Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

My soon to be '80 BRAT. Ain't she a beauty!!!

She needs some TLC (Time and Lots of Cash) Lol but for $400 I think its worth it. Just needs carpet and seats, a bath, tires and some love.

GEDC1001.jpg

GEDC1000.jpg

GEDC1002.jpg

EA81. Motorcraft 2bbl carb conversion, factory roll bar, Has spoke wheels for it.

NICE!!

I forget, ere you looking at mine earlier this year, but money, distance and want for shipping were prohibitive?

Either way, I'm psyched you also found a gen 1 to bring back on the road!!

Good find!

yesterday i went to u-pullit and bought a (nearly new napa) t-belt and all the idlers for the 2.2, and 2 of those heater fan switch coily things all for 20$! then i went home and put it all on the car..... yay it runs again, and the heater works on 1-4 instead of just 3-4...... nice!

Started up my 83 coupe...coldest start so far on new motor and weber...choke still isnt working but it caught on 3rd try. Then purred like a kitten. I finally decided to put the ign switch back together hoping that the electrical issue is fixed. ( getting tired of using a screw driver) So far so good..after sitting all day after the run and repair..I just went out to check everything..and L.B. started without even having to touch the gas pedal. If this charging system holds.. I will be having an ign switch and keys along with door cyl for sale.

Still not confident enough to put the Digi dash back in him yet..

I do need to change the oil on him..still has the motor break in stuff...also want to drain the gas tank.. 2 year old gas with probably a gallon of Stabil probably isnt the best for him. Problem is..he has 3/4 of a tank!!.

Edited by Bucky92

What size tire are you running now markus56 and what type of roof bars are you running. And how did you fasten the bedframe to the roof bars.:)

tires: 235/75/R15 Avon SXT

bars: knock-off Thule 2, 3 or possibly 4 inch towers

the (modified) bed frame is attached with 6 hose clamps. 3 on front and back. they are a lot stronger than you think. but we'll see what happens after the wheeling trip on saturday

Edited by Markus56

replaced Alternator it is finally almost running right still do not have the heat (from heater) it used to have before the headgaskets blew I think that is my next job. Also fixed a gas leak and installed a new thermostat.

New Exhaust, 2.5" with old magnaflow (And went offroading!!!)....

Also finally got rid of the horrible stock air box and installed the Webber Air Box on the Hitachi carb...

s6304671.jpg

Also Installed Hi Roll Bar and Moved ammo can tool boxes because of the new roll bar...

s6304450.jpg

s6304670.jpg

s6304668.jpg

I need to make some metal bottom brackets for the boxes though as they 2x4's are not doing so well.

Also Fixed my camber issue with a used set of struts!!!!!!! Strut was bent like a dog leg... only bad thing is my front end is now about 1" lower as these new struts are not adjustable...

-Daniel

so the first mod was getting a running 84 gl wagon with hi-lo four speed for free fifty:)

then over this last weekend i did some plasma torch body work to the back and fabbed a single tube bumber back there too. then i cranked the torsion bar and built 2 inch blocks for the as well as cranking up the height adjustments screws :) then i topped it of by changing over the tires to the brand new snow tires that came with the car

next up is toyota or chevy rims and better tires

i'd post pics but cant figure it out, if you can help with that please do

Edited by huelsdonk

Finally finished up installing a "clicker" on the '88 Roo Wagon.

Vallet 562t - Remote Start, Keyless entry, Door Intrusion Alarm. Short, Sweet, Simple.

I like the thought of keyless entry! Do the lights flash when you push the button?

I don't like Remote Start, Seen it fail 1 to many times (Even O.E equipped systems) Selenoid sticks on grinding the hell out of your flywheel, something interferes with a signal and your car sits in the parking lot for hours idleing.

But I do like keyless and a door intrusion alarm!

-Tom :)