Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally have to break the news...My turbowagon is totalled *PICS ADDED*

280Ouch-med.JPG

280Ouch3-med.JPG

So, to make a long story short, my 1984 turbo wagon was involved in an accident last week...It's totalled. :(

My question is this...My insurance company is doing everything to get me a good amount on the car, which they originally were unsucessful...Uh, $500 for an 84 turbowagon? Don't offend me dude. I even had a bet with my adjuster to actually find an 84 turbowagon for sale...He lost.

Anyways, there's a professional appraisal company that does custom choppers and classic cars coming to my house on Monday to check out my car to tack a proper dollar amount to it.

I have stacks of receipts for it, which is all going to add value to the car but, was wondering what you guys think is a good value for the car.

For those of you that HAVEN'T seen it...

It's perfectly straight, with perfect paint...Not a ding.

Perfect interior, nothing missing, chipped, ripped or messed up

140k miles

tinted windows

Greddy turbo timer

Clifford alarm

Pioneer deck and 4 5.5" door speakers

BRAND new Bridgestone Potenza RE930's

VERY recently powder-coated wagon wheels

and all the engine mods, Accel coil, NGK wires, etc etc...

brand new radiator, brakes, water pump, etc...

EVERY service record done to the car, since it was a baby.

So, what do you guys think?

I'm going to present this thread to the appraisal company to show them the value and demand for these cars.

Thanks tons,

Daniel280Ouch2-med.JPG

Buy it back after they total it so you can salvage most of the parts. Since it is your car they will give you the option to buy it back for a % of the value. Then you don't have to go and buy all of those parts again. Find another 84 and transfer all your parts over. Then you got your car back.

LOL I think ya got some numbers backward there.
LOL yep, a few nights of no sleep and I can't think clearly, that'll be the exchange after another few years of Bush devaluing the US dollar tho. Are you talking about the RX in the buy and sell Bushbasher? I phoned the guy and he was not willing to budge on the price at all, kind of rude actually.

LOL yep, a few nights of no sleep and I can't think clearly, that'll be the exchange after another few years of Bush devaluing the US dollar tho. Are you talking about the RX in the buy and sell Bushbasher? I phoned the guy and he was not willing to budge on the price at all, kind of rude actually.

Yep. His ad was pretty rediculous too. I didnt bother to phone. Still got his #? phone him back in a month ;)

Geez -

If I had before and after pics of my car to post - mine's an 85 N/A wagon - it was totaled, and in FAR worse shape than that and I fixed it - the front main support can be cut off and welded on easily - and all the rest of the body work is not to hard either

FIX IT

that's ridiculous. there is no way that car should be totalled. that should cost $500 to fix, maximum. take it to a body shop that will give you a good low quote. have them repair the radiator support and install the radiator, grille, headlights, and bumper yourself, and get your insurance company to reevaluate your car's value. Find as many clean turbowagons as you can (for sale, the closer the better) and show them to your insurance company. keep your title clean!

Buy it back, I think I should have all the parts including the bumper with gold stripe.

I would say around $2500, and I will offer my professional opinion on it as well. I not only own a shop but also hold a small collection of ea81 Turbo Vehicles.

Richie Lawson

Superior Import Repair, Inc

503-288-8634

NOTE TO EVERYONE: If you think you have a rare or unusual Subaru that is in better than average condition. When ever you see a car priced above what yours is worth, you should cut out the ad. I often print out the selling price of BRATS on ebay, and Autotrader in case any of mine are in accidents.

I can't believe they totaled this car. Looks to me that it needs a new bumper, grille, headlight surround, headlight, and maybe hood. I took photos of mine today and have one of me standing back past where the grille emblem used to be. Send 'em a copy of that and tell them to give the $500 to buy the parts to fix yours. It could be a lot worse.