Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Supercharged 4 Cylinder?

because, thts a roots style supercharger, thats is driven off the crank pulley that has to have a carburator sit on top, and feed the gas/air mixture into the turbines which blends them and shoves it into the engine.

now the reason, a centrifical, its basically a turbo concept, ut is belt driven again and doesn't recirculate the exhaust gases rather just shoves freash air into the throttle body or carburator.

centrifical is before the gas, while roots is after.

have a nice day and

BUMBLE BEE TUNA

:D

I've known/heard of Honda drivers to put superchargers on their I4 vehicles.

And you do NOT have to have a carbureted vehicle to have a supercharger, just as much as it's not required to have fuel injection for a turbo. both are possible, but the supercharger is easier on the carb than turboing it is.

Carb manufacturers do make special blower carbs. designed for blow through or draw through. (draw through... super underneath. blow through, super on top.)

Easiest thing to do, is get a blower that sits on top and works for any two barrel or four barrel. Then get all the adapters to work our manifold into that size (IE: I have 2" of adapters to make it so that my ford two barrel will fit) and put the combo on, and engineer a way for a new pulley to be added to the belt system. remember our EA81 pulleys have to slots, on the non P/S, non A/C cars like mine, one is unused. extend the pulley on the super out a little... and walah. either get a larger alternator belt and tie it in to the already made system, or put it on the other line and find a way to make a bolt on belt tensioner.

Yes, the Xterra and Frontier both have a supercharged V6 model. The Volkswagen Corrado G60 was a supercharged 1.8l 4-cyl that existed for a few years, but was not reliable, and so was replaced with the VR6. Lots of VW guys supercharge the VR6 too.

Nissan Maxima guys tend to supercharge their V6s, and many Honda guys put the Jackson Racing supercharger system on their B16s and B18s.

Supercharged small engines do exist, but they're more rare than turbocharged ones.

The MR2 supers are really tough to find, specially if you don't want to drop a ton of cash on em. I do remember seeing pics of few years ago of an MR2 one on an ea81, with a side-draft carb, and an adapter to use the stock intake. Was pretty trick.

As far as the SVX, it's a new beltless design. They use sub-atomic nanites, invisable to the naked eye to spin the SC. :D

This supercharged XT6 is currently being engine dynod.

paul%27s%20er27-sc.jpg

107-0792_img.jpg

Once the 2 new injectors arrive (Thursday hopefully), it'll be interesting to see how much hp/torque (and the hp/torque band) this car makes. Nope, it's not my ride either and I'm not working on it. :D Just a reader of such things. L8Rs

Um, does the hood close on that XT6?

We do all know that the pic of the SVX is just a Buick 3.8L supercharger sitting on top of an SVX motor right?

Also, how come no one has mentioned the STX concept with the 2.5L supercharged motor? It would have been cool but they ditched it.:(

We don't mention the STX here on the board, mainly because most of us were sorely disappointed when the "Baja" came out, and it had NONE of the good points of the STX, ie supercharger, D/r tranny, ect..

Of course it's just a buick SC sittin on the intake of the SVX, that pic has been around for quite some time, I would, if I could come up with the cash to do it one day, like to really slap one of those babies on the 3.3L

Originally posted by Adam N.D.J.

We don't mention the STX here on the board, mainly because most of us were sorely disappointed when the "Baja" came out, and it had NONE of the good points of the STX, ie supercharger, D/r tranny, ect..

Yeah and also the bastids (the company/outfit) that made the supercharger for the STX and knew exactly how to install it and all wouldn't provide the information. They were under some type of contract with Subaru and couldn't release the information. Man, that sucks! I thought it would've been ok to release the info if Subaru weren't going to make it/go ahead with it. That pissed me off when I called them along with others. :mad: