Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CT Cookout July 25th.A West Coaster will be here.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. It was great that Psyko called and spent some time harrassing everyone..and starting the war between Backwoodsboy and himself again. ( it makes for a great laugh listening to them go back and forth) Sitting around the fire roasting marshmellows.

All in all I just hope everyone enjoyed themselves. It was great seeing WagonsOnly again and the Scorpio was way cool!

Wow I didnt get one picture though. But I think Rob did.

Yea I forgot my camera otherwise i woulda shot a few pics. It was great to see everyone again and i had fun. Thanks to John i am now on the path to spending more money on the sedan lol. Im sure ill make a thread about it later on when i actually start the build.

Great time! Very cool to meet Rob. I had a nice post typed around 6AM but the internet swallowed it up I guess.

I like the way you waited untill I left to whip out the cameras. :banana:

I need the recipe for that broccolli salad. Taste like breakfast mmmmmmmm......

Andrew's Scorpion is mighty mighty sweeeeeet. :slobber: Kind of like picking up a nice Jaguar from the late 60's when I was his age. Tre cool !!! Euro styling :)

Thanks Connie and Tom !!! And to everyone for all you did to make it such a great day. And whoever paid for the weather - we OWE you bigtime,thanks.

Forgot the clutch adjustment but made it home slippin on down the line. Rock 'n roll - see you guys at the Barrens or the next cookout/meet.

Cheers!

Well obviously I wasn't there but it looks like you had a great time!!! Rob, it was an awesome privilege to meet you and hope to see you again!! Definitely let me know if you are heading out this way again. And hopefully I can come visit you in the future!! Thanks for meeting up and the great conversation!! -Jason

Well, its a good thing I had a great time and my road trip was un-eventful.

Cause the flight part is really sucking :-\

This time it was weather.

They had to figure out a new route to Atlanta because of bad weather, so we sat at the gate for 1/2hr.

Which caused me to miss my connecting flight by 10min :rolleyes:

Actually, the weather was bad enough where I flew out of (Hartford, CT) they closed it down right after we took off.

So, here I sit at the Atlanta airport.

My flight leaves at 8:30 in the morning.

Time to watch a movie on my laptop I guess.

hey guys

i had a great time too.. david enjoyed the food so did I... we made home in under 2 hours!!! sorry i didnt respond earlier.. its just that my sat evening got ruined by some *&^%$%#s from down under and some other people that called me on my way home... and that made me depressed throughout sunday :mad::mad:

thanks connie for the burgers it was awsome, i ate some on sunday too... and jess thanks for the cake!!! :slobber::slobber:

nice to have finally met you rob! :)

pssssttt john.... be ready for the barrens with that winch :lol::lol:

Well, its a good thing I had a great time and my road trip was un-eventful.

Cause the flight part is really sucking :-\

This time it was weather.

They had to figure out a new route to Atlanta because of bad weather, so we sat at the gate for 1/2hr.

Which caused me to miss my connecting flight by 10min :rolleyes:

Actually, the weather was bad enough where I flew out of (Hartford, CT) they closed it down right after we took off.

So, here I sit at the Atlanta airport.

My flight leaves at 8:30 in the morning.

Time to watch a movie on my laptop I guess.

That sucks Rob. But look at it on the bright side. I just got off the phone wih my long time friend, who's one his way home to Seattle, but stuck in some tiny place in South Dakota with a busted timing belt on an inteference motor. He ain't got no internet, much less a laptop.

Safe trip. :)

That sucks Rob. But look at it on the bright side. I just got off the phone wih my long time friend, who's one his way home to Seattle, but stuck in some tiny place in South Dakota with a busted timing belt on an inteference motor. He ain't got no internet, much less a laptop.

Safe trip. :)

Yeah, that would really suck.

But thats where this community comes in.

I would just give Chef Tim a call if it was me ;)

Yes!

Its good to be back home :banana:

It was all worth it tho and I plan on doing it again, maybe next Fall.

I plan on doing things a bit different, my rental car got 1200mi put on it and was a gutless wonder (Dodge Journey). I will be a bit more picky next time on what I get. It was funny to hear the guys comment when I brought it back almost bone dry on fuel. I pre-paid, so it wasnt a issue.

The gas light was on for the last 10mi :D

And I await the letter from Thrifty about my "EZ Pass".......bypass incident :rolleyes:

It was a treat when Briggs joined the BBQ via txt/phone and him and John started up the "Death Match" again :Flame:

It was like the icing on the cake.

I will try and drag him out with me next time.

Speaking of cake..... Jess I found out after you left that you made that from scratch :slobber:

It was great meeting Moosen, just wish he more awake and would have stayed longer :-p

Next time buddy.

It was also nice to be able to talk to some in person instead of thru a chat room.

Oh, I cant forget Mary.

Thanks for breakfast (light morning eater) and all the car story's. Its amazing how a little town can come up with so many classic cars in one night.

Neo, I was hoping you would bring some of those Brazilian treats you and Connie are always talking about. I forget to mention it before coming out, my bad. But none the less, a pleasure to talk to you in person.

Matt, your SVX makes motivated. Got to get off my arse and get mine on the road.

Oh, and some guy showed up in a lifted OB.

Glad you could make it out Nipper ;)

And Steve and his awesome EA8 Sedan. It was great talking shop.

Would love to see you all make it out to a Show in the future.

And thanks again to Connie for putting up with me for a couple of days and throwing a great BBQ.

Those burgers are sooooooooo good :headbang:

Oh, and everything you hear about East Coast drivers is true.

They are friggin nuts!

I was looking for a seatbelt when the l got a ride from the car rental shuttle bus driver. Watch yourself around the Hartford Airport, she will run you off the road :eek:

People routinely drive 20 over. I was in the passing lane (yes, passing) and I saw the car behind me pull over. There was a trooper behind me now and I was doing 80. I pulled into the center lane and he just went on his merry way, at about 90. And this happened twice on the same day, same road.

But I found out on the day I was headed back to the airport to fly home, that us PNW have one up on you when it rains (at least the ones that dont drive Subaru's). Hit a bad TS and it was hailing and raining super hard and all of a sudden cars were pulling off the road left and right with their flashers on.

Thats typical driving conditions here for 4mo out of the year :popcorn:

I was laughing about it, but also a little frustrated because I was real low on gas and the car was due back at 3:15.

Glad to be home, got a sore butt from all the traveling, but also lots of good memories.

Edited by Turbone

Glad you made it back Rob!! Again it was awesome meeting you and hopefully we can meet up again next fall. Just hit me up!!! -Jason

For sure.

Hopefully it wont be in the middle of the week, close to midnight :rolleyes:

On another note....

I got ate up by the skeeters :-\

But mostly my legs, I only have 1 bite on my elbow.

I counted over 24 bites around both ankles :mad:

Should have used that DDT that Neo had :banghead: