Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

cant they be relocated vertically on the radiator, in place of one of the fans?

You'll want both cooling fans on the EJs, They both come on at the same time to cool the engine.

It would also be rather tight on the back of the radiator (Might hit a pulley) and it probably won't clear the grill on most newer Subarus (I couldn't even stick small driving lights behind the grill on my Outback.

Plus, who wants to run more plumbing then you need to? Its on top for a reason, simplicity.

This is my old 81 wagon. I don't have it any more but I loved it. I had it for a long time, and the po had bought it from a junk yard before I had it. It had stickers from Colorado, a cape cod mass beach permit, and a mexican tourist visa sticker on the windshield. It lived quite a life. Sadly last fall it was just to far gone to really put back on the road as it had sat for about 10 years behind my mothers house as I was busy going to college and growing up, bla bla bla. Here is how it sat.

308512_10150384118233043_736993042_8533242_898734499_n.jpg

And here it is about 10 minutes later after I stuck a battery in it. It drove itself out after 10 years. I couldn't believe it. Broke my heart to junk it. But there was really nothing left to the underside.

313575_10150384135768043_736993042_8533283_786057641_n.jpg