Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

am preparing to re-install the SVO intercooler on the RX just pipe to pick up and a few fittings to add.

final connections will be made once the new engine goes in.

c881c2ef.jpg

I am eagerly awaiting the first drive with a new engine.

60bee274.jpg

please don't mind the cell phone pic

He looks meaner in person, that is if a CVT Justy can be mean. Going to get the windows tinted. He has a nice buzzbomb sound to him, but the cause is the joint under the drivers seat so i need to get that fixed. The charcoal and blue works.

Punch list:

Replace Carb

Service CVT (flush filter)

replace a tire (or all 4 if 4 is cheaper then one)

Fix sunbacked paint

re-re-re-re-re paint tailgate

Fix fuel sender

Go to a exhaust shop and have something fabricated or fixed.

I also need to find a upholstery shop that will fix the split seems on the seats. they are not torn just the stitching is dried out. I don't know if he will be on the road this year as he will NOT see roadsalt.

Driving him is weird. The electric clutch, actually acts like a real clutch. You can feel it engeg just the way a clutch pedal would. Not quite sure what the brake switch does yet (prrbly engine braking). Have the car in drive no pedals they same as having the clutch disengaged. Start pressing the go pedal to make the car crawl (it will do this in Ds but not D) it feels like the same throttle/clutch response as having that third pedal. Take your foot off the gas your back in neutralish.

Ds is for actually "Drive Slow". It is used in heavy traffic and for going up and down steep hills, It dramatically lower the gear ratios and allows you to beat Mustangs off the line for a good 20-30 feet :)

I used to have a 5speed RS justy 4wd

IMG00087.jpg

IMG00069.jpg

on the way from its field of sit, it jumped off my friend's trailor and attacked a kia minivan. I wasn't there for that one. I got this car off of the fat guy in the pic (j) then traded it (bad clutch) and a rump roast-ended eclipse back to J for my 93 lego wagon on audi rims.

IMG00010.jpg

Edited by Ricearu

Cool. My legacy was at 99,999 when I pulled into the parking lot for work last summer. So during my lunch break I drove it around until it turned over 100,000.

And my legacy just failed inspection :mad:

Rust on a back door. Tires are marginal, he said they'd fail if he was having a bad day..... And a torn steering rack boot. So off to a parts store it is and some wrenching I guess.