Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Secret subaru wave?

http://overkill.superhost.pl/news/2004/devil_horns_story.jpg

A mate of mine (heavy metal kinda guy) got me doing this.

Although now I am not sure if it will offend people or not.. Ahh, I don't care if it does. Put up with it.

Ofcause it also comes with the heavy metal nod :headbang: (no, not quite like that, thats a bit to hip hop for me)

http://overkill.superhost.pl/news/2004/devil_horns_story.jpg

A mate of mine (heavy metal kinda guy) got me doing this.

Although now I am not sure if it will offend people or not.. Ahh, I don't care if it does. Put up with it.

Ofcause it also comes with the heavy metal nod :headbang: (no, not quite like that, thats a bit to hip hop for me)

I do exactly that. If they're true hardcore Subaru freaks they get it.

Hey , anybody got a secret subaru wave or nod to share? This girl here wants to know... Shes got a '02 outback sport. Of course, I'm in the Loyale.

No wave or nod here, however this happens: I go into a store, mall, whatever. I come out and another Subaru is parked next to mine, sometimes two of them.

So, for years now, I park next to another Subaru when I see one, which is often :).

Thank god I spent alot of time reading this fourm before I joined up other wise this statement would mean something totally diffrent to me.:lol: :lol:

Yeah... I got your third eye wave. :eek::clap:

i dont need a wave. when i see an older soobie heading at me, i flash them a little "third eye magic"!!:banana:

Oh man! I have a Subaru sign/wave! I've been doing it for months now and it never seems to catch on (well, I never get one back...).

It's the "solid" fist! You know, an "s" in American Sign Language!

I means "solid" and "Subaru"...at the same time.

It looks like this...

You just put it up in the air when you see a Sube. Well, with all the Subes in my area, I've kind of narrowed it to Subes of the same body style as whatever I'm driving (if I'm in the EA81, I wave at EA81s, etc.).

I think everyone should do it!

Just raise your right hand and make a fist whenever you pass another Subaru.

Around here the motorcyclists wave at each other. It's funny to watch...even when they're driving opposite directions on the highway.

Its a keep two down/ride safe thing if you don't ride, you won't understand. all you drivers look funny in your cages :rolleyes:

Oh man! I have a Subaru sign/wave! I've been doing it for months now and it never seems to catch on (well, I never get one back...).

It's the "solid" fist! You know, an "s" in American Sign Language!

I means "solid" and "Subaru"...at the same time.

It looks like this...

You just put it up in the air when you see a Sube. Well, with all the Subes in my area, I've kind of narrowed it to Subes of the same body style as whatever I'm driving (if I'm in the EA81, I wave at EA81s, etc.).

I think everyone should do it!

Just raise your right hand and make a fist whenever you pass another Subaru.

i see this one loyale at the mtn all the time and everytime we pass we do this same thing to eachother but i have no idea who he is. haha i think the solid fist in the air is the subie wave

Around here the motorcyclists wave at each other. It's funny to watch...even when they're driving opposite directions on the highway.

This always interests me... Bikers do the same here but! they judge you:-\ I have a 76 Honda Goldwing and everyone that will wave(some people are unwilling) does wave to me on the wing.. I get lots of waves.

On my 82 CX Turbo, that looks more like a sport bike, I only get waves from sport bike people... but mostly stares... Maybe its the giant gold "TURBO" written on the thing, but it just seems to me that cruiser dudes only wave to guys on cruisers(or touriers)

At the same time it seems that the percent of guys on cruisers that wave is MUCH higher then the guys on sport bikes... but maybe thats just me

I finally seen another loyale round my place last night. It was snowin a little, so Mary and I took the soob out for a cruise. When we passed the soob waiting at a crossroad, all I could do was give 'em a little toot! But over all, I think I kinda go with the finger shot. Ya know, a little gun with your finger and thumb. Little clickey action on the thumb. Usually same on the bike. Over all, I think we can all agree- Any wave from one soob to another is all it takes!:headbang:

People on the Colorado AWDPirates board give each other "The Shocker" and so when I see a modded ru, I flash that to them as well.

7655~Shocker-Posters.jpg

yup seen those stickers before...(you do know what they mean right?)

as far as a subaru wave...it seems like noone ever is lookin when i do wave so normally i give em a air horn blast(that's my horn) and i also park next to any soob i can (or they seem to find me)

no wave but i do park next to the older soobs every chance i get. have come out of places to find a soob parked next to me.

Yeah. Though in Ward, it's sort of hard to NOT park next to an old gen suby. At one town council meeting we had about 3 EA81s, 4 or 5 EA82's, a legacy or two, one outback wagon, and a few old toyota trucks.