Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

reinstalled the hitachi to the engine, tried to get all the vacuum and emission hoses into the right spots. Got a new radiator cap, ready to fire it up once the new Magnaflow header shows up tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it runs with minimal amounts of troubleshooting and replacing rubber lines. Then two new front axles and she should drive.

Replace the drive line u-joints. Replaced the oil pump o-rings. New battery cables. Tracked down an electrical gremlin. Started to replace a torn DOJ boot but the dealer sent me a CVJ boot instead. Put on the snow tires. With any luck, a LSD swap this week.

9" of rubber on a 23 offset Pug won't clear the stock fenders. I did pull/roll the right front and it now clears. So I need to do the same to the left front and then the hell starts in the rear (dealing with rust and 3 layers of metal).

Edited by vagen

Superu,

No I couldn't use the plastic surround. The Speaker body was to large (Design is a little different then the Stock ones) so I just screwed them right to the door. I had to hammer up the hole lip aswell. And yea if I were to put these in the front, the window hits. Just goes to show EA82s are better :)

Hmm, i guess I need to spend quality TIME whenever I get into doing speakers... :rolleyes:

My other thought is a pair of 3-way 6x9 in the rear deck of my sedan... That'll take some zzz action but would be worth it in the end...

Try looking at Pioneer, some of their speakers aren't as deep. I did everything Pioneer in my Loyale.

Good advice, thanks!

I'm presently researching/troubleshooting the cold start problem I'm having with Rusty, my 1991 SPFI ea82 4WD wagon. It seem's like it's only banging away on a couple cylinder's until It get's warmed up, then it run's fine. I put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator so my heater work's better during this frigid weather we've been having. Pic's to come soon as I get enough post's.

reinstalled the front sway bar and new magnaflow exhaust manifold/cat and fired it up for a few seconds. Need an M16x1.5 plastic drain plug to fill the hole in the side of the radiator so I can run it and tune the carb. Making real progress, once the correct axles are here it might move under its own power, we shall see if the 5 speed D/R I got is any good....

Killed a rear strut, noticed I couldn't find reverse anymore and found the blown out bushing and temporarily tightened it up till I can get a new one, hot wired the fan because the fan thermosensor died, got a squeal from the fan telling me its on its way and doesn't like the cold, and to top it off nicely I noticed some green liquid seeping out of the top of my engine block, right at the headgasket. I was wondering why it was getting a little warm sometimes. All in a weeks work and right in time for the snow!:eek:

hey guys i plan on tintin the tails on my 88 gl wagon wonderin if i need adhesion promoter and if anyone has ever used the rustoleum stuff and if it worked out for you, thanks in advance

and to keep it on topic, i dug it out of the snow last night :eek:

-kelson

Edited by mudER wagon

I noticed some green liquid seeping out of the top of my engine block' date=' right at the headgasket. [/quote']

my 98 foz decided to splode its friggen plastic radiator side tank. :mad: I ordered an all aluminum one off ebay... cheaper than orielly, and should last longer than my dohc 2.5l :lol:

...Or you might Use an External Photo Host site, like Photobucket. :)

O.K. I have my pic's in photobucket now and I managed to post one of them on my facebook site, but I'm still confused as to how to post them on usmb? I've used the search function looking for help with this matter but to no avail. Look's like I'm not the brightest bulb on the chandelier.