Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

cool i thought this was just for old school...

LED'ed my whole dash and was going to do the ECTS but the USPS I guess was too lazy to deliver today...

I did buy a new radiator cap since i think the one I have on the car is near about as old as the car.. but new radiator.

DSC_1348.jpg

Cup Holder!!

DSC_3959.JPG

Hard to find these (i think company went out of business), but luckily cheaper now (still too spendy honeslty). But dammit i want someplace to set my coffee!

On a side note - this is w/ a full "skinny" 24oz water bottle that made it a bit tipsy. A regular cup/can of soda, or even 24'ish oz cup from drive through fit much more securely.

Necessary - no. but nice to have!

rob

did a 2 inch suspension lift on the front with some redneck custom strut extenstions :lol: it turned out pretty good. camber isnt as bad as i figured on it being :rolleyes: changed a lower ball joint too... which was completly fried. id swear there was at least an 1/8 inch of play. the one pic with extension next to shock was cut shorter obviously but everthing fit nice and tight.

post-28666-136027643401_thumb.jpg

post-28666-136027643407_thumb.jpg

It's been an interesting summer...

Had an electrical failure; replaced starter and then ignition switch, then the battery. I was going it with a shotgun mentality but with 200k, I figured anything I replace is gonna be an upgrade.

Then in the heat of July developed a fuel delivery problem. A jy fuel pump unit complete ($5!!! :banana:) fixed it right up.

In early August the alternator died but that story was more about the $160 cost than the 20 minutes it took to swap it out.

Finally changed the front axles. Sounds good without the clunking.

Clayed and waxed the car, Tuned the MSII a bit more, still has a way to go but it can rip tire in first kinda, and trying to figure out the water to air intercooling setup for it. OH you wanted pics? Sorry, dont have time. Maybe later though.

I noticed that I've never seen my radiator fan working.

I bought some relay's, one to turn on a light when the coolant temp sens. turns on the fan, and one to bypass that circuit for a manual override.

Made a mistake on my diagram, the thermal switch gets its power from the factory harness, not this circuit. :banghead:

5-way relay, 4-way relay, left over connector from my bumper job, blue lighted switch, green indicator light.

fanwire0.jpg

Did some testing, found out that the factory harness ground for the fan is shot, so I ran a fresh ground and used a butt connector to tie off the factory ground.

fanwire1.jpg

Still a little messy, but I have the 4-way relay hooked up for the indicator light, and spliced the power-in so the fan can be fed by the factory or override circuit.

fanwire2.jpg

Here's a shot of the 5 way circuit sitting in the place where my stereo is supposed to be (stolen before I bought the car). The main power feed is drawn from the cigarette lighter, which is switched and fuse protected, the two output circuits from the relay are also fuse protected.

Note: when the fan turns on via the coolant temp switch, it still draws from the factory harness, I just ditched that connectors harness ground.

fanwire3.jpg

This is the switch and indicator light installed. I'll go back in a paycheck or two and shorten the wires, clean up the mess a bit, probably throw in some black looms to keep them out of the way of other circuits.

fanwire4.jpg