Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's done. It's over.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. I slid into a ditch and hit a tree on the passenger side of mine back around thanksgiving. Missed the bumper and ripped the air dam off the mount. Crumpled the fender and corner light but did not get the frame or the headlight. I would definately fix it if it was mine. But then again I bought mine totaled and don't mind a dent or two. Bolt a flat piece of steel where the bumper bolts and tie on to a tree. Straightened up my frame like that.

oh my god... that is really really sad.. just ruended my day, well its 11PM so not really. You sure theres no more donor cars? Anywhere? how about making fiberglass panels for it? Maybe just put the engine and that in a brat and autocross that!

Anyway, sad day for subaru, my subie is missing its engine right now... doing the clutch on it, has the wrong on it right now. Very sad day for subie roo.

damn will. glad to hear your ok, sorry about the rx. just remember, it could have been much worse. i say that you should try to fix it. it might be a good oportunity to come up with some new goodies for the greater good. maybe use it as a test bed.

Oversteer+not being on go pedal=RX into tree.

DSCF4109.JPG

The wagon is going to return.

Pfft, that'll buff right out. :lol:

Seriously though, you know we all have great respect for that car, it's a shame for it to end like that. Glad you two are both ok though. Oversteer is what ended up getting my WRX wrecked. :(

Damn Will... with all the people wrecking their turbo'd Soobs, maybe I should have mine running this month since I got the parts from you yesterday. Anyways, the RX will live on in other forms by donating parts to other vehicles.

Is the passenger side rear quarter window still good?:brow:

Oh and that box-o-parts should be coming to you the beginning of June

that's painful. I'm glad you and your passenger weren't hurt, that's the next best thing to not leaving the road.

and as a driver of an old RX it's good to know that the WRX's aren't the only ones that have too much power for their own good, in a way :rolleyes:... it was getting old hearing about kids wrecking WRXs.

<hijack>my car came to me with a nice front-right impact, not as bad as your front-left there, but I had quite a time of it replacing bumper, straightening sheet metal kinks etc. not done yet but no hurry, cosmetics are not its strong point.</hijack>

Good luck with your wagon, it will have a fan club here I'm sure!