Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why am l here? USMB.

Serious question guys,

Why do you like USMB and why do you prefere this site to any other? What keeps you coming back other than your love for old Subarus.

l personally, spend very little time anywhere else, l read and sometimes post, the RS Lib club, reading but rarely posting, would be second, as l hope to one day get one so want to learn all l can, the rest l pass through rarely.

The reason l come back is the comments, a little humour is understood and tolerated, you can sometimes be wrong and not attacked and genuine knowledgable help is at hand from multiple directions. :clap:

Any Thoughts?

I love the fact that everyone here is to help. They put their knowledge in and if it's wrong, they aren't flamed, too bad. Everyone is pretty cool, we all have our moments though. The fact that you can post some busted a$s car on here and you aren't going to get ridiculed like some other forums where the point is to show up one another. We take pride in our cars and what we can do with them.

This is a very genuine group. I've read posts of people going to other people's houses to help dig a ditch that one person couldn't do by himself. The comradery. The fact that if you need a part, you'll probably get it from here and not for an arm and a leg. Ok Ok I'm done.

I have found some special people here on this board...They have come through in more ways then just help with my cars or parts..but emotionally. Since I dont have any family..I found some here..I have friends here that I feel so strongly for that they have become family..And I love them dearly and would go to the end of the earth for.( You know who you are)

I am also a female in a mans world loving these cars..and working on them..here I am an equal..treated as such.

i have t0 say that its the people here. with a few exceptions, they are the best people out there. yeah, its definatly a friend/ family feeling here, like you are welcome to come to the party and grab a hotdog and drink type feeling. that and the wealth of knowledge here doesnt hurt either.

tons of great people and tons of great information can be found here.

i can't stand NASIOC much because of so many noobies, and true we all have to start somewhere, but when mommy buys you a STI and you "want to know how to make 600 wheel HP" because mommy said she would pay for you to "fix it up" that kind of stuff gets on my nerves. that and if you post a question, people that have no idea what the hell they are talking about step up and give you their version of fact. Then come to find out they are dead wrong. Other then that I think they have grown past a point of being a small specialized forum.

legacy central can be a great place, but moves a little to slow for my taste. ask a question, wait a week get a response.

USMB is just a bunch of good old boys and gals that really love the one thing that brings us back to this forum over and over again, Subarus. We like owning Subarus that aren't cool to own. In other peoples eyes our stuff is junk, in our eyes they are works of art.

Not many places can someone show a GL touring wagon and get about 20 :slobber:s because they want one too.

Also I really like the USRM also and think this is one of the best ideas for any forum. I tried to sugest it to one of the other forums i used to be on and no one thought it was a good idea. Oh well their loss.

As long as I own a subaru I will be here checking in to see all the drama unfolding. Seeing who GD is flaming today, seeing Bucky loosing another car to someone that bought it out of under her. Or they way she drools at every lifted EA82 wagon and always says how she wants one. Or me going hormonal buying a new Subaru each week because I found the next cooler one.

The way I see it, I will never own anything newer then a first gen Impreza or Legacy so I don't see the need to be any where else.

So I'm here to stay.:headbang:

, seeing Bucky loosing another car to someone that bought it out of under her. Or they way she drools at every lifted EA82 wagon and always says how she wants one. Or me going hormonal buying a new Subaru each week because I found the next cooler one.

HEY!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: I was finally able to get one before it was snaked:grin: My 83 GL-10 coupe..so there:-p:Flame::Flame: And someday I ill have one badazz lifted wagon.But for now 3 is all my husband will allow ( and he wasnt happy about the third)

HEY!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: I was finally able to get one before it was snaked:grin: My 83 GL-10 coupe..so there:-p:Flame::Flame: And someday I ill have one badazz lifted wagon.But for now 3 is all my husband will allow ( and he wasnt happy about the third)

good to hear you found a car someone didn't snag first.

just tell the hubby a lifted wagon followed you home and it was so cute you just had to keep it. :rolleyes:

Mostly what has already been said. I found this one while searching years ago.

There is a good mix of experts & noobies. I've been on forums where the technical difficulty levels off at the equivalent of "how to change a headlamp". This one is a better match for me.

Before I found this forum, I was beginning to consider what to do for a "new" car, as both my EA82s are showing their age. Finding this much activity still surrounding these otherwise forgotten cars helped me decide to stick with them longer.

Also:

The message board program. I am on a few others(not Subaru), and I prefer the way things work on this one by far.

I come back cause you guys are GREAT !! :headbang:

I like they way people can help each other all over the world... I can't thank Eric enough for finding a car for me and I'd like to return the favor by sharing any knowledge that could help you guys. ;) and I apologize now if I get any thing wrong... I just blame Global Warming :grin:

I feel to have a more personal relationship with the people on here. I can't stand going through all the posts on NASIOC and they have that ad system that highlights the words and drives me nuts. Also there is an endless plethora of Subaru knowledge. If it's been broke, someone has already been there and fixed it and can tell me what to do.

I still remember the day Jerry (bratsrus1) came by the place i was workin one day and asked me about my subaru, then he told me about this place, and I have to say, I love it here, there is always something interesting going on, everyone is pretty reasonable most of the time, and there is a lot of knowledge floating around. I never would have known there could be this kind of following for these cars, and I have learned sooooo much from all of you that I probably never couldve figured out on my own. I love seeing everyone elses rides too! Extra bananas for the USMB:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: WHOOOHOOO!!!

Seeing who GD is flaming today.

HEY! I resemble that statement..... sometimes. :)

Mostly I just try to help people. Sometimes setting them straight is what they need, and sometimes they need real technical assistance. I offer both in one convienent package :lol:.

There are times when you just have to let the dogs out.

GD

I found this site by accident. After a half hour of reading I was very impressed. The amount of knowledge and realworld experience here is unmatched anywhere. The people are great. I won't mention any names for fear of leaving someone out. I haven't encountered anyone rude or ingnorant. I'd like to meet some of these people but most of them live far away. I go on the site at least once a day, most of the time just because it's interesting and enjoyable read. Long live USMB!!!!:cool: :clap:

You know, l'm really impressed with most of these answers and agree completely, people on this board have sent me parts to Australia for basically nothing, answered my questions without reservations and generally tried to help whenever they can. l've made mistakes but been corrected with knowledgable answers backed up by fact.

l can't believe this business about JD being a little surly, he's never flamed me.....:eek: ..... what the hell, l could swear l just got hit with a target. :lol:

HEY! I resemble that statement..... sometimes. :)

Mostly I just try to help people. Sometimes setting them straight is what they need, and sometimes they need real technical assistance. I offer both in one convienent package :lol:.

There are times when you just have to let the dogs out.

GD

and i would say most of them deserve it. you're kind of like our designated hitter. :Flame:

First, this place really rocks. I have learned more about my cars here than from any manual I have ever read. There is more knowhow here than anywhere else I have been. And I really like to see other people's cars. When my brother gave me the 87 GL, I was lost. I found this place, and have kept it running for 4 years now. I only have about $3500 in it, and that is because I found the USMB. You guys have saved me enough to buy and fix my Brat. Thanks. Whoever put the link to RockAuto up, thanks. They have parts that the local parts houses do not even list. Thanks.

this board is really the original subaru board and the folks on this board are true subaru enthusiasts.

anyone with older soobs now or past really are the ones who really understand what a subaru is, how it works, and what it is for, and the culture that goes with it.

not like the typical other boards which spring up comprised of car enthusiasm based on video game car fandom.

and a lot of the usernames i recognize on other boards are originally members here. this is where we come from. and if you werent from here you WILL eventually end up at usmb.

this is the ULTIMATE subaru message board, most appropriately named

I came here because google told me this was the best place to answer my questions.

I stuck around because I have made awesome friends in multiple states.

I'm still here because Shawn pays the staff an awesome salary. Enough to live the life of decadent debauchery I have always wanted.

I think that USMB is like CHEERS. That nice homely feeling where you pull up a stool and grab a beer and gab away about life or in this case Subarus...

This calls for a song...

USMB theme song

Keeping your SOOB alive today takes everything you've got.

Getting some help for all the break-age, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see,

our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name.

T.O.D. and phase 1 gasket, that sure like to pop

Making it home in 3WD, the stories never stop

Call it a Brumby, Ute or BRAT…

You know you wanna go,

where everybody knows your pain.

And they don’t think your insane,

You wanna be where people agree

You need an EJ powered EA….

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name

You wanna go where people all know

The beauty of all wheel drive

You wanna go where people keep

Subarus alive……..

*bow*

thank you... thank you....

BW

I love the old subarus because they are more like a truck with a car body on top.

they where the first suv and definitely mini truck and mini car

I first was only into odd classic cars and then I found my first brat then I found this site then I met all the crazy people on here at wcss7 won a trophy

Wife still hates that I won a trophy with a work in progress brat and she has a pristine classic that gets no recognition.

I love my underpowered 87 lifted wagon beacause now my wife doesnt have to sit in the middle of the brat on long trips and my new daughter will enjoy her new life in my wagon and my little boy wants a brat one day

imagine that 2020 and a 1979 brat on the road with my son riding in it wow

And this USMB will still be here because of all the friends and all the knowledge will keep subarus and us together