Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Only Pieces left

Lukas

Hi!

A friend of mine did something very strange to his Subaru.

He bought it because the car has a very good engine, but the transmission is

broken. So he yunked it.

First step:

4g.jpg

It is a 1989 Leone Turbo Sedan 4AT Dual Range

Next Step:

7g.jpg

Its getting serious:

8g.jpg

And the sad end:

9g.jpg

Greetings

It was a Leone Turbo Automatic Transmission with 4 Gears (not the 3AT) and Dual Range and Differential Lock.

All the GL Sedans, Coupes and Wagons had the head light washers.

These are his Soobs:

1989 Leone 1,8 5 Gear Dual Range with Carbuttetor (not Injection)

5g.jpg

1985 Leone Super Station 1,8 (not Injection) 5 MT Dual Range

1g.jpg

1989 Leone Super Station Right Hand Drive from the UK 1,8 Injection 5MT Dual Range

1g.jpg

1989 Leone Station Hunter Edition 1,8 Injection 5MT Dual Range

1g.jpg

1986 Leone Sedan 1,8 (not Injection) 3AT

1g.jpg

and his 1988 XT 4AT Full Time 4WD 1,8 Turbo

1g.jpg

He lives in Germany, I live in Austria, NOT AUSTRALIA:grin: !

Greetings

Well, while it COULD be construed as murder, the car had a bad tranny and, as such, was technically dead. It could, therefore, also be construed, not as murder (or vehicular homicide), but as a simple Post-Mortem operation. Sort of like harvesting viable organs from a donor. People do that all the time. :grin:

One a similar note, I saw a 1985 BRAT in the PAP the other day.

Interior was the cleanest I have ever seen. NO DASH CRACKS or VENT ROT.

Engine and tranny have under 50k on it.

I took the rear tail gate chrome. YES.. I found that piece :banana:

BRAT1709 took... the engine, the tranny, seats, door trim, t-top windows, dash, vents, axles, carpet, etc, etc etc.

One BRAT died to keep 4 of his brothers alive. it is an honorable way to go.

BW

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I wanted to post into a very old thread, but I found it while I was reading a little bit in the forum..

well... it's ME who made that "murder" with that car.. but let me tell you some reasons.

First, the car was very old and rusty, I found it on ebay and thought about buying it, parting it out, so I bought it, because I needed a good turbo engine. Before I could part that car out I still waited a year because I didn't want to put it away..

The body of the car which was not as rusty as the rest was planned for a XT so I had to take the whole floor off it. You in the USA say it was a murder what I made with that car, but in Germany people say why I work so much for these cars, they're old and have to go to scrap. Other people wouldn't spend time on it for parting out :(...

Another reason is that I still have nearly EVERY part of that car, only the rusty metal had to go away.. and it didn't make me happy to put the car away...

I try to get every car around me, so that useful parts can be used and not that the whole car has to go away.

Unfortunalety nearly nobody is interested in this Subaru any more. In the US, I know, there are still many who like that car, but if I want to resell a car nobody in Germany would buy it, only people who have no money for a car or people who need the 4WD and use it as tool who noboy looks after.

But if anyone here is interested in European parts, I'd be very pleased, I've got too much parts, but I don't want to put them away.. btw, I AM interested in US parts. :)

So.. maybe you'll ask yourselves why I tell so much.. I just wanted to mention that there are also people in Europe who love these cars, also I wanted to say that you can get parts here. :brow:

I hope you understood me with my German-English mix...

Kai

P.S.: the pictures aren't on that link anymore.. the adress changed..

my new homepage is www.subaru.cybton.com, it's in German, but there are also pictures. If you also want to present your car on that site, I'd be very pleased, there is still space for new cars;).

here the pictures..

4g.jpg

7g.jpg8g.jpg

No worries about the english. Your english is a bit better than some of the people that are born and rasied here :-p

What sort of US parts are you looking for?.. I have a small stash of stuff and I know there are others here with much larger stashes. I imagine shipping could be a killer, but it just might be worth it for both parties for the right parts.

Personally, I commend you for having the sac to strip an old soob so that other soobs may live longer, healthier lives. Having done it a few times myself, I know how much of a lifesaver having those extra parts can be.

What sort of US parts are you looking for?.. I have a small stash of stuff and I know there are others here with much larger stashes. I imagine shipping could be a killer, but it just might be worth it for both parties for the right parts.

I'm looking for parts like US turning signals (I don't know another name for it) and parts like the wiper switch with that you can change the interval for the wipers.

I'm looking for parts like US turning signals (I don't know another name for it) and parts like the wiper switch with that you can change the interval for the wipers.

I added you to my ICQ list.. after you accept it, get ahold of me and we'll talk.

If the death of one keeps others alive, its ok in my book.

I looked at your web site and I noticed that the MY84GLF is what we call a Hatchback. The GLF is a 2 door coupe, something like the 4 door sedan.

This is what mine looks like :brow:

dirtyhatchlffront.jpg

I looked at your web site and I noticed that the MY84GLF is what we call a Hatchback. The GLF is a 2 door coupe, something like the 4 door sedan.

Well, your car seems to be a little bit modified for offroading :-p

I added you to my ICQ list.. after you accept it, get ahold of me and we'll talk.

Sorry, I made a mistake with typing my ICQ, its not 124545033, the right number is 124454033