Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i bit the bullet and bought another brat

just bought this brat, so i`m pretty stoked. its almost identical to my last 85. it wasn`t too cheap, but now and days, it seems like a brat in its shape would bring around $3500-4000.what do you guys think? did i overpay? kinda bought it on impulse:lol: also there is a pic of my last one as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-BRAT-Subaru-BRAT-1985_W0QQitemZ110039203838QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6467QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

buratt007.jpg

thanks guys!

jonas, the one pictured on my post is the one i had a few years ago, the gutters have been trashed and replaced:grin: those were aluminum wagon wheels. i think they came on 83s.

it seemed like a good investment. i hate that i'm going to need to drive it this winter:-\ with the salt and all

just bought this brat, so i`m pretty stoked. its almost identical to my last 85. it wasn`t too cheap, but now and days, it seems like a brat in its shape would bring around $3500-4000.what do you guys think? did i overpay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-BRAT-Subaru-BRAT-1985_W0QQitemZ110039203838QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6467QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

buratt007.jpg

i dont think u overpaid at all...thats actually about rite on target....but if i were u i wouldn't sell it... thats probably one of the cleanest brats ive ever seen.....congrats dude:banana:

You did well. $4500 value is not far off the mark. If you get a polishing wheel and take about 4 hours on each wheel, they can look like this:

110Wheel1.JPG

Or you can spend $75 per wheel and pay someone else to do it like I did. What we won't do for our Brats.

You did well. $4500 value is not far off the mark. If you get a polishing wheel and take about 4 hours on each wheel, they can look like this:

110Wheel1.JPG

Or you can spend $75 per wheel and pay someone else to do it like I did. What we won't do for our Brats.

Technique and polish used please! My airplane propeller needs to look like this, and I don't want someone who isn't qualified to work on it (except moi, of course :grin:).

Thanks

Least you can find a brat close to where you live. Down here in Tennessee, I cant find a good condition used subaru if I had to, unlike Washington state.

This is one of those RARE finds in the northeast.The kind I used to get before I got old and responsible.:lol: .....well,old anyway.;)

thaNKS for all the response guys.

i think i mixed some of you up tho:lol:

the one i just bought is the one on the ebay link with hubcaps (it will soon have alloys) my old one is the one pictured on the first post. it now lives in New Hampshire.

i`ll get more pics when i pick it up. the guy is really kicking himself for selling it, as he owned it 21 years:-\

if it sounds to good to be true, it probly is.

here is the email i got from the seller:

Hi Jon,

I am afraid that I have some unpleasant news. After much soul searching and second guessing on this issue, I have decided that I do not want to sell the car at this time. I posted it on ebay on a whim, then everything happened so fast that it did not really sink in until Sunday night that I was giving up my "baby". I have not accepted your deposit to date because I was trying to decide what to do. I am asking that you please try and understand my situation. I have put so much time and effort into this car over the last 20 years that I just can't part with it. I know you can post negative feedback on me, and I understand if you do, but again please try to understand my position. I contacted ebay for their advice and they suggested I contact you to discuss the situation directly. Sorry I have not answered your calls, but I was at sea for 2 days on a fishing trip. I apologize again for the inconvenience to you and for getting your hopes up. Perhaps if I decide to sell in the future we can work out a deal. I would be happy to give you first crack at the car at that time, if you're still interested. I look forward to your response.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Sincerely,

--

Mike

:mad: :-\ :mad::confused:

he offered me $100 not to buy it, so i guess that makes it a little better at least:-\