Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Toughest thing you've seen a subie do?

Phizinza

The 5 mains have something crazy, as was proven here by a friend- it was like the engine had wheels, and it veered right while going straight the ore power added. Add a leaning road and its all over (exactly that cars demise- he refuses to get another new soob becuase of it..) 3 main soobs really do self cancel.
I think this has something to do with power. the more power you have the more power you get with less throttle action. This causes the wheels to spin easier, which is exactly what you don't want on a slipery road. I think your friend is right not wanting another Subie, if he can't control one I don't want him in one either... Intelligence in a driver is what makes a huge difference I say.

Ofcause it could just be the wider tires the later models have, with not a whole lot more weight.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5 mains have something crazy, as was proven here by a friend- it was like the engine had wheels, and it veered right while going straight the ore power added. Add a leaning road and its all over (exactly that cars demise- he refuses to get another new soob becuase of it..)

without a doubt, driver incompetence there. My Ej22 wagon tracks perfectly straight with all 4 wheels spinning on ice. see my thread in the Rally/Racing section to see some pics of my wagon powersliding. the MNSubaru club spent an entire weekend with almost 35 EJ-powered subarus on ice, and nobody had any crazy BS like that. just driver error.

I bet a Aussie posts next and gives me a right ol :Flame: for this... haha, show us your extreme offroading or **** off (sorry, that's my true aussie opinion coming through.)

An aussie was the first to post the goods in this thread....

By the way, the kettle called and wants you to stop calling it black.

I can give you credit on that.. But really, there isn't much great with the rest.

And just because you were first, doesn't mean that you are best. Just look at other videos. Ahh whatever. Your car is great man, you rock, well done.

Maybe I was looking for some harder stuff then what I have done. Oh well, I guess it's just how this country is, pretty darn flat and sandy.

I can give you credit on that.. But really, there isn't much great with the rest.

And just because you were first, doesn't mean that you are best. Just look at other videos. Ahh whatever. Your car is great man, you rock, well done.

Maybe I was looking for some harder stuff then what I have done. Oh well, I guess it's just how this country is, pretty darn flat and sandy.

Ahhh I'm not saying I'm the best, I know there are plenty more capable subarus ( especially those with xfer cases ). I just don't get your need to bash AUSubaru at every given opportunity. It's a great community and undeserving of your constant digs...

I may say one or two things against some of the people at AUSubaru every couple or months or so. But so what?? I've heard much worse things come from AUSubaru about USMB in much more frequent intervals.. Just take no notice of me, obviously you disagree and obviously I'm not changing my feelings about it.

I don't think you know how deserving some people are or not. I know the forum isn't whats wrong, but it's a particular mod and some of the long term, post happy, members what makes it a un-friendly place for people who don't believe or think in the same way.

Sorry if you thought I ment USMB when I said this, I didn't. I ment AUSubaru. I will try and make myself more clear in future.

But enough of that, if you want to continue this I suggest starting a new topic in the off topic forum and giving me the link..

This is ment for the sharing of hardcore offroading of Subarus.

hardcore? there's some softcore above the last thread... lol :rolleyes::headbang: peace there. they all rock, it's all how you take them and who's grain of salt, have a few :drunk::drunk::drunk: see you on the trails...
Good call Rooinater - I think sometimes people lose sight in that we all have a keen interest in Subarus. I think BOTH boards have merits as well as disadvantages.

Car and Driver play a part in how well a car does. My EA82 has taken me where I point it. While I am not afraid of a challenge, I dont take my car where I know it's bound to break :-\

i was just giving some jest... ligthen some people up. cause if i get some more spare stubs or some chromo's made i'll be running some 4.5+ rated trails and hardcore will be let out of it's box... limits are meant to be pushed and rules broken. tell me i can't do it, and i'll prove you wrong! ;)

(not saying you said that, but when people say it. it's how i wheel. i'll prove a point when i'm told i can't)

soobmater, what size tires you running? I'm using the kumho 27x8.5's. I get the feeling wider is better and I also get the feeling subies can't take much more then about 255mm wide before it starts getting abnormal bearing wear because of the extra offset you need to clear the springs..

soobmater, what size tires you running? I'm using the kumho 27x8.5's. I get the feeling wider is better and I also get the feeling subies can't take much more then about 255mm wide before it starts getting abnormal bearing wear because of the extra offset you need to clear the springs..

I'm running 28x8.50 super swampers, so they are a full 28" tall.. Unlike the 27x8.50's which are only like 26.3 or so tall.. People will argue about width and what not.. It depends. narrow tires dig down and sometimes get a good bite, sometimes just digging ya in a hole. Wider tires offer a lot more floatation, but somtimes wont allow you to dig down to the bottom..

I'm running 28x8.50 super swampers, so they are a full 28" tall.. Unlike the 27x8.50's which are only like 26.3 or so tall..

Yeah, it's annoying about that, they are also only 197mm wide... At the moment I am thinking wider is better. That's what you see on most extreme offroaders, and is also better in sand.

Anyone know if BFGoodrich are truthfully the size they say. I was thinking of some 235/75R15 MT's or some Toyo 225/70R15 AT's...