Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big Thank you for Zap and Ken,and crew

i want to that Zap,Ken,Corky,Ed,Richie and everybody that put #8 on.........i enjoyed it a lot.......the weather was great, the Mud was Slick...i met a lot of you from the board and some old friends also.............and everybody had a great time...

Lets give it up for those guys.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:spark

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I know how hard it is on the individuals who organize this event. Thanks to all past, present and future organizers. If it werent for all of you, this subaru thing we've got going wouldn't even have lasted this long. Because of those leaving the team, I'm entertaining the thought of playing a bigger role next year. Cheers, have one on me! :drunk:

Absolutely, this was a terrific effort on the part of everyone who helped out on WCSS8. I had a BLAST!

Car Freak makes a good point -- a lot of the people who organized this year's event won't be coming back. Those of us who benefitted from their efforts need to think about what we can do to help next time around.

And speaking of thinking, check Zapar's post. He put in a crapload of work to make sure we had a good time, and he feels he got a load of ************ for his efforts. So besides our thanks, he (and everyone else who helped out on this WCSS, and all past WCSSes, and all future WCSSes) deserve our support! That means things like speaking up when people are partying in the quiet area so Zap or another volunteer doesn't have to (thanks, Laura!). It means talking to your friends when you think they might be doing something out of line, so one of the volunteers doesn't have to. You get the idea!

So here's how I see it: we're going to need a few people to step forward as organizers so we can have WCSS9. But if we expect to have WCSS10, 11 and 12 (I'd sure like to see them!) we all need to step forward in small ways so we don't burn out everyone who steps forward as a volunteer.

Well, I sure hope we can find people half as good as the ones that have been doing all the hard work the past few years. They have left excellent examples as a guide, thats for sure.

I know theres alot of quality folks out there that will be stepping up to the plate. I hope they know how much hard work it is to set this up:brow:

dude, no need for concrete, that mud pit is close enough, just add a little aggregate!

:banana::headbang::clap: thanks a bunch to everyone. If I was a west-sider I would totally get involved with the organizating... Brian and I were the last to roll out (cause of all that crap I had to pack up :lol: ) and we thanked the guys with the Subaru truck before we left...

I'm glad I finally made it to a WCSS and I will not miss another one!

Thank you all that have put this show on. Thanks to the USMB and all the mods. So what's up with people getting burned out? What happened?

Oh yeah...I did learn one thing this weekend. Canadians are people just like us. They may say eh? instead of what or duh, but that's cool. No really. I had a blast and those Cannucks freaking rock!:headbang:

Monstaru thanks for the help on getting my ********************* out of the pit. Noah...thanks for putting those "Yoters" in their place and getting me a shackle for the tow chain.

Again. Thanks to the people for putting on an AWESOME show. Thanks to the sponsors. Thanks to the people who let us use the fairgrounds. I just hope some of the disrespectful people didn't ruin it for us.:mad: And on Saturday night, who ever broke the urinal divider, you suck.\

But seriously, I'd move to Canada, but I can't stand the constant snow, living in igloos, using snowmobiles to get around, and a 18 "Sack" of beer.

So, where's next year's show?:brow:

Oh yeah, as for the Toyotas, when they got sideways in the park, the Police were right there and we (the subaru scene) are the ones renting the grounds, shoulda had them ticketed.

The a hole who puked in the bathroom...you suck.

You guys with your STi's that did the cookies on the way out, were you mad that a older gen won the wheels(wait was it an older gen?)?....well I was going to write a response to Zap, but I can see why he's getting out of this. But just remember we learn from past experiences. WCSS7 wasn't as much fun as 6 or 8 because of the location and the non mud pit action. But thank you Zap. I know I and my crew had a blast, we did get kinda loud Sat night then Erik came over and punched us all in the necks and told us to shut up. But it did get loud after that, but I'm going to have to blame the Canadians. Damn rotten apples spoiling the bunch...or was it sour apples spoiling the bunch...all I know is that people in glass houses sink shi shi ships(Movie quote). END of POINTLESS RANT.

But it did get loud after that, but I'm going to have to blame the Canadians. Damn rotten apples spoiling the bunch...or was it sour apples spoiling the bunch...

EXCUSE ME SIR?!? don't loop all of us Canadians together!:mad::rolleyes::-p

and it was a guy who owns a WRX that won the wheels...

but that aside... the show was AWESOME! best one i've been to yet! thanks to everybody who put it together! eric and ken! yee haw! and everybody who helped out... i'm HORRIBLE with names... so excuse me... but thanks to EVERYBODY! all a great bunch of people and i can't wait till next year!

you guys always do a bang up job!:clap:

thanks rguyver for bringing the head for me! i'm gonna have to play around with it and rebuild the motor for perhaps another car... gonna be great practice!:D

thanks again everybody and i'll see you next year!:D

Thanks to all who hosted this year's show, and to all who have helped out in the past. It is a big job and often goes unrewarded and unapplauded. Even though I could not attend this year, I want to thank all involved. It is a pretty special event that brings some very cool people for a common cause. I sincerely hope someone else picks up the ball and runs with it next year.

Ill thank everyone for being so great ! it was so well orginised for a event of its size , or everyone just knew what to do it just worked out that way , Car show , mud pit and rally cross all went great with out any problems :).

I would like to see WCSS9 at the same place that was geat!

There will always be those that cause a problem but if thats all we had i say it was a sucess , and if all it takes is 4 Canadians to be what you call loud imagin if there was more !:lol: i blame it on the cheep beer:drunk:

What was the best time at the rally cross? my best was 1,11 i think, but i could have got under 1 if i stayed longer .

thanks agane !

Yeah thanks a bunch to everyone who had a hand in organizing things, I'd like to help out next year, since I'll be in Oregon lol, I really wanted to chase down those jackasses in the old (75 or so) full size Ford and 80s Ranger that showed up right after the mud pit was winding down, and right after the cops left, the full size decided to sit there and rev his engine like he was cool, and then the Ranger did a mad cookie and really tore the %$*%* out of the grass.. if I had had my dodge I woulda blocked the exit so they couldn't get out lol.. I sure hope they(And the dillweed in the STi who decided to do a cookie, then ignore Ken when he chased him down hollering) don't make the fair people decide not to have us back next year. And I was not one of the loud people SAturday night as I left at like 10:30 lol (and if I had been there, I would have been respectful and quiet)

I had a lot of fun too, despite the misunderstanding with the mud pit and Zap. (No hard feelings) I noticed that people are posting comments about helping out next year, and I'd like to lend my skills for the event if needed. I would love to help with the logos, mugs, shirts, and decals. I have over 12 years of experience in a sign shop and a B.S. in Graphic design. It would be my pleasure to help out with that next year. I'm not sure who to contact or how to go about helping in that department. So if anyone wants my help with that let me know.

Thanks for the event. I look forward to it every year and would die if it weren’t around anymore. I always meet allot of great people and just love talking shop with everyone. Next year I'll have to bring my gen 1 brat to give poorboy offroad a run for the title. I still can't believe there was only one gen 1 there. I love the old school subarus. I'll have to post some of my pics. I have like 300 or so.

Now is the Time ,How ever the Torch is turned over ....and or if there is a committy to arrange for next year i would love to be a part of it...

ive been on the board for a while...and have deep respect for all of you on it...

Nobody period can replace Zap,Ken, and the others ...... but we need people to step up to the plate and organize next yr.....NOW...weather its 8 people or 25 people this has to be done..asap ..logistics for next yr....the Site and dates...

the organization of events.. ect....this now must be brought up and worked on.. ....iam sure Zap, ken and the others will help provide info so we can get on the right tract......

Spark

Thanks to everyone that helped out. Shawn,(rallitek/IPD) Zap and Ken, and John from Subaruwest are our hero. Tex is being too modest, as he did ALL the graphic work for the show, asking to help out next year Tex is not a request, it will be a requirement. ;) There are also a lot of people that just saw the need and helped out. THANK YOU!!! From cleaning up the puke (craig) to helping the people who were intoxicated, and making sure they were ok (everyone on saturdaynight) and Jamie (Ken's daughter) and Paul Eklend(sp) for handling situations on Saturday night, and EuroWrx for his tractor skills and getting the place. Monica (tex's fiancee ) my wife Lisa, and Ken's son who though not active parts of the suby/rallycross community helped out whenever and where every they were asked to make the show go smoothly, same for Jamie (though she is active in suby stuff). I can think of a lot more people that helped make the show go better and Thank you.

And I learned that Canadians don't have heads that flap open so they can talk. They are real people, too. Thank you for making the trip all the way down here to make the show better!!!!

See my post about Subarustyles. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=507748#post507748

Thx to all who gave their 110% to the show. I enjoyed it more than last years ...

I put alot of effort in doing a trailrun and it turned out ok..& rather impromtu...months of hitting the trails and local areas went almost unnoticed...I spent hours printing up guidelines and getting maps together... I have yet to receive one thankyou....or that was kewl...I did my best to give folks who drove from afar to have a good time... I believe they did... So I understand the reason why some folks are trying to pass the torch...I tried to step up into some big shoes...!

It takes alot of work and effort to put together a show! Teamwork & Sacrifice makes it work...

Everyone needs to do just a little volunteering to make it happen.

'

Cheers:D