Top Posters In This Topic

of my past and present.....

'84 wagon YES

'84 BRAT YES

'85 wagon YES

'89 3door RX disconnected by previous owner, never bothered to hook it up

11/79 SKI wagon N/A

5/78 BRAT N/A

'86 TURBOWAGON yes, but severely out of adjustment as if cable is too long due to ea81 engine swap but will be fixed to work correctly when turbo engine is in

6/92 loyale... it's a crap-o-matic :grin:

Mostly it's when I'm parallel parking, it kept me from being able to roll back into the spot under certain conditions.

For hill starts, it's was a fairly minor annoyance. When I hill start, my body instinctively leans forward a bit knowing that I'm going to drop back a tad before I start. So with the hill holder that sensation wasn't there, yet I was still trying to compensate for it.

Kind of like when you're the passenger and you expect the driver to do something (slow down, speed up, whatever) and you compensate for it but they don't do what you expect.

Mine's disconnected.. I found that when doing reverse 180s in the sand, if you're going backwards, declutch to shift and tap the brake pedal to lighten the front end and whip it, it engages the hill holder... and screws up the whole ballet... :eek::headbang:

That and it seeps brake fluid...

88RxTuner

I use it and love it.

If it screws with letting you *roll* backwards, just let the clutch pedal off a hair. If that doesn't do it it is out of adjustment.

Placing a Shim under the rear bolt of it will increase the angle that the car must be tilted back before it will operate. Makes it not so likely to interfere in a parking situation.

Never had a problem with any of mine.

'86 4WD Loyale 5-spd. wagon

Love my hill holder! My car spent it's first few years in Colorado so plenty of hilly streets & roads that it was very handy for. I have need for & use it occasionally now. Just had it adjusted a few months ago.

have it connected and it doesnt really help. this car is light enough that it doesnt slip backwards with a lot of momentum. it seems more of a marketing gimick to me. i think a really good candadite would be a pickup truck 1/2 ton or larger. get a decent trailer on there and you will be extra careful pulling out without one.

Morning folks...

The hill holder on our 92 Loyale works excellently thus far and my wife loves it. We have some pretty serious hills here and she is finally free to work the clutch without fear. Personally, it is a fun little gadget that I was amazed to discover.

Imagine our surprise when we wouldn't roll backwards on a uphill, we didn't know it even existed. LOL...

Placing a Shim under the rear bolt of it will increase the angle that the car must be tilted back before it will operate. Makes it not so likely to interfere in a parking situation.

Good to know... I'm going to attempt to re-use mine when I replumb all the brake lines on my '82 Brat.....

Impreza-d/c

GL-was operational and it's hilly around here and everybody has a tendency to get right up on your a$$ on a steep hill in these parts. I've found that the e-brake works just as well though, but it's inconvenient to do so when there's a purse sitting there.

Hill holder FTW.