Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS10 Location and Date Set!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will offroad be all one group or will it be by model

All one group.

BTW, there is supposed to be a GPS map circulating in Astoria of local trails and roads. I am trying to get my hands on it. Could be fun for the offroaders!

All one group.

BTW, there is supposed to be a GPS map circulating in Astoria of local trails and roads. I am trying to get my hands on it. Could be fun for the offroaders!

Just what do we have to look forward to at the Show this year for the offroaders?

• 2 weeks later...
Are the Gen1/2/3 classes going to be lumped with engine-swapped cars like last year, or seperate like at WCSS8?

Depends. We haven't decided yet. I'm hoping for a seperate engine swap class, but we'll see what happens.

I'll be sure to get them to post up the final classes as soon as its decided.

Im looking at possibly staying somewhere in Astoria anyone know a place with a Ocean view??
There are places with a view of the Columbia River, but to see the ocean you'd have to go west a few miles further. We plan to camp at Nehalem Bay for a week following WCSS10 but that's about 45 minutes west and south of Astoria. A number of places with an ocean view between fairgrounds and Nehalem Bay. I'm sure the Astoria Chamber of Commerce would be glad to let you know what's in the vicinity. Get your reservations now, because the Oregon shore fills up quickly.

does everybody from portland want to get together at some location before heading over the coast range as to get a huge line of roo's?

I'm in on this. I know that myself and a few others are making the trip on friday. I will start a new thread on this soon.

Camping is on site right? If so do we need reservations or is it first come first serve like last year?

I had thought about trying to attend this at some point but with gas the way it is i dont think i might ever make it out there. Thats quite a drive for me. And i dont think the ole girl would make it. It would be an interesting trip though. If i had some buddies to tag along with it might not seem so booring.

Ben

I'm in on this. I know that myself and a few others are making the trip on friday. I will start a new thread on this soon.

Camping is on site right? If so do we need reservations or is it first come first serve like last year?

I meet up with some great guys from Mountain tech last year and we all went up together. We just need a time and place that will work for everyone. I think we did Hooters last time.

All one group.

This is from post #79.

This is from post #79.

i live across the road from the forest service main office and i will head on in there this friday after i get out of the doc office. they should have the maps for the area as well as i do have the latest copy of the tillamook burn area map which shows all the trails off highway 6, (lots of the trails are closed due to the mud slides this year and that is especially true for the highway 30 trails). never the less friday i will get the maps and if copyrights permit is will scan them and add them to the board.

I had thought about trying to attend this at some point but with gas the way it is i dont think i might ever make it out there. Thats quite a drive for me. And i dont think the ole girl would make it. It would be an interesting trip though. If i had some buddies to tag along with it might not seem so booring.

Ben

I drove to New York from Seattle a couple of years ago. Spent the whole time arguing over routes and music with the pinhead I was with ( I think Mick can vouch for me and my opinion of the guy). On the way back, it was peaceful. Just me and MY music. :clap:

The big reason these days for a passenger would be to share the gas expense.