Ricearu

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

I reckon these are way better than the third light setup... 

uJ63sn.jpg 

They work really well too, I win many high beam wars with dipshits that don’t dip their lights to oncoming traffic! I love a good set of driving lights :D 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

done that "leave my high beam on to dissipate the oncoming forgetfuls" bright lights twice now, only to find it was a marked police car - learning a lesson and taking said lesson on board 

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, Step-a-toe said:

done that "leave my high beam on to dissipate the oncoming forgetfuls" bright lights twice now, only to find it was a marked police car - learning a lesson and taking said lesson on board 

I always dip my lights then give the oncoming driver about three generous seconds to reciprocate, then my big lights go back on until they decide to dip their lights. I’m not out to just blind ppl, they need a fair chance!

I’ve had one or two occasions where the oncoming vehicle has dazzling LED light bars that are that shite even (for them) for their driver that they simply don’t see the lights of the oncoming driver until they’re basically already passed! Very frustrating! 

And yes, I hate the cool white of the LED lights - try driving in fog with that crap! No thanks. I’ll stick with my power hungry halogen lights ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

On 11/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, el_freddo said:

I always dip my lights then give the oncoming driver about three generous seconds to reciprocate, then my big lights go back on until they decide to dip their lights. I’m not out to just blind ppl, they need a fair chance!

I’ve had one or two occasions where the oncoming vehicle has dazzling LED light bars that are that shite even (for them) for their driver that they simply don’t see the lights of the oncoming driver until they’re basically already passed! Very frustrating! 

And yes, I hate the cool white of the LED lights - try driving in fog with that crap! No thanks. I’ll stick with my power hungry halogen lights ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

that bright, cool white of LED makes life harder trying to read numbers stamped into engine blocks, reflecting too much white light back to the retina. I found a simple $5 bendy USB plug in light at IKEA that gives off a yellowish light. Plug it into a power pack of choice and you have a light that you cannot get in today's torches.

I also dip as required first, maybe not count to three, just rely on my vision threshold before the brights go back

4 minutes ago, Step-a-toe said:

that bright, cool white of LED makes life harder trying to read numbers stamped into engine blocks, reflecting too much white light back to the retina. I found a simple $5 bendy USB plug in light at IKEA that gives off a yellowish light. Plug it into a power pack of choice and you have a light that you cannot get in today's torches.

I also dip as required first, maybe not count to three, just rely on my vision threshold before the brights go back

16384804873886457608969595137204.jpg

• Like 1

Cleaned out around the Fenders and other areas that trap debris on the all the Subies.

Had four neat little piles around each vehicle

RIe9LDq.jpg

This is a 3rd generation, looking with the Front RH Door Ajar; at where the Fender connects to the Body.
This location LOVES to catch debris. It collects in the form of road-wash, and from debris falling from trees above.
I used the small bamboo branch in the above photo to fish the majority of the filth out. Compressed air, a garden hose, or a vacuum would also work great

vIs5Zgk.jpg

2nd Generation cars have a similar area that catches debris in the same location.

On 3rd gen cars, there are drains on either side of the windshield wiper apron, these also like to get plugged with grime and tree debris
Hard to see, but there are two pine needles diving in to clog the drain even in these photos

iVxYz3O.jpg

tQMJoM3.jpg

This is just routine stuff that has to be done now and then. Keeps the car less damp and less likely to rust out as well

• Like 1

Replace your headlights already.

The lights that came out where probably from the early 2000's so maybe 20 year old, Sylvaina ExtraVision   The seal that attaches the front lens to the rear reflector had failed and the reflective coating was mostly gone, probably due to moisture getting inside it was a wonder they produced any forward light at all.  The lights pretty much fell apart when I took the bezel off.

Lesson is sealed all glass beams don't stay sealed forever.  And they made a really cool crashing noise when I threw them in the garbage.

And standard issue replacements are ridiculously cheap.

Has me wondering how the center light will weather the test of time since finding replacements for that is probably next to impossible.

tn_IMG_2330.JPG.8edc3378d3610069aaa0f6a14adc6049.JPG

tn_IMG_2328.JPG.466fafa995496699a36b8827ae414bb6.JPG

tn_IMG_2329.JPG.03e9d10cd66e1e76c33a79589616fedd.JPG

tn_IMG_2336.JPG.dd2ea726baed5131c752eea573c9591b.JPG

• Like 1

Yesterday, just rewired my front Led lights. On my 85 loyal. They would randomly go off when i hit a bump. Soldered those suckers. Now they only go off when i want them to. 

received_3084908781751049.jpeg

• Like 2