Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I cleaned off the old hunting stickers from the back window and replaced them with more fitting ones. These were before I trimmed the excess off.

28671_1457746679716_1114842834_31346454_1092888_n.jpg

28621_1456460367559_1114842834_31343413_1746299_n.jpg

dude, you can pull the clear off. your supposed to, its just transfer film from paper to window. pull it slowly at a 45* angle.

Also, I yanked Leaky McGreasymotor out of the car, tonight I am swapping intake and accessories over. Just a couple more evenings and she will be alive again

This car used to belong to JWX it was built using help from Will and Rankins. Many parts came from a GRM Challenge car including the strut tops and from what I hear (might be wrong) engine. it also has a modified TWE down pipe, big exhaust XT6 bars, coil overs, and revalved shocks.

:( words i wish i could say about Subie.

i'd be lying if the first thing i thought of was a car in regards to his statement. LOL!:lol:

lately i have done:

added dome light.

IMG_0185.jpg

2" lift (and in the process replaced ball joints, thats a whole other story...)

(time of pic.. just the rear was done, looked funny as hell. LOL)

IMG00621.jpg

gotta get a post install pic of it all done yet.

Made this shiftboot/gate: (cant recall if i posted it yet or not.)

its just out of some acrylic i had in the basement. would like to do it out of aluminum some day.

IMG00608.jpg

next up: gotta figure out some larger wheels/tires! and a way to pay for them.

also i have lined up from ReRack in Portland a cheap used set of rain gutter towers to make a roof rack with. $40 plus shippin, cheaper than any used ************ i can find in milwaukee fo sho.

I got to change my tire in the Taco Bell Parking lot, cuz my tire finally decided to drop enough pressure make that nasty "flat tire noise".

Gawd, another thing added to the list of crap I have to do to Xandra.

Oh well, she's less than 200 miles away from 300k.

She deserves to be high maintenance.

Twitch

I replaced my old rusted out muffler for a almost new junkyard muffler on my Loyale. And I fired up my Legacy after setting for 2 months. I never knew an EJ22 was that loud with no pipes on it. Started first try. Just need to get around to fixing it and getting it on the road.

I realized that a couple of days ago. :) Never put one on before that so chalk one up for newbness.

No prob, I was just lettin you know. In about 3-6 months in the sun, that "clear" film will turn VERY cloudy and sometimes white. :)

Flipped the fuel filter in the engine compartment. Had it on backwards.

Located a loose vacuum hose that connected to the top of the carb but I haven't a clue what connected to it. I'm beginning to get irritated with the books I have that have next to nothing on the vacuum system. Even consulted the diagram on the hood and that was about as useful.

waxed the car today.

adjusted the rear camber yesterday. the wheels are actually just about straight up and down now. i think one is actually negative camber! :eek::)

tried to figure out what is makin the creakin noise in the front when i turn now since i put that lift on. any ideas welcome, i thought the sway bar might have been loose or too tight but that didnt seem to do it :mad:

i do have a bad boot on the outer tie rod end which i have to replace but there really isnt any play in the sucker that would lead me to think that was the problem. :/

put a cut off hollowed harley sportster muffler on the car for today. gives it a slightly lower tone and makes the pipe go about 12" farther to the rear of the car (previously only went to about halfway back from the axle. ending before the muffler hangers.)

Finally got my sorry self back into my Subie the other day due to blown motor (oil pump) and have replaced the brakes, the 30k mile clutch, and finally got to have some "fun" in the car :cool:. Cannot wait to take her off road and enjoy the sites of the good ol' SFV that are still accessible.