Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What If.....

my 83 was doing 10000rpms the other day it handled it fine. not on purpose though. get this "this might actully help some one some time" but i was mudding, i was in about 3 to 4 feet of water and alsuden i let off my gas but its not stopping so it keeps up the rpms till i shut it down and kept doing it. anyways to keep it short we were messing around with stuff and i took out my super muddy filter a bam no more. so actully the vaccum created wouldnt stop cause it had no where to pull it from but its self. if it makes since. anyways lesson learn. :clap:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I've already been broke for the past couple years because I've dumped a tome of money into my RX (roughly $7500!). I'm not big into wheeling anymore since I'm into speed. With my RX, granted there's still a few things I still want to do to it but, I have done basically what I first planned with the car. Built EA82 turbo, WRX TD04, intercooler, cams, cold air intake, custom piping, 5-lug conversion, larger brakes, and so on and so forth. But... its still a Subaru...

Now if I were to dump any amount of money into a car, it would be my 1988 Camaro IROC-Z. Full police interceptor car but top of build sheet says "1 of 1". ONly one made with the police package and a t-top body. All police interceptor cars, even if they weren't used for patrol (civilian use), were hardtop. She'd be fully restored with a few minor engine mods but still relativily stock:brow:

thats freaking awesome. good score!

What if you had all the money you could ever want with one catch..u could only spend it on your current subaru.

Ok, rebuild the body with 316 stainless steel. (or maybe another alloy, if there is abetter one)

Rebuild all the steel suspension parts w/ stainless also.

Do something about the @#%$^@# timing belts - wider or replace w/chain. Or push rods. My EA81 NEVER broke down and stranded me on the road.

Or build a 6 cyl turbo Diesel boxer. Maybe make it about 150HP. And whatever changes to the transmission ratios to deal with the lower RPMs.

Also maybe electric would be fun - not a typical wimpy one - one like this:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.03/drag.html?pg=1&topic=&topic_set=

I'd have to have a carbon fiber copy of Hucks Frankenwedge....with turbos!! But i want the digital dashboard, full leather interior, a sound system from heaven and a pearl black paint job. Then i'll have a hoist, a million dollar tool box and a trained subaru engineer to fix any prolems for me. :grin:

EJ22t is the engine code for the closed deck turbo block. I won't be using the turbo, just a blower. Twin charged systems are neat, but not for me....

Twin turbos are neat...but not as efficient in a subie.. plus... a bigass turbo does a subie justice... i am really interested in superchargers in subies though.. not many do it! :headbang:

Now if I were to dump any amount of money into a car, it would be my 1988 Camaro IROC-Z. Full police interceptor car but top of build sheet says "1 of 1". ONly one made with the police package and a t-top body. All police interceptor cars, even if they weren't used for patrol (civilian use), were hardtop. She'd be fully restored with a few minor engine mods but still relativily stock:brow:

Sweet you got an IROC too? I got an 86 that ive pretty much restored but grown tired of. I need to unload it soon. 54,000 original miles and a brand new paint job..know anyone interested? Its a cool color combo..dark red with a red interior. Hardtop car kinda rare.

Complete heart & lung transplant from a Forester STI :banana:

Oh ya, got to get the Austrailian D/R tranny in there somewhere.

A mild lift the accomidate some beefy tires.

Pimp-my-ride gets to come visit Mad Max for a little facelift.

Summer gets a more powerful Subie motor and custom lower gears with the drive components to back it up!

I would make cylinder heads, hemispherical combustion chamber . Single overhead cams remain, with a rocker arm out to the nearly upside down exhaust valve... with the cam riding intake side directly.The spark plugs go to the center of the heads chambers.I would keep the mpfi intake (it is huge believe it or not.).I would have pistons to match the chamber design at 10:1 non-turbo, and 9:1 turbo. Then I would make a crankshaft squeezing out my own "stroker" version of an EA82 in its current block- even if only a few millimeters.. Allow the old dog to climb to 9000 rpms. I would put the 3.454 final gear in a 2wd, then make special mounts mimicking the stabilizing driveshaft of a 4wd - to hold it steady at the back of the tranny. For injection, the aftermarket hacks with ECU, etc. And Then....Keeping the 13 inch wheels due to the low geared top end of under 150mph, play around with 0-60 times on the 1.8 liter boxer (not rounded up to 1.8 liter- maybe even rounded down) that could. On three main bearings forever. :headbang:

you did mention all the money I never wanted... So I will further encapsulate the details...

The new 120 v6 by adept airmotive for airplanes would go into my other loyale. The last true flat-four three main bearing chassis, would get the first true balanced aviators 120 v6 . Just snip out the bellhousing a little bit, hook up a gm auto tranny the 320bhp and let her fly at low rpms around the tiny mistake riddled STIs :slobber:

http://www.adeptairmotive.com/site/awdep.asp?dealer=5824&depnum=10765

you did mention all the money I never wanted... So I will further encapsulate the details...

The new 120 v6 by adept airmotive for airplanes would go into my other loyale. The last true flat-four three main bearing chassis, would get the first true balanced aviators 120 v6 . Just snip out the bellhousing a little bit, hook up a gm auto tranny the 320bhp and let her fly at low rpms around the tiny mistake riddled STIs :slobber:

http://www.adeptairmotive.com/site/awdep.asp?dealer=5824&depnum=10765

ROTFLMAO okay here.. sorry for the juvenile abbreviation but....

okay, take a brat.. or a justy.. and manage to retrofit this motor you are talking about. Go ahead and schwimmwagen it, so shes a car and a boat. While youre at it, build some folding wings into the bed, and a propeller assembly in the front, and make a land air and sea subaru.

you would be famous. youd wind up with a crappy cable TV series. it would pay for itself! (almost)

Rosins up my bow and get my fiddle ready....

"Dear God, you made many, many poor people.

I realize, of course, that it's no shame to be poor.

But it's no great honor either!

So, what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune?"

If I were a rich man,

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.

If I were a wealthy man.

I wouldn't have to work hard.

If I were a biddy biddy rich,

Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

I'd build me a tall BRAT with cupholders by the dozen,

An EJ20 as a power plant bolted in

A set of cyro gears and axles to match

There would be nice big tires for going through the mud,

And some slicks for screaming through the town

And one more for going nowhere, just for show.

I'd fill my soob with lights and a winch and parts and oil

For the town to see and hear.

And each "flash" and "whirrl" and "clang" and "drip"

Would land like a trumpet on the ear,

As if to say "Here lives a wealthy man."

If I were a rich man,

All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.

If I were a wealthy man.

I wouldn't have to work hard.

If I were a biddy biddy rich,

Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

I see my wife, my Tonya, looking like a rich man's wife

With a proper SVX.

Sitting is leather, its her heart's delight.

Pulling up to rich folks they ask “is that a maseratti?”

Oy, what a happy mood she's in.

Screaming down the freeway, day and night.

:D

ok back to work……….

so how many of you young guys are feeling like this :confused: right now?

i think its hard to think of something for the unlimited budget so i will try again.

i want to stick with the wide body type idea i want at least 7 inch wide tires and keeping in mind that i don't wheel the bush i just corner hard and get her sideways when possible.

how bout carbon fiber body with tube chassis, ej22t with 07sti heads engine management and transmission. custom tcs and ayc is a must at this point. i've always thought the girl need a bit of a chin so its time to look into that.

candy blue with silver metallic base coat

airbags would be a good shot two, not just lowrider crap either, i mean performance ones. i read an article in scc that featured a computer controlled system that had flairs at the bottom of the mount and made the suspension stiffer when lowered, the system also featured a self leveling mechanism.

well i'm a little stuck here, even with the cf i'm only looking at what, 500 000 at most? this is hard...:banghead: i suck at this

Want to drool?

How about the AWD D/R Liberty box I have with the 1.73(?, subaxtreme) to 1 low range and a center locking diff? I'm sure you could have that for $3500 plus shipping... unless you can get away with using a RX center diff? That might take $1500 off the price.

Want to drool?

How about the AWD D/R Liberty box I have with the 1.73(?, subaxtreme) to 1 low range and a center locking diff? I'm sure you could have that for $3500 plus shipping... unless you can get away with using a RX center diff? That might take $1500 off the price.

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

let me see i would swap in an ej22 in first then i would do the 5 lug conversion and put in 18" chrome DUB wheels with the suspension lowered 2" then put in a navigation system up front a 12" DVD screen in the ceiling for the rear passengers a body kit all around fix all the knicks in the body and all the surface rust tint the windows put an STi exhaust from front to rear i would keep the same color (Marina Blue) oh yeah put in a sony xplode head deck with Bose speakers in the doors and to 12" woofers in the cargo area with 2 2000 watt amps. all into my 85' GL wagon. oh i almost forgot the dual range 4WD stays in place. that would be the pimpest old skool suby ever!!! hey i wish i had photo shop to see how my suby would look like with those 18" DUB wheels and full body kit LOWERED!!! lets keep dreaming :(

If i had an unlimited budget, i'd fill the car to the brim with 100 dollar bills, and drive around and give them away, specifically in urban areas, starting in Seattle, and working my way around the globe until i got to the tip of russia, then i'd get it to float, and drive down from Alaska to tierra del fuego.

If i had an unlimited budget, i'd fill the car to the brim with 100 dollar bills, and drive around and give them away, specifically in urban areas, starting in Seattle, and working my way around the globe until i got to the tip of russia, then i'd get it to float, and drive down from Alaska to tierra del fuego.

Nice plan - you could easily take the next presedential election that way. Money ANY power. Finally someone with some imagination in this thread. I like. You can definately have a place in my administration when I take over.

GD

I see one problem. Unless you take these $100 bills from rich people the money would soon become worthless as having billions of dollars just appear out of no where would cause the US dollar to drop to the point where you'd need $1000 just to buy a loaf of bread.

Great idea, but unless you take it from someone I don't think it would work :(

$100 to every citizen wouldn't do squat - except increase your lobying power. The government gave us back a tax refund "kicker" check to all citizens (that pay taxes) a while back that was about that much. Didn't do anything.

Not only that - you are assuming his goal isn't to disrupt the econemy..... which may in fact be a major part of his ultimate plan. Depends on what the end game really is.

GD

I see one problem. Unless you take these $100 bills from rich people the money would soon become worthless as having billions of dollars just appear out of no where would cause the US dollar to drop to the point where you'd need $1000 just to buy a loaf of bread.

Great idea, but unless you take it from someone I don't think it would work :(

based on some quick calculations, the number density of us bills is 14.512 bills per cubic inch....now, who knows the cargo capacity of an EA82 wagon (is 5 significant figures too much to ask for?) Then we can slap a number down, and compare it to the GNP...or better yet, the deficit...or the cost of the war in Iraq...

I forgot to add....I would turn my '82 GL wagon into the worlds sweetest lawnmower. I would add a second driveline out the back of the diff to turn the blades. I would drive it to all of the high dollar charity events I would be attending, and I would get designer gowns custom made in harvest beige. For my '86 wagon that I wrecked last year, I would completely rebuild it so it was perfect. Infact, it would be so perfect that it could be my indoors car, since my house would be so big that you had to have a subaru to get around. Obviously, it would be able to climb my spiral staircases. I think I would chrome my entire '88 GL wagon. I would drive it everywhere I went, and I would have my assistant's assistant hire me a shiner. My shiner would sit in the backseat until the car was parked, and then he would polish like crazy. Infact, I might just hire one of thoes crazy shoe shiner guys to be my shiner. I would go cliche on my '81 wagon and make it a sleeper, though I would drop in an EJ20TT not the EJ257. I would install a rice cooker in the cargo bay, and power it off of exhaust and rain water. On nights when I feel mischevious, I would throw sticky rice at the ricers and then outrun them. For my '88 GL-10 twagon, I would invent marbel-like WRC-colored gel-caps of nitrous and feed them to the intake via a hopper. I would keep them in a cookie jar that said 'Scooby Snacks' on it, and I would install a stereo that would only play the Fun Lovin' Criminals. I think I would keep my sedan pretty much as-is with just a few mods that I'm planning to do anyways. Though I would create a bullet-proof glass vault for it that sinks down under the driveway with a push of a button . It would be a cross between the vault that holds the constitution and the elevators on an aircraft carrier.

...but I would live my life in sorrow, because all I've ever really wanted was a brat...

Ok, so you'd only give out one each per person? I failed to do any math, to lazy for that. I think what would work better in most countries though would be some thing more along the lines of food? Money does nothing when your 500km+ away from a shop and don't even own an animal.

Back to my last post about the D/R Liberty box. I just read it isn't to hard to fit the 1.51:1 low gear set from (what we aussies call) a L-series into the D/R liberty box. So that cuts down on a lot of the cost.. This is becoming more do able and less dreamable :headbang:

EDIT: as I don't want to post another off topic post I'll reply to the thread below here.

Theres a lot of people that don't even live with money, or even know what it is/does. Theres so much more needed then just giving people money or food to getting everything back on track. If you give farmers food, then they start replying on it. Then soon (50 - 100 years) they don't know how to farm anymore.. And the way things are going now there isn't enough jobs that arn't farming to give everyone a decent wage to live on around the entire world. What we need to do I guess is stop taking from them, stop ruining the climate, and just let them live how they have always lived. I also don't think our way of life is sustainable in anyway at all.

If you want to continue this, I suggest starting it in the Off Topic forum. Personally I have nothing more to say, and I don't want to say anymore. Politics ain't my thing.

But what is to be commended here is Noah's generosity to others. Even if the idea would or wouldn't work.

I wouldn't do it for power, fame or for attention, i'd just want to be helping the needy, in america 100 bucks wouldn't do squat, thats true, but 98% of the world lives on less than 30 cents a day, so for those 98% it would sure do a lot

While that is true, the problems it would create are amazing in their scope. I'm not knocking your idea in principle - I think we *should* help less fortunate countries to bring their standard of living. But giving out money is sadly not the way to it.

Everyone knocks Nike for paying so little, but if you think about it.... well let me give you a thought here. What if company X in the USA decided to start hireing unskilled laborers at the rate of say.... $100 per hour? What would happen? Well for one people would immediately quit their jobs and line up down the street to apply there (this already happens at Nike factories in 3rd world countries). You would create in essence an unskilled, rich segment of population. All the money given out immediately flows into the hands of a very few, very powerful individuals. Now you have warlords..... well it just gets messy and untraceable at that point. Sadly you can't give money (and power IS money, so you are giving power to those smart enough to grab it) to the uneducated masses. They won't do the right thing with it. Better to spend on education, and community improvement programs. Give out clothing, food, and free education to the children. It does take longer, but that's the price you pay for organization.

GD