• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good...

come join us on the 27th at walker valley heres the link

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=547746&postcount=1

87 GL Subaru 6"lift , 30" Hankooks M/T

My online Subaru lift store http://www.sjrlift.com

Videos of my Soobie offroad http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/

that thing's not gonna be able to do anything when it encounters a hill. it should do alright in mud though. get the sledge out, trimming those fenders isn't gonna do anything.

Why cant do anything when it finds a hill?ITS GOT 300 HP-read

215HP more than your car came stock.

they never said this was a trail rig,more of a mud runner.on the other hand if it was my rig it would have 300 hp and instead of turbos it would have a supercharger...all the power I could ever need...especially if the DR holds up to kinda power...

The turbo needs high RPMs to spool. That engine ain't got no torque at low RPMs. Especially with those gargatuan tires. That don't help the crawl ratio.

I'm sure it has more then 150nm in the low RPM's, I think that shoud do for most hills you need to go up.

Exactly when those tires start spinning it aint gonna stop. If a stock Subaru can climb the hilll at our facility, this thing will climb just about anything! Once its up and running though only time will tell, never the less the fun will have will be worth as many axles as it takes!!! I LUV U PUL IT JUNK YARdS, and axles don't take longer than 20 minutes to change if you know what your doing!

Sure turbo torque insn't instant but it doesn't decrease the N/A torque of the motor, only adds.

I'm not 100% sure on this with EJ's, but I think you may be wrong here. See, when they turbo a car they usualy reduce the compression of the motor. This in turn leaves you with less torque unless the turbo is spooled and is making up for the lack in compression. But like I say, this may not be the case with this motor his running. But I know it is for the EA turbos.

I'm not saying the turbo is a bad thing, and I agree it would have plenty of power all the time. But still I like high comp N/A engines. It's a bit like riding a 250cc 2stroke vs a 400cc 4 stroke, I like constant power, and lots of it.

• 2 weeks later...
As if the motor has _less_ torque at any rpm than some busted old ea81 or 82.

Agreed. Turbos actually add tons of torque, even at low rpms if the turbo is small, and the TD04 on the WRX engine is tiny. I have a TD04 on my Volvo Turbo, and it produces 10psi of boost at 2000rpm. I can't even go full throttle on my stock EA82 at 2000rpm without lugging the motor!

• 4 weeks later...

The cars up and running and ready to rip! Albie has already ran it several times and says its solid as a rock.... Can you say 40-50 foot roosters :eek: ! Qman your right Albie should bring a trailer i've seen him drive too :clap:, its gonna be good.

Remeber the event is on the 24th of february. Lifted Subaru Races will be held!

Oh my God! ... I like your Wagon, It´s Crazy & Beautyful! It´s a Monster Subie!

:headbang:

Guns and Subarus.....Me like.

Yes, but to be Perfect... Can I change the Guns with Girls?

:grin:

so the moral of the story is, find someone with an '04-'05 STi to take the photo next to, and eff the dealers and what they think :grin:

Well...

... on the other hand if it was my rig it would have 300 hp and instead of turbos it would have a supercharger...

I Agree!

Make sure you get vids. YouTube 'em for all the other people out there.

Yes, I´ll Love to Watch Videos of your Monster Subie! ... I Like it!

:lol:

I dont think the tires are big enough man!

:eek:

you must getvideos of this, and they better be high quality too. that thing is nuts, i love it!!:headbang:

I Agree, Absolutely!

Good Luck on the Race! :burnout: