Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of gas milage do you get?

akc

its been less becuase i have been hauling a bunch of fat people around

LAMO What! :lol:

That just struck me as funny.

I dunno exact MPG, but I'm guessing 20 city 25 or so highway. I can drive 80miles on highway speeds and only suck about 1/4 tank.

'92 EA82 SPFI 3AT

26" tires and 14" steelies

I also don't baby it alot, most time shifts above 3000 in around town, runs at 3500 doing 55-60mph.

-Tom

'86 BRAT, EA-82 intake W/Weber, solid lifter EA-81 engine got high 28's low 29's consistantly. Could get as low as 24 if I beat on it alot.

Haven't really checked the '85 BRAT yet. It's bone stock basically. Seems to do fairly good on gas. Thinking about 26 mpg.

My Loyale gets around 32-34 mixed driving. The GL with the 2.2 is a little thirstier and get in the low 30's. Now that it's getting colder the current tank is at 30 mpg.

I do most of my driving in the middle of the day so I don't sit around in traffic very often.

-Doug

'83 EA81 hatch ~240k, Weber, one cylinder with low compression.....

26 MPG in mixed driving. Drive it like I stole it everywhere I go.

32 MPG freeway only, 55 to 65 MPH. I don't drive like grandma, but pretty sane.

My '85 Brat, EA81 w/Weber was better in mixed driving (27 to 29), but a bit less on the freeway (heavier, poor drag coeficient).

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

1982 Brat GL 4 speed , Carter carb . 285K on engine .

I've gotten a steady 23 MPG since I got it a while back . Mixed driving , including some offroad in 4WD . I dont baby it , but I dont usually thrash it hard either so I dont know if thats good or bad really .... I'm OK with the mileage that I get .

cBob

1998 OBW EJ25 Automatic Alaska driving

Chevron Reg. 25 MPG

on our last trip from Anchorage to La Conner in the middle of winter

2458 miles outside temp was minus -62 below for 3 days

the gas mileage went down to 15.8 MPG.

NOTE : Driving your subie at -60 below.

1. DON'T turn on the wipers. destroys the wiper gear box

2. Don't even think of rolling down the windows

3. Don't leave the heater blower on high while parked. It will cold soak the motor

4. If you leave your car running at night, the condensation coming out of the exhaust will will build up from the ground and within a couple of hours will build up and chock off the exhaust pipe. We used the engine (PT-6) cover off our twin otter and drove the whole front of the car into it. That worked GREAT.

5. Be carefull about how much you use the brakes as they take 10 seconds for them to release ( we learned that for ice racing up north that if you dry ice and pack the antilock brake unit it slowes down the pulsing to about one pulse every 2 second ) This is GREAT as you can run full throttle in the curves.

This trick alone will make your OBW smoke the WRX.s in the corners.

Haven't found a subie yet that will outrun our Outback on the ice.

We beat the WRX'x by 8 to 12 second on the one mile curved ice track.

This really pisses off the big buck racers. We don't open our hood while anybody is around. GOODYEAR Ultra grip tititaum studded tires help too.

6. Arctic winter gear !!!!!!

We are tying to put together a winter race from Seattle to Prudhoe Bay Alaska.

our group of 8 has already done this in the summer, now we want to do a winter run.

Got 24 to 26 in the old '82 4x4 wagon -- maybe up to 28 on the highway. '89 4x4 wagon averaged 26 to 27, up to 31 on the highway. Down to about 22 when snowdrift bashing.

EDIT... that's with the CEL on for the past two years on the '89 wagon for a bad O2 sensor.

Edited by zyewdall

LAMO What! :lol:

That just struck me as funny.

I dunno exact MPG, but I'm guessing 20 city 25 or so highway. I can drive 80miles on highway speeds and only suck about 1/4 tank.

'92 EA82 SPFI 3AT

26" tires and 14" steelies

I also don't baby it alot, most time shifts above 3000 in around town, runs at 3500 doing 55-60mph.

-Tom

thats exactly how it sounds, one time i had roughly 1150 more lbs in the car than normal not including my weight. my friend is probally about 400, his bro is mabe 600 and their room mate whs about 160.

didnt struggle any more than normal but the cars starting to creek

93 legacy L -was getting 25, now its getting 22-23 with winter here and studded snow tires.I don't thrash it all the time,But is no stranger to full on rallying on the road either.Oddly enough it seems to burn less gas when I am rallying if I wrap 2nd out to redline before thinking of shifting to third,rather than shifting into 3rd at 4000...odd

83 Gl wagon- lifted,235's,roof lights,messed up ************achi carb. 15 MPG :mad::dead: