Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I weberized the BRAT...Never worked with carburetors before. It was pretty straight forward and simple. Got it dialed in fairly well. I just followed the " weber sticky"

Now I have a lot of clean up to do. Get rid of all that emission vacuum line crap, the EGR,, evap canister etc.

I am totally amazed at what a huge difference that it makes. No more crappy anemic Hitachi. :burnout:

PB180017.jpg

PB180027.jpg

I got tired of getting the wrong gaskets for my hitachi, so I cut my own from a piece of gasket paper. Then reassembled the 2 barrel and got it ready to reinstall. I'll do that tomorrow night and cross my fingers that it will work.

well i havent been on in a while but i freshened her up a bit. did a scuffn shoot. fresh super white for i believe was a new nissan altima white or somthing dont members though. and i flat backed some pieces. the grill, emblems hatch pieces. retinted the tail lights. And i did that garden trim fender flare trick haha it actually looks great of course 11 dollars is a big incentive. sealed the gaps between the fender and flare with some white caulk. might hit the caulk with some touch up paint to match

11-06-10_1811.jpg

test fit.

11-10-10_1849.jpg

finished : )

11-18-10_2314.jpg

I put mine back together :banana:

With help from a friend ;) we got the BRAT back together for the most part.

It still needs a motor mount drilled out and bolted down and a few little things done like filling the cooling system and bolting on the starter but otherwise, IT'S DONE :D

Now I'm gonna pop on the chrome trim, bolt in the seats, drop the canopy on and be ready to roll after getting it to run :)

Twitch

Added power windows to the Brumby,had to relocate the regulator mounting holes and use the sliding rail sections from the original windows because what I adapted actually once lived in a mid nineties Liberty wagon(Legacy in the US)

Power window gear is scarce here in Australia and I figured why use something hard to get and old to boot and worn out,hence Later Subaru power window bits.

When located correctly the helper spring lines up with an appropriate recess but spacers and different hole locations were needed.

I have a collection of spacers and both Tig and Mig welders so it was easy for me each window fitment took about 40 minutes.

Wiring was custom using only a 40 amp relay and some Mitsubishi Lancer rear door switches,though any with a five wire setup that reverses polarity will work.

No control unit needed after all they never used them in early Mustangs etc just figure out the wiring,best thing ever being able to wind down the passenger window easily from the centrally located switches.

Remember the conversion is not bolt in but not that hard for some of you guys when you can not source bolt in parts for earlier vehicles,the only tricky part was the wiring due to the Subaru motors only being 2 wire and hence needing polarity switching switches to reverse direction up and down.There are I'm sure other switches available from a junkyard that will work as well but they must have at least 5 wires per switch to be the correct type.

Now all I have to do is re trim the door panels because of the hole where the winder once was or check out some Camaro type caps to plug the holes as GM did.

wifey ran scca rallyx at stratton vt in her 02 obw. stuck it in first, and managed to hit almost every boulder. broke the plastic undertray, nerfed the left side wiring harness. big smiles. skid plates are in next week. stickers are already on. planning on upcoming events at n.e dragway, nhms...

I replaced the thermostat with a 192F . Checked the plate on the driver's door pillar and it say's date of manufacture - Oct. 90 My new registration says "91" I finally got rid of the wheel bearing noise after changing out the left front wheel bearing over at Todds. Named my sub: Rusty-the Infamous Rust Wagon.

I replaced the thermostat with a 192F . Checked the plate on the driver's door pillar and it say's date of manufacture - Oct. 90 My new registration says "91"

That's very common. Most cars are made the year before they're model year. My 96 legacy was made oct 95. My 89 GL was made jul 88.