Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Commercial With Brat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the two forester commercials yesterday. Kinda makes you wonder how much sway we have in the Subaru community as a whole. It seems as though this ad was aimed directly at this message board. :lol::headbang:

This thought occurred to me as well when I was out in the Brat today. I interpret it as Subaru saying that they haven't forgotten their past and still embrace it. When I made it back to my old house, my grandma told me she just seen a Brat on TV, made me proud.

I also thought of drawing out a graphical representation of this board on the internet. How our board is basically the small central hub to larger ones such as Nasioc, RS25, XT6 site, Legacy central, etc.

Since we tend to yell at them alot, i figured i would email subaru a compliment about the commercial.

Subaru's Response:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your kind comments regarding our new commercial, which I will detail below even though you got the meaning of the commercial 'right on the head!!!!'

The following is true in general. But, it is especially true when people contact us about our commercials:

As you can imagine, many people tend to contact a company only when they are unhappy about a particular situation. We find that it takes a very special person to take the time to send a compliment about a product or service that has given such great satisfaction.

Joe (yes now you all know my name and i must kill you-nipper)- you have made my day. Thank you very much for your time and comments, which by the way have been forwarded to our Marketing Department.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

My wife and I recently sold our '97 OBW (aka. "Don", short for Donatello). Just a typical green Outback with 212k to most, but to us, it was the trusty steed that never let us down.

The new owner called us about three weeks after he bought it: Don had been rear ended and would most likely be totalled. Admittedly, we were both very sad about it. I don't recall feeling sad about my hondas or other cars when I sold them. My wife coined the phrase "Don isn't dead, he just went to Moab". About a week after, the new Subaru commercial aired.

Anyway, that is my short edited story and I like the new ads so far.

Since we tend to yell at them alot, i figured i would email subaru a compliment about the commercial.

Subaru's Response:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your kind comments regarding our new commercial, which I will detail below even though you got the meaning of the commercial 'right on the head!!!!'

The following is true in general. But, it is especially true when people contact us about our commercials:

As you can imagine, many people tend to contact a company only when they are unhappy about a particular situation. We find that it takes a very special person to take the time to send a compliment about a product or service that has given such great satisfaction.

Joe (yes now you all know my name and i must kill you-nipper)- you have made my day. Thank you very much for your time and comments, which by the way have been forwarded to our Marketing Department.

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Hey Joe, (did you think no one would use it???) is there a specific Email addy to get it to the right person??? I think it would be cool if we all sent them an atta'boy. Thanks, Tim

blah blah blah ..... somewhat cute,but that's where it ends for me. Consider the way the industry has gone and that Subaru is just another cog in the big machine. They ditched their old fuel saving cars, they neglected the vintage owners from the moment they hit big in the 80's, they don't make any effort to support the vintage or enthusiast crowd here unless you're buying STi parts.

When they bring back something like a 1600 or 1400 I'll appreciate them showing those cars.

Hey Fuji H.I., I dare you to make a dual range on demand 4WD fuel injected 1600 or 1400 for the entire western hemisphere. Punks!

Give us what we NEED. NOT what advertising mindwarps us into believing we WANT.

I have to agree with you 100% on this one. I dont need AWD or 170 hp. I would happily buy a small 4wd that only made 100 hp brand new. I want efficiency and practicality and dont really care if the honda next to me can blow my doors off.

I have to agree with you 100% on this one. I dont need AWD or 170 hp. I would happily buy a small 4wd that only made 100 hp brand new. I want efficiency and practicality and dont really care if the honda next to me can blow my doors off.

So why not email them and tell them that?

I did.

nipper

I sent SOA a message too....

specifics?

I want a diesel boxer in the USA now...other wise I'll be hunting the net for a front clip to be shipped over from the E.U. or elsewhere.

second beef? The DR5 spd or better yet... how about a 6 or 7 spd DR?

IF the new jeeps get a 6 spd why not a 7 speed DR?

/tangent... oops I forgot to send them about the tranny ideas.....

nipper.... your awesome....

lol....

Hey btw I've got custom plates that say Soobie now lol I'll post pics

The 2 old subaru commercials I thought stood out were:

1) the one showing 4x4 vehicles as being clumbsy/cumbersome, the big truck turning into an elephant trying to be manuvered around city streets, and then showing a late 70s wagon as a sharp contrast to what were most of the 4x4's available then

2) it starts out with a farmer telling his son, do what you think and the son drives off to town in a hatch(I think). The father then sees him tearing up the road coming back into the farm in his new sports car, and exclaims when he stops, I thought we agreed you were going to get another subaru? the son answers, but dad I did!(he was driving an XT6)

I did.

nipper

they really don't make any new "hatch patrol" candidates anymore do they?

it would be really sweet if they built a coupe sedan and wagon again that are like the old ea82s of course updated and such. but "trailable" Subaru has forgotten the jeep-killer apeal of old subys!

I emailed SOA as well. I received the same generic letter you did.

Thats ok, i emailed a follow up letter and got a response to that too, so its a human on the other end.

And they do listen to the letters. I asked them about a 50/50 switch and better colors :D

nipper

Thats ok, i emailed a follow up letter and got a response to that too, so its a human on the other end.

And they do listen to the letters. I asked them about a 50/50 switch and better colors :D

nipper

I also enclosed in my letter that I have a business degree and am wanting to start a career with subaru. I had already submitted two applications but have yet to hear anything back from them.

I also enclosed in my letter that I have a business degree and am wanting to start a career with subaru. I had already submitted two applications but have yet to hear anything back from them.

Resumes should always go by snail mail, on textured paper fo some kind and with a cover letter. They shouldnt be related to another communication. When you send a resume by email these days, it just gets lost in the pile, to be processed by software. If i can I prefer to do a snail mail resume over email for a cold mailing.

nipper

I did.

nipper

nipper,you're about 10 years behind several of us who've tried to email,etc.....heck,we even have an SOA guy here , and not the guy who sweeps the floors either. He's very busy,and his dad is ailing last I heard so he's not on here much at all. He knows the deal too. He even owns a Gen I BRAT.....so why don't the other people at Cherry Hill or wherever the heck it is now take notice?? You got lucky and had someone who replied without a form letter,apparently.

eMail schmeemail,they don't give a rats arse about us or going backwards with horsepower and housewife magnets like AWD or 17" wheels they DON'T NEED.

I emailed SOA as well. I received the same generic letter you did.

Not laughing at you but ...... :lol: :lol: we've been down this road before.

That was the intended reaction. I did not expect to have anything special returned back to me, I was just curious to see if they would actually type out the letter.

As a business major I fully understand that they would be stupid to go back on 30 years of engineering. We would have nascar.

my jaw hit the floor when i saw it. i was like wait why does this look like i have seen this before. i just figured they used a board members yard to film the end. just about any of us has a yard that looks like that. i must say it was nice to see. now i can say that it is normal to have old ea 81 ea 82. they may not run. but they live on by one part at a time. but in someway i think SOA is paying tribute to the USMB. seems like they are in someway showing what owning a subaru will do to you. kinda of like a warning label. if you buy a subaru this could happen to you!!!!!!!!!! and also after much thought i realized i went from one blue oval vehicle to another. from ford to subaru. i do still own one ford truck though. cant see myself parting with it.