Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

This is why you mount two larger driving lights in place of the original turn signals, then everyone will know when your turning!

I never trust anyones blinker anyway, people never turn when its on.

These blinkers suck so bad. You can't see them unless you're looking direct on at the car because they're set so far back. It's not uncommon for me to be at an intersection and people don't know if I have a blinker on because they can't see it. I keep meaning to add a relay or something so they also turn on the corner markers.

These blinkers suck so bad. You can't see them unless you're looking direct on at the car because they're set so far back. It's not uncommon for me to be at an intersection and people don't know if I have a blinker on because they can't see it. I keep meaning to add a relay or something so they also turn on the corner markers.

The signals on NED are the flush '85-'86 style. This style is easy to see.

You must be thinking of the '87-up facelift bumpers.

Seafomed the Desert Find. After sitting for god knows how long empty of fuel, plugs looked like they were in my woodstove, evil off-idle stumble, went and bought total tune up. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air cleaner and oil filter for sub 60 bucks. My ATV costs more to tune up......:horse:

I singlehandedly caused global warming with my cleaning. got a plate sized PILE of carbon out of the pipe, stumble gone, still has a miss above 3K, but thinking that's valves needing adjusting....which is tomorrow.

:D

Adjusted the timing in Blue.. 10 deg btdc down to 8. Seems to be shifting a bit smoother and has more get up n go at lower speeds, at least to my imagination :) First time timing a vehicle, surprisingly easy. Hopefully that helps the mpg a bit, suspect rear brakes are effecting it as well. Adjustment screw doesnt effect the spinning of the tire at all while messing with brakes, not a full spin at any adjustment :s

these are my new plans for a loyal style body: inline 4 cummins, and vegetable oil for alternative fuel, should be pretty cool. should see awesome torque #'s and i could do what ever i wanted. tube chassis cummins with subaru body that is eco friendly and bad rump roast! :Flame:

The signals on NED are the flush '85-'86 style. This style is easy to see.

You must be thinking of the '87-up facelift bumpers.

Yupp mine are right up front... people are dumb... on my street I can see my blinkers at both sides of the street flashing off houses... in the front and the back (which are tinted by the way)

How are you painting your corner markers?

You know NAPA has orange bulbs that will fit, right? The bigger ones will anyway, and if not bop them over the head and ask for the guy who can look at all the lights in stock, not just use the computer prompt to say "oh the Loyale needs white ones"...

Loaded up the wagon and took two 10 year olds fishing. We caught a small throwback size channel cat and of all things....a backpack. It was still better than a good day at work.

Envy...lots of it lol. Sounds fantastic.

not just use the computer prompt to say "oh the Loyale needs white ones"...

That just irks me something fierce.

Needed an adapter for a quick repair of an exhaust system.

Me; Need an exhaust pipe adapter, 2-1/8 ID-2-1/8 OD.

Clerk; What vehicle is this for?

Me; I just need an adapter, it's not a vehicle specific part.

Clerk; I can't look up parts if I don't know what vehicle that it fits.

Me: It's an exhaust adapter, it fit's any damned vehicle what has an exhaust system. Just look in the exhaust section and you will see them.

Clerk; I can't look up any parts unless I know what vehicle it's for.

Me; Why,,, do you have a job here?

And I left. Went to another parts store, said exact same line, got my part

Edited by TomRhere

Think I have finally solved all of Ben's coolant leak issues. :horse:

Knock on wood.

On a side note, some air pumping up through the oil filler neck with the engine running is normal, right? No smoke, no real powerful scents; just about 1/4 of the quantity of air that would come out of the exhaust pipe is coming out of the filler neck with the cap off and the engine running. Pretty sure that's normal..could use the reassurance though :banana:

Got a 105k ej22 and fwd auto trans, crossmember, steering rack, and control arms, sway bar, and struts and knuckles from a rolled 95 L sedan for $250 tax included. other than that, still driving the 96 sedamn with the 98 ej22 that jumped time on the passenger cam. Still runs ok, just "chuggy" at idle. Ordering an ebay UEL header for the swap back to dual port, as the factory manifold was sacrificed to make it single port. yuk. oh well, perfect excuse to get a header and a can muffler!

That just irks me something fierce.

Needed an adapter for a quick repair of an exhaust system.

Me; Need an exhaust pipe adapter, 2-1/8 ID-2-1/8 OD.

Clerk; What vehicle is this for?

Me; I just need an adapter, it's not a vehicle specific part.

Clerk; I can't look up parts if I don't know what vehicle that it fits.

Me: It's an exhaust adapter, it fit's any damned vehicle what has an exhaust system. Just look in the exhaust section and you will see them.

Clerk; I can't look up any parts unless I know what vehicle it's for.

Me; Why,,, do you have a job here?

And I left. Went to another parts store, said exact same line, got my part

I've had that conversation...many times. I sometimes wish I could do this to that darn computer: :Flame: