this also had the unseen benefit of not having the wire for the Autometer sender run over and down the side of the block. Remember to ground to sender housing if you are going electric....

GD

are you using a stock sender then, or aftermarket for the remote set-up?

are you using a stock sender then, or aftermarket for the remote set-up?

With the right adaptors you could use either one - I'm using an autometer sender that came with my guages. I don't trust the soob guages. Seen a couple of them get stuck.... I have an EA82 with an oil pressure guage that won't drop below 25... ever.

GD

it looks like the jeep is pulling the roo.

yes, I was 2 qts low on oil at that point since I snapped off my oil sender....so I didn't start it up again until back at the top when I got, of all things, a FORD part to get me home....

yes, I was 2 qts low on oil at that point since I snapped off my oil sender....so I didn't start it up again until back at the top when I got, of all things, a FORD part to get me home....
:eek:

i hope you got rid of it when you got home (the ford part)