Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my lifted subaru always makes me late...

i have been late getting to work, and late getting home the past two days. if i stop, i cant get going again untill the crowd dissipates :lol:

people love this thing. i've never driven something that inspires such awe in people. its like in rolin around in a 69 corvette. i love it!_!

you guys get the same thing?

I want a lifted Subie :banghead:

Mudrat blew through SLC in "Little Roo" and everyone stared!

Everyone!!!

There are no lifted Subs Here :slobber:

If I could only find a cheap Subie :rolleyes:

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

How about a lifted 87 wagon :)

I'm actually surprised that I don't get more attention here, since there are only two lifted Subarus in the state right now. I guess people are just used to seeing wierd crap up in Alaska (there are some strange vehicles running around here, trust me).

Up in our neck of the woods theres lots of lifted rigs. More and more you see Cherokees being lifted. Not just the older ones either, I've seen a few early 90's that have been lifted (like, why?)

But when I roll thru town in Hatchet, it gets lots of looks, giggles, laughs and thumbs up. At the local esspresso stand I stop at, one of the gals there said "Thats the funniest looking thing I've ever seen". I said "I bet you wouldnt think it was funny if I rolled over your little Honda" I got a :eek::lol:

I thought maybe he was late because his car was like mine SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I do get a lot of people looking at the wombat (lime green 85 hatch with 3 inch lift, still on 13s), but they are usually laughing or saying "that is so stupid", I like the occasional look of utter confusion when people have NO idea what it is

I'm actually surprised that I don't get more attention here, since there are only two lifted Subarus in the state right now. I guess people are just used to seeing wierd crap up in Alaska (there are some strange vehicles running around here, trust me).

There is now 3 lifted rigs in Alaska... Jon got his on this past week

having owned a lifted hatch i know how that is.. although people do the same thing when i drive my SVX..

Have you ever thought about lifting the SVX? I know that it is a "Sports car" but I think that it would look pretty good lifted with some huge dirt tyres. It would definately be one of a kind!

• 9 months later...
i have been late getting to work, and late getting home the past two days. if i stop, i cant get going again untill the crowd dissipates :lol:

people love this thing. i've never driven something that inspires such awe in people. its like in rolin around in a 69 corvette. i love it!_!

you guys get the same thing?

If there is a Pilgrimage for the Subaru "Holy Lands", Missoula Montana has to be on the list of holy sites! :headbang: I believe Subaru is still the #1 seller of cars in the state, and even if Missoula it isn't the holiest Subie site, I am sure that our cult following has to be in the top ten :banana: Heck, I got $1500 for my '88 JUSTY ... sold in less than a week ... and I get nothing but smiles or just long stares everywhere I go in the lifted brat ... that's why I want to start lifting and selling some here :brow:

Ya'know, I have had more than one offer to buy my brat off me ... I never let them get to the actual dollar amount tho since I don't wana be tempted :-p

Now if I can just get enough people around here to lift their Subes maybe I can start a club or something :burnout:

And yes I have been asked Q's at stores and mostly gas stations ... it is nice :cool: