Ultimate Subaru Message Board

super ultimate hp gain ground wire?

Not completely untrue. Most ground wires are too small. Just enough to ground the system. The newer cars seem to be more ground sensitive then even our cars. 15 HP I doubt, A couple of HP could be gained by all the electical components working at peak performance.

Still, at first glance it is quite funny to see.

having more /better grounding wires

will help not sure about how much of a increase you could expect

i did read a article in a import mag while waiting at the store

where they did a dyno test before and after the wires and there was a difference <sp> on the dyno

the other nice side benefit is the decreased radio noise a litle more efficiant charging system

i would assume that the fuel injected system might like it since having more ground paths would most likely result in more stable sensor signals especialy in crappy weather / offroading

and last but not least a few links i picked out

and a list search engine results

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread/t-422.html

http://www.international-auto.com/tbgroundcable.html

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74745

http://search7.vivisimo.com/search?subquery=dyno&v%3Afile=viv_14ac7aab1d096b69b3e22cc189097bca&v%3Aframe=results&v%3Astate=%28root%29%7Croot-0-20%7C1&v%3Asubsearch=1

• 2 years later...

In copper, the electricity flows on the outside of the wire first, inside with higher load. The smaller stranded yet thick wire like welding cable would be best but the big thing is to GROUND THE HEAD. More spark=more power. Split your grounds to many places for long lasting power windows, locks, lights, radio, dash, heater, etc...

Look at an old suby ground and then check out any new car. I've seen 3 ground wires on th fuel injection alone and more on heads. Old suby has one ground from engine to batt and one to chassy. REDUNDANCY is good. Less load=less corossion.

well you know it just happens sometimes when someone gets to searching through a bunch of threads.. and reading them all.. and finally decides to have his two bits in on the subject!!

its a brain fart, i have come SOO close to posting in some old threads i read while searching....

but it seems to mostly happen to new users. thats my theory, anyhow.

Posting to it only keeps it near the top. :-p

Stop posting and it will go away. ;)

Edit: One other thing.. I think people who would trust something like that on ebay deserve to be ripped off. Grow a brain? If you have a issue with high postage, don't buy it. Sorry, getting into the ebay rubbish now.

Posting to it only keeps it near the top. :-p

Stop posting and it will go away. ;)

Edit: One other thing.. I think people who would trust something like that on ebay deserve to be ripped off. Grow a brain? If you have a issue with high postage, don't buy it. Sorry, getting into the ebay rubbish now.

LOL, funny, people all have an opinion about grounding. While most will agree that grounding is good. How much is a good thing is the question that remains to be debated. I have run those "extra" ground kits before. While 12 hp is a stretch. Better spark and freer flowing current has to add something.

And if I want more HP I will just add a couple of decals!!

LOL, funny, people all have an opinion about grounding. While most will agree that grounding is good. How much is a good thing is the question that remains to be debated. I have run those "extra" ground kits before. While 12 hp is a stretch. Better spark and freer flowing current has to add something.

Absolutely.

Smoothed out my idle and helps keep my digidash under control.

I wish I had spent the money on one of the cool bright green kits. I hear those are good for 35+HP :(

But seriously, making your own new ground wires is as easy as making toast. And a fair bit cheaper then $20... I can see how if you had totaly stuffed ground wires you could lose 12hp. But then starting would be almost impossible surely? 300amps through a wire that has trouble making a spark plug fire? Maybe see 2hp gain on a dyno, but I doubt you'd feel it with the butt dyno.

Fixing/upgrading your grounds is a good idea. But spending that much on a kit is just... :confused: