Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Rehung the exhaust pipe. Installed the muffler. Realized there is a broken front exhaust mount which doesnt matter since it is no longer made.

:(

Drained the worst smelling old fuel i have ever smelled in my life. Thankfully it all siphoned it out on its oen. 21/2 gallons of this syrupy stinky fuel. Repaired the fuel pump harness as for some reason it was cut and connected with wire nuts.

Been doing some much needed maintenance on my Hatch.

Drained the rear diff and put it in new. The old stuff was black, but no water!

Changed the oil.

And had fun re-winding the cable on my winch. It hasnt been out for a while and I had to use my Brat to pull it out.

I also had a bad connection and had to pull off the leads and clean it all up.

0727001347.jpg

Drained out the most vile, disgusting and darkest gasoline ( more like maple syrup) I have ever seen in my life. Luckily it was self siphoning from the fuel tank. 2 1/2 gallons came out, which seamed about right with the Justy's gauge and 9 gallon tank.

The gas only was 5 years old.

tried to blow mine up today. A water hose popped off (never saw a clamp was missing been racing this for about a year without it hmmmm) dumped all the coolant on the freeway. She got really hot and I limped her home since it was 3 blocks or so and set about cooling her off. 30 minutes then 10 litres of water later she was cooler. I replaced the hose and bought new clamps. I ran her for about 45 min in the driveway looking for telltale signs of disaster and ........... nothing I think she survived. To be safe I'm driving the Scaturd for the rest of the week and will check the suby out more thoroughly this weekend.

tried to blow mine up today. A water hose popped off (never saw a clamp was missing been racing this for about a year without it hmmmm) dumped all the coolant on the freeway. She got really hot and I limped her home since it was 3 blocks or so and set about cooling her off. 30 minutes then 10 litres of water later she was cooler. I replaced the hose and bought new clamps. I ran her for about 45 min in the driveway looking for telltale signs of disaster and ........... nothing I think she survived. To be safe I'm driving the Scaturd for the rest of the week and will check the suby out more thoroughly this weekend.

Its the beginning of the end.

Starting with this:

GLold.jpg

In addition to removing the bumper and grill, I also took the passenger fender off to straighten out some sheet metal.

panel.jpg

Made my own wiring harness which turns the amber part of the side marker into a turn signal, while also turning the turn signal into a running light.

harness.jpg

Yellow part now blinks

marker.jpg

running light installed in turn signal

dualbulb.jpg

Drilled and bolted up some L brackets for the foglights. They ground through the bumper, I'm thinking of running some wire from the brackets to the battery.

brackets.jpg

Done!

GLnew.jpg

Its the beginning of the end.

I have another engine located and was planning to build the ultimate time bomb but I think now it's a freshen up and drop in deal. I still want to build the ultimate EA82t and I may yet do that.