Ultimate Subaru Message Board

R.I.P Roger "Tobias" Roberts

Not very many of you knew him personally on this forum and he wasnt a very active member but i wanted to give a shout out anyways since he was a soob owner . My best friend/ big brother was stabbed to death trying to break up a fight between a guy and a girl that he did not know at all. They were just the neighbors across the street. He was an awesome guy, willing to help anyone out at anytime that he could, If my car broke down an hour away he was right on it and would drop everything he was doing to come rescue me. He was so open hearted and had nothing bad to say about anyone at all . He was always down to go do whatever and find an adventure . He'd try an take care of our friends as much as he could whether it be buying everyone food for the day and throwing a BBQ or giving you a ride to work, no charge . He was a hero, a brother and a friend. He would've been 24 this year, and it kills me that he's gone so quick because he had a heart condition already and had been in the hospital numerous times before and has had 15 small heart attacks. He had just gotten out of the hospital about 2 months ago from another case where he was having some heart problems, and he was doing soo good and being healthy and it just ****ing sucks that he had to go out this way .....

I love you man Rest In Paradise, Tell Dwight and Robert i say Hi .

Here's his rig, we just got done putting a 6" lift and those 235s on it maybe a month ago ..

cbb033fa.jpg

Our mudhole at this wheeling spot by his brothers house, that thing ate both our rigs and we had to pull each other out haha. This is with One Eyes 2" lift

120115_489-2.jpg

man, where do I start. anger i guess, i hope they hang that guy high and long. i know its not going to change anything but far too many good people go down for bad reasons. what a hero. probably saved that girls life, if not that day then in the future. I am so sorry, im sure you have no shortage of help but if there is anything in the world you need, want, or otherwise name it. violence is never the answer, and nobody ever wins. Godspeed Tobias. Thank you for your sacrifice. It takes an incredibly strong fortitude to lay down ones life for another. And just because he probably didnt go into it with that in mind, he didnt have to. we lost a good one.:mad:

RV

Truly sorry for the loss of his life.

A True Hero in my book.

Very simular circumstances to what happened in my Family back in 2009, only Rich didn't die, came close though..

He was,, protecting a female friend.

My Dad, (if he were still with us), my 2 Son's, and myself will definetly jump in when some dipstick thinks he can smack a woman around.

Again, my condolenses to his Family and circle of Friends.

Can't right at the moment, but I am willing to do a donation if something is setup for that.

Damn man didnt see that one coming, Rodger was a cool chill guy I had only met him that one time that you guys came up for the lifts, but he seemed stoked about life, and willing to dive in to situation not even having any Idea what to do. I think I can say for Rick and Josh both that he was a pretty cool good guy, hate to see someone go down like this, trying to do the right thing, all the meanwhile there is still some D-bag that gets to live.

Im sorry dude, I couldnt image if Rick wert around I seem to do everything with him, all of a sudden everthing changes.

If you need anything shoot any of us a call up here, I'm sure if you need to get the hell out of dodge to get your mind off things there is a place up here you can come to and we could all BS or wheel or whatever.......... hang in there though.................

Jeff

Thank you all for the Condolences and support i really appreciate it a lot !

He was definitely a hero in a lot of peoples books. And I have been doing a wee bit o' drinking for memories and good times. Not to drink my sorrows away lol

And thanks Jeff i really appreciate it i have yours and Joshs number . We definitely need to go wheeling sometime, maybe after you get better and what not .

I dont wish death upon anybody but i sure wish that ***hole could get the chair as well, he got charged with 2nd degree murder but i have no idea how long he'll be in there. Im guessing at least 25 years ? The thing that makes me upset the most is that the girl that was in the fight with her Boyfriend, is the cousin of the guy who stabbed my buddy . Why stab some random person trying to help and not the guy whos beating up your cousin !?!? I guess the guy who got caught claimed he was high on drugs and had been drinking so he probably had no idea what he was doing and just jumped in the mix knowing he was going to stab someone ..... :horse:

Also there is a BECU account that anyone can go and drop money off into if you would like to donate, anything helps and is much appreciated. On sunday we had a carwash to raise money and we made a little over 4,000 dollars !! Which is going to cover most of his funeral costs and give him a proper burial so us family and friends have a place to go see him at .

Heres the account info:

Any other donations anyone would like to make are welcome and can be sent to the Roger W. Roberts Benevolence Fund at BECU, the account number is 3590784994.

Thank you all very much !

That's a screwed up way to be taken out of the world... but this world is mostly pain and suffering anyway. He has moved on into the next stage of existence. Must have just been his time. It's always hard for those left behind to deal with the loss, my best advice is to find inspiration in things that just keep going no matter what. You're on a Subaru board, that's a darn good start.

Damnit man...

Is he the one that took your dog?Came wheelin with us at Tahuya?

Sorry mang, Hope your time gets easier.

************ man....When I heard it on the news I was taken aback.Now I just don't know what to think..

sorry mate,strength be with you.

cheers

Yeah thats him, he had the cream colored wagon that went to tahuya with us. And i adopted his dog from him . ive been trying to stay as strong as possible, **its rough. Ive had too many close people pass away in my short 18 years of life .....

thanks man

Damnit man...

Is he the one that took your dog?Came wheelin with us at Tahuya?

Sorry mang, Hope your time gets easier.

************ man....When I heard it on the news I was taken aback.Now I just don't know what to think..

sorry mate,strength be with you.

cheers

Really appreciate you sharing this on the forum. Im going to move this over to the 80's thread in case anybody over there knew him and missed this in the Off Topic area.

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Just don't drag yourself down too long as he wouldn't want you doing that and instead would want you to continue to do things like he would; help out friends and such when they need it like he did.

I think this was his first post here in the welcome area:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129206