Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For those of you who remember it...

WJM

My RX is finally nearing running condition again.

This morning the engine went back in....but lacking an intake manifold, engine wiring harness and some IC piping.

For simplicity, I'll be going with the MegaSquirt, with EVO injectors and a stock throttle body...I was going to go with an AEM, and a WRX throttle body, 16G and meth injection. The Meth will still go on, but later...and I'll be using a TD04L-13G for now.

Hopefully....today I'll find the harness, the gaskets for the manifold will come in, and I'll get some other small peices done and it'll fire up and I can drive it home. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It ran.

But I put a hole in the radiator trying to shove the mechanical fan in...so, no more of those, now I have to find electric ones AND fix the rad.

And on top of that, something is wrong with the clutch. It will not move under its own power.

Since the radiator has to come out, 11 more bolts and the engine is out again. So...its coming back out to see whats wrong with the clutch.

I still have the OBW. Its going to be the backup car once I get the RX running good to DD it and race it...and I sell my 05 RS.

As for the clutch...

I forgot that the Hi-Lo lever could be stuck in a 'neutral' position. :o :o :o :o :o

you certainly have been busy with that thing. i am still waiting to save up enough to get the parts to rebuild my engine. i still need to figure out what i am going to do about getting the engine management, i want to go ms, but i am horrible with building electronic bits.

they sell units that i wont have to hack my wiring harness apart? i plan on having one of my stock ecu's gutted for the harness connector and then made so i can plug it together instead of running all the wires indevidually. granted, i know ill have to wire up a few bits here and there, but i dont want to have to rewire the dash, again.

PICS DARNIT!!!

You can buy pre assembled control units on ebay and wiring the sensors is about as difficult as installing a set of fog lights.

Dude. DIYautotune.com has a write up on how to make your own wiring harness using a ECU connecter (Guy that did/helped Will run MS)

He also sells fully assembled MS boxes. Pick a version a go to it.

Will, Congrats on getting the car running again. I know how exciting those moments can be!

Bravo Will, let us know how the megasquirt goes.. I have a V3 unit coming next week to run the new engine.

Pre built, custom plugs for my application $510 kiwi delivered.

I can't wait!

What sort of power is the new mill making with and without the meth/water?

Well done Dude.

Matt

Tonight I got the IC plumbed for AIR and WATER.

Got it tuned to run safely for now....

The SVT F-150 IC pump is so quiet you cant hear it run.

Now, when the next peice comes in, the pre turbo intake will be done.

my guess is a fuseable link...

The things I have hard wired (rad fan, rally lights) work fine. Batt has full voltage.

HOWEVER...the key chime works too. But NOTHING comes on. Not even the manual parking light switch...or the interior lights.

When I left the car last night, the light still worked, and the car was running. Shut it off, lock and close door...sleep...wake up...go out to start car, and nothing.

I dont understand.

Dicker around with all the wires, i get a TOTAL DOA sometimes when i turn my key from on to start, and all it takes is jiggling the FL wiring.. MY culprit is always either the wire leading in to the block, or the hindmost link.