Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Brat Pics

Wow, where did that come from?

Never saw it for sale around here.

It was listed on CL with no mention of turbo nor did he post pics.

I posted the pics because i think they are the best example of a nice turbo brat, All the T-brats on the T-brat page are kinda fugly (no offense to anyone:) ). Even my old silver T-brat had a messed up tailgate and peeling paint.

These are glamor shots of the brat. She has a few imperfections. (engine bay looks great though). The guy i bought it from was a bit of an eccentric. He used the brat to drive to Idaho where he owned a gold mine. He also had another brat with a R1000 engine, 6 speed tranny, 19" rims, and he ended up using that car exclusively for making dump runs. nice guy though.

now, about those engine bay pics

I will get some up soon.

I wanna know what a R1000 engine is

I think its a Suzuki motorcycle engine. The crazy bastard thought one would be fun in a brat. The brat was complete with motorcycle tac and sppedo, vinyl paint and a nice baja bed extender (i liked that mod). He hooked the motorcycle tranny right up to the drive axle and ran it rwd only. I wish i got some pics of it.

Moreover, That guy collects third eyes. He had 6 of them. I asked him to throw one in with the deal, but he said no. He just likes how rare they are. He has no intention of ever using them, or selling them, just likes collecting them as if they were stamps.

How about ea81 meet. That way there'd be more than 3 of us. lol

Sounds good, I would be down if it was at a time i don't work.

I was sad to see your friend sold the silver T-brat so soon. Did it not work out for him? I was hoping he was going to restore it.:(

What is the third eye?

The center lamp found on the 1982 gls.

Sounds good, I would be down if it was at a time i don't work.

I was sad to see your friend sold the silver T-brat so soon. Did it not work out for him? I was hoping he was going to restore it. :(

Me too. But unfortunately, he's splitting with his wife, and that's one of the things he can't keep. He sold it to a guy in SoCal for 2500, sight unseen. The guy just sent money an dhe shipped it off. It was a nice Brat. He offered it to me, but I grabbed my old Brat back from Idaho instead.

He should stil have some pretty sweet studded Pirellis on 13s for it still. . . I think he was trying to sell them for 100 bucks. Shoot me a pm if you're interested, I'll give you his contact #.