Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Fender flares? Please do tell!

-Tom

well to be honest I'm lazy... I have a bit of rust in my fender lips so rather than weld in new ones I'll be installing flares. I can buy some Wangan style flares fairly cheap (cheaper than new steel). This is also an excuse to get some wide wheels (13x8) made by Diamond Racing. I do autocross this thing so I like having a good excuse to widen the track. :grin:

I still think the car sits too high. There is still a downward slope to the front control arms. 3 more inches of drop will make them flat (the theoretical drop limit for handling) any lower and I'd be losing camber.

Edited by vagen

Haha lazyness :D The wider wheels will complete the look plus will of course give you a bit more stable cornering ability (No much, but some) the other thing is those struts (Kinda soft fo real track use) unless you changed the shocks to gas charged KYBs? Dunno how your gonna drop it for better handeling, unless you swap everything to Impreza componets.

Hope to see more and hear some more plans :) !

-Tom

Fender flares? Please do tell!

-Tom

Haha lazyness :D The wider wheels will complete the look plus will of course give you a bit more stable cornering ability (No much, but some) the other thing is those struts (Kinda soft fo real track use) unless you changed the shocks to gas charged KYBs? Dunno how your gonna drop it for better handeling, unless you swap everything to Impreza componets.

Hope to see more and hear some more plans :) !

-Tom

modified Tokiko iluminas for a miata they are 2" shorter than the stock struts. a miata weighs 21-2300lbs my car is 2500. I hope to bring theweight down a couple hundred by removing the sound deadening. On my last race build the sound deadening accounted for 150lbs.

Edited by vagen

Hmm, that'll be interesting. gonna need an adaptor for the top hat?

As for Sound deadening on the EA82, there isn't much (if any lol) are you gonna remove the rear seat? as thats prolly about 75lbs. and if you have A/C, I would remove the A/C radiator and condenser (Along with the A/C lines) thats about 20lbs all together. Dunno about the pump, since the Alternater bracket bolts to the A/C pump (At least on the Hitachi pump)

Good luck and keep us posted on any progress and what you find :)

has anybody made a fix for that yet? cause that's something I am considering

I was thinking about useing a Bracket from a Non-A/C EA82. I dunno what that setup looks like though - so it might not work. hmmm? Thats all thats left of the A/C in my rig, I even took off that little senser thing that was infront of the pump.

-Tom

I put some new 6.5" speakers in my front doors and installed on of these...

Harman%20Kardon%20DrivePlay.JPG

I just have the AM/FM radio, so i just use the FM transmitter thats built in, its good enough that if i put it on a radio station that actually has a station, it'll still over power it and block it. so thats pretty sweet.

i just removed the clock and stuck the display in that hole and wired it behind the dash, looks kinda ghetto. i MAY or MAY NOT fix it soon depends how ambitious i get. LOL!:banana: (pics to come soon.)

Edited by xbeerd

Went to the dealer and spent $121 for two new brake discs.

-Tom

Holy crap! It cost that much for rotors from the dealer? I think the last time I got rotors they were half that from the parts house.

I put new shocks on the rear end this weekend and did a front end alignment. The car rides way better with new shock vs the old ones with 300,000 on them

Oh, and had to put a spare tire on this morning because I had a flat when I went to go to work.

I re-routed my clutch-cable to below steering and heater hoses... HOLY CRAP!!!! It's like a new clutch!

I've been reading old threads about this and never thought it would have such a huge impact on the driveability... unbelievable (as everyone goes :rolleyes:)

Also,.. tuned the Weber, installed a new muffler, carpeted the interior.

Next on to-do list: get rid of interior red paint, replace shot rear wheel bearing.

I bought a 06 Outback on October 4, it arrived on November3 , title got here Nov12 and registered it nov12.

Sold the 83 GL wagon Nov 3

sold my 92 SS nov 13

Disable the daytime running lights, disabled the guage sweep on day 2.

Put the all weather mats in the Outback, and ordered an aluminum lightweight roof basket for it. Deciding if I want to put some Hella 500's on it or not.

Fixed the burned out shift indicator bulb on the console with a spare 93 leg instrument cluster bulb.

looked at my SVX in the garage.

Edited by bheinen74

Did passenger side BJ, .

-Tom

You cant imagine how hard it is for me not to comment on that comment.

anyways. how hard is it to change them out on these cars? I ATTEMPTED to replace the ball joint on our '00 outback wagon and 3 hours later and a lie to AAA Towing we had the damn thing cut in half and the hub off the car and still couldnt not get it to free up for the life of me. ended up getting a used hub from the junkyard for like $50 with a good ball joint, wheel bearing, and abs sensor in it.

Ball Joint from Autozone: $35

Used Hub from J. Yard: $50

next time i need to do a ball joint i think i am gonna o back for the other hub!:mad:

Now now, I was not gonna use "BJ" but I figure we weren't gonna go their Lol.

Its pretty easy on the EA82, I just remove everthing off the control arm - remove the control arm (Incase the BJ is stuck in it and needs to be pounded) then just put it all back together. One tip though, after you get the BJ in the Hub and are ready to put the control arm back on, put the control arm onto the Balljoint first then loosen the two bolts that hold the Crossmember on that side of of the car, this will give you the extra amount of give needed to get the bolt back into the control arm and crossmember. then reattach your radius arm and the e-brake holder and you are done.

If you even need to do BJs on the EA82, let me know and I will give you a step by step detailed write up on it, on how exactly I do it. :)

-Tom

I'm Kristjan, and I'm from Iceland. This is my Leone GLX

When I bought it 3y ago...

IMG_3487litla.jpg

IMG_3491litla.jpg

This is how it looks today... Decided to do different mods than everyone else.

8521_137649652474_545682474_2697949_4062275_n.jpg

IMG_6273_ps.jpg?t=1253578763

IMG_6276_ps.jpg?t=1253578764

5163_1071224706219_1394169406_30227736_4204276_n.jpg

3942032301_5a29dfefeb.jpg

My Leone and my friends WRX swapped Legacy Outback

2dgq2xz.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=5726&stc=1&d=1257000253

Vids:

Specs:

Stock EA82 engine

420.000km on the clock

Honda Civic Coilover sleeves

Yellow headlight tint

Foglight mod on the bumper turn signals

Spider gears welded in the rear diff

Many many many tires

Electric Sunroof, windows and mirrors

Crome rims

Couple of days ago I stripped the whole interior and a rustdel. Not much rust, but still a couple of small holes I fixed.

Bought 2 front bucket seats from a Toyota Corolla GTi '88 and I'm installing them in a couple of days.

Hope you like

Ps. and oh yeah, I also have a Legacy GT 2,5 '97, bought it a couple of months ago.

6580_119987417262_638442262_2505962_7542421_n.jpg

Yellow foglights and 10k Xenon

IMG_6231_ps.jpg

Edited by KristjanJohann

Yes I've seen your car around on diffrent sites. Very cool EA82! I love that one pic of the 4WD slide I've seen somewhere.

I also like your friends WRX swapped OB and your Lego looks nice aswell - 10k is like daylight. I have 5,500k 120/140w Luminics in my EA82.

Nice pics :)

Yes I've seen your car around on diffrent sites. Very cool EA82! I love that one pic of the 4WD slide I've seen somewhere.

I also like your friends WRX swapped OB and your Lego looks nice aswell - 10k is like daylight. I have 5,500k 120/140w Luminics in my EA82.

Nice pics :)

This one? :D

2894653315_a83b960587_b.jpg

Also turned my rims inside out once :D

l_449b807c0c4079b7a473633bd13db7ee.jpg