Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

LMAO I bet they were like I thought a WRX should only sound like that? what the hell.. I did not know Subaru made anything else but a WRX!?!?!? lol

ya. pretty much :rolleyes:, or the ricers chime in and say dumb crap like, you should fix your misfire, and did you burn an exhaust valve spraying that wagon? :-\ I stopped going to the street races and started going off-roading

Started the "Outbackification" of my 97 Legacy L. got the struts in and am rounding up all the spacers and bolts for the body lift. Putting in a new L front caliper as the bleeder broke off and the extractor broke off in the bleeder and well....Jesus, new caliper time.

Also got the driver side seat belt replaced, was frayed to hell. Called the local guys (Royal Moore) and got told to get f***ed, so went to Carr in Bvtn and was done and out the door in less than an hour all covered by the warranty. Moral of the story: go to Carr.

Edited by kenpdx

The howling from the bad pump and the clacking of the cv in the corners of my 93 leggy was driving me f**king crazy, so, this last weekend:

Passenger side front cv/half-shaft,

new power steering pump,

New exhaust piping,

new muffler,

replaced throttle body sensor.

I can hear my stereo over the car now! Once I have all the broken stuff fixed (heater and window seals next) then its time for the OB strut lift and lighting upgrades :banana:

I Don't Think your Wagon is Crappy...

me either, it was a figure of speech from the point of view of the dumb wrx/sti owners who know nothing about old subaru's. I love my car, and i hate it, thats ok because it loves/hates me too, and lets me know when I anger it :lol:

I love my car, and i hate it, thats ok because it loves/hates me too, and lets me know when I anger it
I have a brat like that.... Also I totally get where you are coming from with *most* Wrx owners, I started with my Brat and then moved to a Wrx (still have the Brat plus an ea81 wagon and a gen one lego) Some of the kid's I go to collage with just don't fully appreciate the older gen Subarus, all they think about are turbos and shiny wheels It's obnoxious!!

went from this broken trim piece

bajatrim.jpg?t=1291259712

to this after removal, fiberglass bondo, and paint (painted and fiberglassed on the kitchen counter/bathroom for paint.

IMGA1222.jpg?t=1291259712

the paint match is darn near perfect, some leftover duplicolor wheel paint i had laying around, over top of several good primer coats, then 2 coats of clear. Its hard to not tell it was painted.

pulled out the broken rear stabilizer endlink here

IMGA1219.jpg?t=1291259712

installed the new one ( i got a set of 2 new in the suabaru pakage off ebay 2 of these for 12 bucks that includes shipping)

IMGA1229.jpg?t=1291259712

removed the non working radio and installed this which i scored off ebay for 39 shipped (its the 6disc with cassette from a 03 wrx)

IMGA1224.jpg?t=1291259712

only to find out i still had no sound, so dig into the door panels, and all speakers are non functional, so i installed a pair of polk audio's i had laying around in the front doors, and just bought a 22 dollar set of new pioneers on ebay that will go in the rear doors.

all in a non heated garage in the very cold of about 23 degrees.

Edited by bheinen74

Used the hood of the '88 Wagon as a workbench while attempting to repair my Salamander type heater.

All to "no joy" though... Looks as though it's the circuit board that is bad. There's $70.00+ I don't have. :-\

Looks like there's some cold wrenching to be done on the Wagon now. Brrrr....