Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t owners - post your mileage

30-31mpg/US.gal/reg fuel/highway driven at 60mph with cruise on an 86 auto turbo with about 186,000mi on it...still does not leak oil and runs absolutely smooth at 700-800rpm idle...around town it is not all that great..just recently purchased and I am the 2nd owner...everything still works on it

I was driving an 86 GL-10 turbosedan that had 317,000 on it and was still going until the head cracked wide open. Now its going again with a different set of heads and a minor reseal but still the original shortblock.....I think I was getting about 25mpg but that was on the freway with my foot in it:D

376,000 km so about 230,000 miles and about 18-25 mpg depending on my driving mood. I pulled off the heads and cleaned the ...rings about 20,000 km ago cause they weren't in such good shape didn't replace though. 50,000 km's of that is very hard mountain/offroad drivin with some go fast mods to the engine.:grin:

My EA82T brat has 550 miles on a full rebuild. I get 30 on the highway easy which is to be expected considering the motor is pushing a lot less weight than the ones in your wagons or RX's

I am running it as rich as I can right now via adjustable RRFPR set to about 45psi. I'm sort of suprised it does so well with the mods done to the internals and the bigger turbo etc....

garner

'88 RX Sedan ftFWD dR DifLk w/ 120k miles. 4-wheeling (the mountain kind, not the asphalt/tarmac kind :)) i get 20, commuting to school- tank a month at 25 mpg if it has the muffler on, 21-23 if not (folks like the way it sounds). but my results are going to be lower than anyone at sea level- altitude and hilly terrain. i've gotten 27 cruizing nebraska (anyone with a spare bullet before i do it again?)

160k+ on the current engine...get about 20 mpgs nowadays. Used to get close to 29.

the 9.5:1 engine got 28 all the time. 5MT, 80k miles

The 88 RX i had got about 30 on cheap gas! 5MT, 140k miles :eek::eek:

The 89...about 20 mpgs. 160k miles 5MT

Stock GL-10 got 24 mpgs no matter what. 100k miles 3AT.

Grassroots RX....unknown....lots of miles on it tho.

how many miles you got on your rig, and how many miles to the gallon.. ?

me 170k, 26mpg (last tank i drove NORMAL) hehe

when i flog around it in smokin the ricers it gets around 22 - 23

i've got 134,556 on the odom. but I just bought it and don't know my mpg yet.